Seretini vs Alencia
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Check out the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@SnowwindTCG)


As the lunch bell chimed, Alencia made her way to the U.C convenience store. 

This mysterious establishment, which had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, was regarded by locals as if it had always been there. 

When she first saw the store, it was closed and protected by an imperceptible barrier that is invisible to the eyes of even the most proficient magic wielders. 

So, to confirm what this store was and who owned it, she entered.

Despite the barrier, it posed no obstacle to her. 

As the chosen saint blessed with divine favor, she possessed the ability to defy most magical hindrances and was impervious to the laws of magic. Her authority extended as the transcendent being in Universe-1221, tasked with safeguarding the universe from external threats.

One of her responsibilities, bestowed upon her by the divine blessing, was to oversee and manage any external entities that jeopardized the harmony of Universe-1221. 

If deemed necessary, she had the authority to eliminate such threats. However, she also acted as a mediator, ensuring fair treatment for those who posed no harm and could potentially benefit Universe-1221.

That is the natural duty of one who is blessed to be a transcendent being.

Thus, it was within this capacity that Alencia found herself at the U.C convenience store on this particular occasion, only to stumble upon a distressing sight.

Is the Tower Master Seretini of the White Mages pointing a gun towards the friendly employee?.

Though the exact circumstances were unclear, it was obvious he was under threat. 

How audacious for a leader from another faction to threaten someone within the glorious land of the lord!

*****

I could understand Alencia turning the bullet into dust, but what did I just hear?

She referred to the White Mage as 'Tower Master Seretini'. 

If indeed it was her, I had seen her profile on Tree Wiki. She had a substantial influence in Universe-1221, being the master of the White Mage Tower and considered akin to an angel among white magicians. 

Such was her stature that Tree Wiki had a dedicated page for her. Yet, why would someone of her caliber come visit a neighborhood convenience store? 

It was like having the U.S. President visiting a local store in Busan, not just once, but twice!.

"Excuse me, both of you...?" I attempted to intervene before matters escalated unnecessarily. 

I recalled a past incident where two monks, one from a temple and the other a mountain recluse, had clashed in a convenience store. It was a spectacle akin to tigers locking horns, forcing me to quickly call the authorities. 

However, this time, my instincts warned me of a different gravity.

"I'm uncertain of your relationship, but could you please take your altercation outside?" 

Before I could finish, the chilling notion of 'death' flashed in my mind.

Bang!

In an instant, time halted, and silence enveloped the world. 

Then, a sudden gust flung me against a corner, as if summoned from nowhere.

“Please…stop fighting…my head…”

Despite my throbbing head and the excruciating pain, I managed to stand up, clutching my skull. 

In just 30 seconds, a battle unfolded that defied description.

Alencia vanished from view, reappearing swiftly near the White Mage Seretini, who, in response, kept her distance and aimed her firearm at her.

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[Will you really not intervene!?]

-Store Manager-

[I specifically said so]

It was surreal to witness such a scene, especially with bullets flying everywhere in the confines of a small convenience store. 

Yet, Alencia showed incredible agility, effortlessly deflecting or dodging bullets, while the White Mage maintained distance, conjuring flames from her staff like a seasoned sorcerer.

-Store Manager-

[Instead of that, Mr. Kim Hyun-woo, please sample this popcorn. It's a new release from headquarters—bacon-flavored with bacon powder sprinkled on top. Let us know if it should join our inventory]

-Kim Hyun-woo-

["Are you seriously offering me popcorn when there's a fight happening?!"]

-Store Manager-

[Just try it and let me know]

Once again, I asked for help, only to receive a bag of popcorn as a consolation prize. 

Surprisingly, it was quite tasty.

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[It's actually not bad. How much is it?]

-Store Manager-

[It weighs 70g and costs $1.50 won, but we're considering a promotional price of $1 for the first month as a launch offer]

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[It’s fine. It’s much better than other products… No, that is not important right now?!]

In any case, Seretini displayed a swiftness that belied her title as a magician. When she fired her last bullet, she swiftly ejected the empty magazine and deftly reloaded with a new one, exhibiting a level of skill surpassing video game characters. 

