Verdict
302 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14: Verdict

"Well, Rei? What do you have to say for your actions?"

The Principal repeated but you maintained an uncaring attitude while answering casually as if there was nothing wrong with it.

"What do you want me to say? They deserved the beating."

Hearing what you said, the wounded students' parents flared up and started to slander you with insults but you didn't care. Instead, you looked at the wounded students with emotionless eyes that sent shivers down their spine.

It was as if you were silently telling them. 'Are you going to talk or should I?'

The students paled in fright. They knew they were in the wrong in the first place and if the principal found out the truth, they might get expelled instead. Still, they didn't say anything and stayed silent, it seems that they have already thought about it and that no one would believe you even if you did speak.

They were indeed right to think so. They are the majority. As long as they are all in agreement, the principal would believe them rather than the 2 kids.

You knew what they were thinking and sighed.

You faced the principal again and no longer talked. Anything you say will be used against you anyway and you also have no proof with you.

The principal fell silent, seemingly deliberating what to do with you two.

The principal frowned as he looked at the bandages on the students and to you who didn't have any trace of injury. His senses are telling him that what happened wasn't a normal fight. It was more of a one-sided beating!

But how did a 6-year-old beat a couple of 10-year-olds unscathed?

After thinking for a while, he turned back to the wounded students and asked.

"Tell me again what happened? Did he really beat you all up?"

"Y-yes...we were just hanging out when he...err, when they came and beat us up."

"Right! We didn't do anything to them at all!"

The principal sighed and turned to Andrew.

"And you? Anything you have to say?"

"They're lying! I was on my way home when I accidentally bumped into these guys! Then they pulled me away and started asking for money! When I said no, they started kicking me! It was thanks to Bo-...err, to Class Rep that I was saved!"

To prove his words, Andrew even lifted his shirt and revealed his own bruises.

Seeing this, you frowned.

"Didn't you patch it up yesterday?"

"E-err, I didn't want to worry about my parents so I didn't say..."

"Idiot! You should have it looked at or it will get worse! Go to the infirmary!"

"But now is..."

"Don't care about them, just go!"

"O-okay!"

Andrew nodded and quickly left the room as you ordered him. Anyway, there was no need for him to be here anymore as he already said his piece.

If the Principal still asked for him to stay despite seeing those bruises, then he is not a worthy principal at all.

The principal sighed and made his decision.

"Considering that both sides have received bruises. Both sides are at fault. All related students will be sent to detention for a week. Dismissed."

The parents and the older students grumbled but seeing the stern look on the principal made them unable to refuse. In the end, they all walked away.

Just as you were about to leave as well, the principal called you out.

"Rei, stay for a minute."

"...You said dismissed just earlier..."

"Cough, I need to talk to you privately."

You don't really want to so you sighed and stayed unwillingly.

Seeing your unwilling attitude, the principal sighed and cut to the chase.

"For you to be able to beat that many students older than you, it seems you are quite talented in combat. I want to offer you a chance to join the Combat department with a scholarship to further your training. Will you accept?"

Combat department. This is as its name suggests, a part of the school delegated for combat training.

Each school would normally have to departments. the Combat and Academic department. Since you've decided to be like your mother, you had asked to be enrolled in the Academic department instead.

Naturally, your answer to this is...

"No."

"Guh-! Instant rejection!?"

"..."

...Why is this scene so familiar...?

"W-well, don't be in a hurry to reject. With your talen-"

"No."

"Guh-!"

"..."

Feeling that this was his only reason why he called you out to stay, you turned around to leave.

"W-wait! Can you at least tell me why?"

So....the coin toss was a tie XD Dammit...well, I guess that means that I will do it depending on the votes and not all the time. Decided to do a trial in this chap and made a gag vote for your answer to the Principal. I will do a coin toss at the end and if it lands on tails, I will choose the least voted option! XD The coin-toss will be done in discord so some will see it for proof. If you wanna join my discord, click here https://discord.gg/K6H9wuC XD

Why?
  • No Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I don't like you Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I want to study Votes: 15 68.2%
  • I don't need training Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No reason Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Because the readers voted for it Votes: 10 45.5%
  • None of your business Votes: 2 9.1%
  • You're annoying Votes: 4 18.2%
Total voters: 22 · This poll was closed on Mar 12, 2020 06:51 PM.
10