Ch150- In a Land Far Away
291 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


As the scan completed, Harry noticed something peculiar. "There are shards of broken wards here," he observed, the compass revealing remnants of magical barriers that had been forcibly dismantled. "Looks like Quirrell has been here already and made quite an entrance," Harry deduced, his lips curling into a frown. The destruction of these wards not only confirmed Quirrell's involvement but also suggested he had no concern for subtlety or stealth in his approach.

"This could work to our advantage," Harry thought aloud in his mind. "If Quirrell's already broken through the wards, then there's no immediate alarm to be triggered by us entering. Still, let's be cautious." He eyed the remnants of the wards, fragments of their once potent magic now scattered and inert. They were a silent testament to Quirrell's desperate pursuit of the Philosopher's Stone, a pursuit that had led him to forsake any pretense of allegiance or respect for the protections placed by his colleagues.

Reassured that his entry would not alert the Hogwarts staff directly, Harry steeled himself for what lay ahead. "Alohomora," he whispered again, this time with renewed determination. The lock gave way with a soft click, and the door swung open silently on well-oiled hinges.

As Harry approached the door on the forbidden third floor corridor, he whispered, "Alohomora," and watched as the lock clicked open. Stepping inside under the cloak of invisibility, his eyes widened in disbelief. "The hell. Is that a cerberus?" he questioned silently, astounded by the sight before him. Indeed, a gigantic three-headed dog lay slumbering in the room, a harp nearby playing a gentle melody that seemed to keep the beast in a deep sleep.

Nigel, observing through Harry's eyes, remarked, "Seems like music makes it sleep." Harry nodded, grateful for the harp's enchantment. Using his Observe skill on the creature, he gathered information:

[System Message: Fluffy - A giant three-headed dog known for its strength and ferocity. Currently under a magical sleep induced by an enchanted harp. Caution: Highly dangerous when awake.]

Before Harry could process the situation further, the harp's music came to an abrupt stop. "Oh, charmed to stop playing when anyone else enters. Seems like Quirrell is not as foolish as he lets on," Harry deduced, realizing the trap laid out for intruders.

Without hesitation, Harry swung his wand, casting a spell to make the harp play again. The music resumed, and the massive dog, named Fluffy according to the System message, promptly fell back into its dream-filled slumber.

Harry scanned the room, searching for any sign of Quirrell or the Philosopher's Stone. "Where is Quirrell and the stone?" he pondered aloud. Pulling out the Magical Compass from his inventory, he directed it around the room to find the largest source of magic.

Frowning, Harry noticed that the compass pointed directly under one of Fluffy's paws. Upon closer inspection, he spotted a trap door hidden beneath it. "Clever," Harry mused, appreciating the ingenuity of the hiding spot.

Harry considered his options. Approaching Fluffy to access the trap door was risky, even with the harp's music playing. "Nigel, any ideas on how we might move Fluffy without waking him?"

As Harry stood on the brink of the trapdoor beneath Fluffy's paw, Dumbledore's stern warning echoed in his mind, hinting at a perilous journey ahead. Nigel's voice broke through his thoughts, dripping with his usual sarcasm, "Swish and flick, Master Harry."

With a determined nod, Harry pointed his wand at Fluffy's massive paw and gently levitated it, revealing the trapdoor fully. As the dog began to stir, grumbling in its sleep, Harry quickly jumped through the opening, "Definitely Hagrid's doing," he muttered to himself.

Nigel, ever ready with a quip, replied, "What gives, Master Harry?"

Rolling his eyes, Harry responded, "Who else but Hagrid would name a giant three-headed dog Fluffy?"

Laughter echoed in Harry's mind, Nigel finding amusement in the situation, "True that."

Harry peered into the darkness below the trapdoor, skepticism painted across his face. "Yeah, I am not jumping into the darkness blindly," he declared, just as he let himself fall. Mid-descent, he smoothly retrieved his broomstick from his inventory and began to float downward, the soft hum of magic underpinning the action. With a flick of his wand and a whispered command, "Lumos Maxima," a brilliant light illuminated his path, though the bottom remained enshrouded in mystery. Within seconds, the rustling sound of movement reached his ears, revealing a room overtaken by Devil's Snare. "Typical," Harry mused, quickly adapting his spell to "Lumos Solem Maxima." The room flooded with a brightness mimicking sunlight, causing the plant's tendrils to retract hastily, clearing a way forward.

Navigating on his broom, Harry entered the next chamber, which housed hundreds of floating keys. "A charm, then. First a dog, likely Hagrid's. Then a plant we covered in Professor Sprout's class, and now this. Flitwick's touch, I'd wager. And a broomstick, too? Seems these aren't traps set by Voldemort but a series of tests by the headmaster," Harry analyzed aloud, his voice dripping with a mix of amusement and disbelief.

"Scan all the keys and find the right one, Nigel," Harry instructed, eyes darting across the swarm of keys. Nigel's response was swift, "One with an injured wing, Master Harry. Quirrell's handiwork, I'd guess." Nodding, Harry deftly captured the key, its damaged wing a clear giveaway. Unlocking the next door, he was greeted by a vast chamber dominated by a giant chess set.

"McGonagall's contribution, no doubt," Harry sighed, observing the layout. Noticing a missing piece on his side, he scoffed at the designated space for a pawn. "I am no one's pawn," he asserted firmly.

His irritation mounting, Harry eyed the chessboard disdainfully. "I'm tired of these games, Dumbledore," he grumbled, striding confidently across the board, bypassing the chess challenge altogether. He had no intention of playing by the rules set before him, prepared to bulldoze through whatever obstacles lay ahead.

Harry's stride across the chessboard was one of resolute defiance. As he passed the meticulously arranged pieces, his frustration with the headmaster's orchestrated trials bubbled to the surface. With a firm grip on his wand, Harry's anger manifested in a silent yet forceful wave towards one of the black pawns blocking his path. The pawn, as if caught in a maelstrom of unseen forces, was abruptly rocketed into the air. The piece spun wildly, its ascent a silent testament to Harry's refusal to be a mere participant in these games.

Across the sea, in a secluded castle, Nicolas Flamel lounged comfortably by the fireplace, a chessboard before him. In his grasp, he held a black pawn, his attention fixed on the game. The tranquility of the moment was broken by the arrival of a stunning woman, who gracefully served him tea. "What's on your mind?" she inquired, her voice a soft melody in the cozy room.

Flamel lifted his eyes to meet hers, the depth of their history reflected in his gaze. "Oh, just pondering over the pieces," he responded cryptically. The woman's brow arched, "Have the pawns been positioned correctly?" she probed, seeking insight into his strategic mind.

Flamel nodded, a slight smile playing on his lips, "Yes, they are moving as anticipated. We should expect outcomes soon." The woman, unphased by the cryptic conversation, positioned herself comfortably on his lap, her arms encircling his neck. "And the stone? Was it necessary to risk something so valuable?" she questioned, her curiosity piqued.

Laughing lightly, Flamel shared, "The stone they have is merely a copy. I was curious to test a theory." Her understanding shone through as she nodded, "You've always known best." His response was tender, a kiss that spoke volumes, "Your faith in me, My Fairy Lady, means the world."

--

Please rate and review! Much appreciated! Leave a comment, tell me what you think!


To Read up to 50 advance Chapters (25 for each novel) and suppot me...

patreon.com/thefanficgod1

Please drop a comment and like the chapter!

25