Even amid the chaos, her precision in targeting only the opponent's head was remarkable.

However, despite the relative spaciousness of the convenience store, it remained a confined space. 

Utilizing a firearm in such close quarters, particularly against an opponent capable of neutralizing bullets with bare hands, was a disadvantageous position.

"…Damn it!" Seretini repeatedly retreated in an attempt to maintain distance, only to find herself ultimately cornered.

"It's over."

Thud-! 

Eventually, Alencia's foot collided with Seretini's abdomen, propelling her with great force towards my way.

"Ugh, facing monsters without proper weapons is truly a disadvantage..." Seretini's voice strained with effort.

Is the wall okay?.

Seretini managed to clutch onto the wall with trembling hands, pulling herself upright, though she staggered and spat blood from her mouth. 

Thankfully, the convenience store's wall remained intact. 

Given the force of her impact, one might have expected the entire building to crumble, yet it stood sturdy and undamaged.

 Fortunately, it seemed no one would become collateral damage in this chaotic scene.

"You should run away... The gods show no mercy to those who come from different universes like you. They'll likely subject you to unimaginable torment, a fate worse than death. I'll buy you time, so run as far as you can!" Seretini, her hand still trembling, urged me to escape.

"Are you planning a cowardly hostage situation? I suppose so. Archangels like you are unbearably arrogant, daring to challenge divine will. But fear not, Mr. Hyun-woo. I won't let them harm you," Alencia reassured me, thinking Seretini held me as a hostage.

Though their intentions seemed genuine and protective, neither intended harm toward me. I wasn't being held as a hostage, nor was I some heretic destined for underground torture. 

Yet, their actions had sent me crashing into a wall, my head throbbing as though it might split open.

--Store Manager-

[By the way, Mr. Kim Hyun-woo, did you get ketchup on your head? What's with that red spot?]

“...uh?.”

I listened to the store manager’s message and reached up to touch my head. 

Warm liquid covered my fingers and obscured my vision. Examining it closely, I realized it was bright red blood, the result of being struck on the back of my head.

While not excruciatingly painful, it was undeniably surreal.

“Mr. Hyun-woo? The blood on your head–”

Suddenly, it dawned on me. I had been hurled with great force, colliding with the convenience store wall just like Seretini. 

However, unlike them, I was just an ordinary person, far from being unscathed. 

Thud! With that, I lost consciousness and fell to the floor.

Though a pitiful demise, it seemed preferable than being killed by a soda can. 

As I drifted into unconsciousness, a realization struck me: if given another chance at life, I must remember this moment. 

Even if I become the strongest human on Earth, I am no match for even the most insignificant extraterrestrial beings living in this universe. 

But at least, being the strongest human afforded me the privilege of witnessing the cosmic battles that tore apart planets.

For those who, like me, cherished the preciousness of ordinary human life, I implored them to flee. 

Otherwise, they too might meet a fate of being tossed around and ultimately slain.

*********

And so, why did I awaken to the familiar sight of the ceiling once more? 

Couldn't I have seen a different, unfamiliar ceiling like others do?

Could it be that I've died and woken up in a convenience store once more?

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[Why do I keep waking up in a convenience store even after dying twice?? What sin did I commit in my past life?? Just because I neglected to put away a soda once, do I have to work at a convenience store for eternity??]

-Store Manager-

[No, Mr. Kim Hyunwoo, you haven’t died yet.]

Amidst the despair of facing a reality more terrifying than any nightmare, a clear message from the store manager in my blurred vision reminded me that I was still living.

"Are you alright?"

"Are you still with us?"

"You're breathing, and we administered first aid promptly, so you're not dead..."

Moreover, the faces that were once prepared to engage in battle now peered down at me with genuine concern.

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[Darn... Ah, I can't talk right now; the pain is unbearable. That's why I'm resorting to messages to convey my thoughts. Please understand. Ah, darn…]

In my heart, I wanted to unleash a torrent of curses, but the pain rendered me speechless.

-Store Manager-

[Well, considering the state of your head, I'll let the cursing slide.]

Ah, suddenly, the thought of wanting to head home felt like bliss.

But, alas, today, I have to work overtime….

3