Chapter 38 V3 [12]
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 "Congratulations to you three!" Haruna approached Sango, who hugged the girl, pulling her into a tight hug. A mission complete. 

 

 "We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you! You kept your word, it means so much to me!" 

 

 "For a girl your age, you're extraordinary!" Sango hugged Haruna tighter as Haruna settled into the hug, eventually accepting it. She wrapped her arms around the woman's hips as best she could and at that moment, wondered. 

 

 "Is this what moms hugs would be... like right now? It's... comfy" Haruna smiled, choosing to close her eyes in an effort to keep the tears from becoming visible. She buried her face into Sango's chest as a moment went by and Sango eventually let go, having heard sniffling. 

 

 "Haruna? Is something wrong?" Sango asked, gaining the attention of Giovanni who'd been talking to his daughter. 

 

 "S-Sorry..." Haruna mumbled, leaning off but keeping her head down. She quickly brought her hand to her face to wipe away the tears that were almost revealed to the family. 

 

 "I'm great! You three have a happy life, it starts tonight! You deserve it after everything you went through" Haruna giggled, hurriedly attempting to rush by Sango but heard Himari's startling shout. 

 

 "Heeey! Wait a minute!" 

 

 Haruna glanced past her shoulder to Himari. "You're Haruna right? That's your name?" 

 

 "Ahuh, it is!" Haruna raised a thumbs up her way. 

 

 "Thanks for everything! It was so sudden but what you did for us, I'm eternally grateful... I, I hope we can be friends at school and outside of it! My names Himari Ginko, please remember it!" Himari's voice echoed as Hanami gave her a nod and went about exiting the factory, waving a thumbs up over her head once. 

 

 Though she felt like sticking around a bit longer it wasn't her place. Staying too long would remind her of what she didn't have and she didn't want to ruin their moment. 

 

 Setting her sights to the vast night sky outside of the factory, Hanami noted the clouds were clearing up, though a pain throbbed in her heart now. Something she couldn't shake off as she pressed the back of her hand to her mouth and kept walking with no direction in mind until someone caught up to her. It was Sayuri. 

 

 "You have any idea how to get home?" 

 

 "Not a clue... I don't think I'd call that place home exactly..." 

 

 "Aw, don't say that! You're only getting used to your life here" 

 

 "We'll be flying you home, the request was a success. You did great, young Hasegawa." 

 

 "I only wish I'd seen you in action" 

 

 "And... how you managed to get out of that dire situation" Sayuri glanced to Hanami's neck, her eyes glowing a slight violet as she focused on guiding Hanami to a bat-craft transport to the Hachi estate. 

The same was said by Alto upon Hanami arriving home, though he did it with the rest of the maids. "Welcome home" They all said in union, two of the maids bringing a warm bathrobe and slippers to the girl, who'd been half spaced out. It didn't register until that moment that part of the clothes she had on were drenched aside from tattered. That was soon resolved when she was brought inside of the main lobby and to her dorm. 

 

 A change of pace. "Surpriseeee!" Aimi, Haruna recognized the maid as one of the apparent Senja clan Setsu's. Though, recalling Sayuri's words, she wondered if they were just being nice out of obligation or meant it. "If it's fake then she sure is an actor" Haruna pouted, though kept a frown as she was handed a box. She observed it and then slowly decided to almost open it. 

 

 "Is this... did that Takumi put you up to this" 

 

 "No, not at all!" 

 

 "Then..." 

 

 Haruna opened the box, only to be surprised by a folded paper. She brought it out and opened the paper. "Alto and all of us agreed to draw you that while you were away. Please hang it up when you can." Aimi bowed, then turned to leave the hallway. "Hope you were surprised, bye" 

 

 Haruna almost smiled, though each of them had different kinds of drawing it reminded Haruna of her manga, and the funniest was the most realistic looking picture that surprised Hanami. "Ubri... has serious skills, I might have to ask her to help me when I start to practice my drawing more-" Right then, she noticed the area beside her was empty, someone hadn't drawn themselves in yet. She could tell Takumi would have to be. 

 

 "Good, he's not in this picture..." She shut the door behind herself, placing the paper on her messy desk. There were books and papers that she swiftly arranged while muttering. The happenings and the sequences of events replayed in her head but she pushed it out, boggled with what to do. School? What assignments? "Why am I even thinking of assignments at a time like this... It's so late as is" 

 

 Then the memory flashed in Hanami's mind causing her to stagger slightly almost as if replaying when he flicked her nose. She could still feel the sting, a thought that made her nose prickle. 

 

 It'd only been a few hours since the closure of the factory request but still, his words and the fight were fresh in Haruna's mind. 

