Interlude – Ephiro’s Despair
121 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone. This is Ephiro speaking. Also known as the God of 'Things'.

Seriously, whichever of my siblings came up with that title really deserves a swift punch to the back of their head.

Now, I don't want a whole lot of things. I made a world that, as far as I can tell (which is pretty far if you haven't realized!), is a genuinely good place to live. There isn't any racism, beyond the inevitable stereotyping, and you don't have to sacrifice your life fighting for cruel (and unusual) dictators. I think it's safe to say I deserve a little bit of credit.

But the one thing I want to change about my world, I just can't for some reason!

WHY ARE THERE SPIDERS!

I've sent my followers on LITERAL crusades against the damned (heh, get it?) monsters on at least twelve separate occasions, and I have confirmed that they were completely wiped out each and every time, yet I look away for ONE SECOND, and they're back!

I'll admit I'm not the smartest, but I don't think that's how that works!

After checking with the other gods I know, I've confirmed it's not any of them pranking me.

...there's only one god who pranks me anyways, and she just throws baked goods at me for some reason.

Anyway, back on topic, after all of my sleuthing, I can only conclude that this is an attack on my authority!

So, after thinking a bit more, I decided to summon Arika!

In doing this, I can kill two birds with one stone! Not only can I tell just from looking at her soul that she hates spiders with a passion and will likely decide to kill them all, she'll also end up making me stronger by creating weird things!

******

Oh. Oh no. So much no.

So, I may or may not dropped Arika off right next to the Godforsaken Forest.

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"That name seems a bit on the nose, huh?"

Well, I'll have you know, I originally wanted it to be called the Forest of Magic, since it has such a strong concentration of ambient magical energy, but after the spiders started showing up, the residents of my world just decided to call it that.

I might want her to kill all of them, but if she does anything drastic in that forest, it may or may not cause the world to explode.

...why did I let them convince me that leylines were a good idea...

******

It's been about two days since I reincarnated Arika.

I don't think she realizes that she slept on the ground for a day and a half and called it a nap, but what can you do?

So, I have good news and weird news.

The good news: Arika hasn't caused the apocalypse yet.

The weird news: She's managed to find the fate mandated ice fairy.

As much as I love the God of Fate, she's a real weirdo. She has this tendency to impose completely random laws that everyone has to follow, for seemingly no reason other than it being funny.

This one, for example.

'Every realm must contain at least one ice fairy (or fairy-adjacent being) that resides on a lake in a dark forest.'

I have no clue why she made this.

It's the worst for the gods with worlds that don't have anything supernatural in them, since they just have to break their own universal laws to stay on her good side.

And the last thing you want is to be on her bad side.

******

After seeing Arika nearly open a portal to hell through instinct because of a frog, I may or may not have finally realized my mistake.

Giving the ability to kill literally anything to an emotionally unstable person wasn't my best choice, but I still think it'll turn out fine.

Probably. Somehow. I hope.

******

I really hope she'll get out of that forest soon.

The spiders aren't goin-

*ring*

"What?"

*click*

"Heya Ephiro. It's Arika. Now, I'm going to ask a few questions, you'll answer them, and nobody gets hurt. Capiche?"

"Uhh, how are you talking to me?"

"Put your hand over your heart, and ask yourself."

"...nothing happened."

"...haaa..."

Why's she sighing?

"Anyways, question one. Why is there an infinit- I mean, an invisible barrier around the plains I started in?"

"There is?"

"Were you not paying attention before?"

"Yes I was, and I didn't see any barriers!"

"...is this guy a retard? Of course you didn't see an invisible barrier! It's INVISIBLE!"

"...oh. Well, I don't know why it was there!"

"Okay, question two. Is your refrigerator running?"

Hmmm... what's a refrigerator?

"I don't know what that is."

"...you won't even let me have the satisfaction of making a prank call, will you? Well, that's all I wanted to know. See ya later."

"Wait! I still don't know what tha-"

*beep*

Well, that just happened.

I've got two chapters ready for Saturday, so don't go thinking I've died just yet, alright?

In other news, I've spent the past few days getting my hand and face drawing skills improved, so here's this:

This-took-too-long.png

Yeah, it's still not very good, but I'm proud of myself for actually drawing a hand that looks like a hand.

Fun fact: all of this was drawn with Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP with a Wacom Intuos 3 drawing tablet. Very outdated.

I'm also much more used to drawing on paper, hence my tendency to differentiate colors by simply filling in less, rather than making a new swatch.

3