 

"When I see your persistence it reminds me of unfinished business I have with those in Hokkaidou, your persistence is like that bitch of your sister, you both need to die" 

 

 "All of your miserable clan, is nothing but sneaky savages" 

 

 Her shoulders slumped with the urge to uppercut. 

 

 "Where does he get saying all of those mean things... that Takumi" 

 

 Haruna gripped her small palm into a fist, finding the room to be too stuffy. She went straight for the balcony of her room sliding the glass door aside as the gust moved through her hair. 

 

 "I can get if he's mad at Angia, was it Angia? Or one of the others? but... what's his history anyways? What's his damage? Why does he have to accuse my entire fami-" 

 

 "That Balooga face is the worst! You're the worst!" She shouted as loud as possible, her voice echoed to the vast gardens below her balcony. As she said this, she noticed a passing cloud made someone visible, it was Takumi. Who'd been standing there, in thought only for those thoughts to be snapped by her voice. 

 

 His gaze went to her as he slightly averted his gaze.

 

 "Were... those tears?" He wondered, then returned it to her only for Haruna to turn away and slam the glass door while Takumi sighed, glancing to the colorful round bats eating fruits on a nearby tree. 

 

 "So... Rae and the others are coming tomorrow." Takumi wondered, starring at the quiet night sky. 

 "A good time as any, I can't train like this-" 

 

 "Hesia..." 

 

 "I'm aware it isn't her fault, but when I see her face... It reminds me of you all and I'd rather slaughter them all but that Hasegawa-" 

 

 "With the information that's been sent to us, dramatic choices must be made for the three ports of Honshu."

 

 "or more precisely the three points of Shishi Kuchi" 

 

 "It's likely any other potential attacks could be made using that"

 

 "A more pressing vantage point should be mentioned to Cordelia"  

 

 "A number of traitors in Honshu, it's clear if we can't find the terrorists so easily it's because they're being hidden in plain sight" 

 

 "It's apparent we must urgently close down Honshu and take military action to protect Honshu and scope out the terrorists that infiltrated before the populous is harmed"

 

 "What will be harmed is the business in Honshu if such pressure is put outright, it isn't that simple Mohsepi" Azami responded for Miyumi who remained in thought, her small fist resting on her cheek. 

 

 "There are three protocols that can be taken, in order of succession. The harshest doesn't have to be the fast answer. Use Protocol C3 of the three Seals and Contain, checking the ports to see if they're entering through there- We'll have the closest packs to those locations undergo an investigation and watch what they do while the entirety of the Ikigai do their part." 

 

 "That's a good suggestion Ayami,"

 

 "Even so, there's a thorn on our underside that has to be addressed Miyumi" 

 

 "Please, all of you allow the president a moment of thought" Said Azami, her twin giving a nod. 

 

 "It was quite reckless to have that young girl paired with Takumi on such a request"

 

 "But it worked out so no complaints" Miyumi waived her finger with a gleeful smile that upset the elders seated on pillows arranged around her. 

 

 "It was a test, to help us alll... to develop that flower" 

 

 "See where she is... as well as the others" 

 

 Whispers filled Miyumi's ears, from the crowds behind the three main elders. "Satoru, Chikako ... Sachie Do you not trust me in my fathers absence?" 

 

 "Your decision so far is very questionable to be truthful Cordelia" 

 

 "Those are moves Kaede would not approve of if she were presently here" 

 

 "Mentioning my grandmother, that's a good one though I'm just as skilled as she is in 'go' so my reasoning is fair and simple." 

 

 "The Ikigai is already investigating, in the meantime the first military protocol will be started, it's a great time as any to have Setsu students across the region earn their chance to bare fangs the right way... Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dinner reservation so I'll leave you all in Aya's care-" 

 

 "Cordelia wait!" 

 

 "We haven't spoken about areas of most importants to put gua-" 

 

 Chatter erupted from those seated who watched Miyumi on her way to exit but added "If we have to close things down even more, so be it. If we put fear or show the public the Ikigai can't capture the criminals then it will put a bad rep than the one that's already been looming with Takeshi leaving my baby brother in charge. Considering ‘the rest of the Hachi family is returning soon, it’d be really bad… So you three sort what you will with Aya and Azami, the first protocol will start. Inform the human population under our control about their curfew hours and the like. Anything else, will be sent as letters to my office." Her form broke apart into a cluster of bats that fluttered into the darkness that surrounded them as Sachie almost stood from her pillow seat but sat back down with a sigh. 

  

   Appearing in front of a brightly lit restaurant Miyumi laughed noticing a file document on her phone. Fixing her sights to the guide that opened the door, she noted. 

 

 "Yoshigawa sure works fast." 

 

 

 

 

0