Fight
298 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

13: Fight

Even if he thinks of you as an enemy, he's still just a kid in your eyes and your classmate as well. As the Class Representative, you can't possibly turn a blind eye to this.

You decided to intervene and help Andrew.

Still, despite having decided as such, you didn't go and announce your presence to them so easily by speaking out loud. Instead, you sneaked behind one of the older boys and kicked him between the groins!

First rule in fighting against people larger than you, aim for their weak spots!

The older student immediately groveled in pain. Surprised at the sudden attack, the other four students turned around but didn't see anyone.

Second rule in fighting against people larger than you, disappear in front of their eyes!

You crouched and lowered yourself to the ground and walked in their blind spots. Normally, this is hard for people to accomplish but you had an advantage that no other person has...the System!

Have you played games before where you could see an outline of your enemy's scope of vision? This was exactly what was happening to you at the moment.

Truth is, this was the first time you had seen this feature but you were familiar with it and understood what to do. It seemed this feature only showed itself when in 'Battle Mode' so to speak. The moment you had attacked the other student earlier, you were then engaged in 'Battle'.

The names of the older students went red and you could see their own HP bars above their heads. It felt weird to see the lives of people so clearly but you shrugged it off and focused on the matter at hand.

Having hidden from the enemy's vision, what's next is to attack.

You picked the student at the far left to be your second target and sent a kick to his knee. As soon as you did, a huge number [2] floated on the impact and disappeared.

You guessed that this number isn't damage but combo instead. To test it out, you picked a pebble and threw it towards another student and the number [3] appeared.

Interesting. You thought.

It seems the higher the combo, the more damage you give.

While you were thinking this, the older students finally noticed you and tried to attack.

When they did, there's this weird pausing on their movements as their hits were about to hit you.

This is...that, right? In some combat games, there would be lapses like these when the enemy is about to hit you which gives you plenty of time to hit a button and dodge...

Despite feeling a bit weird at experiencing this in real life, you still dodged nonetheless and countered.

A combo of [4] appeared and incapacitated the student. Looking at his HP, his life isn't really in danger so there was no need to worry.

Like this, it took only a bit over a minute to completely settle the older students.

Andrew watched and stared at you with his jaw on the ground and stars in his eyes.

Andrew's Favorability with you has risen(+50)

Current Favorability with Andrew: 30 (Respect)

F-fifty Favorability...in one go!?

"A-awesomeee!!! Bro! No, I'll call you Boss from now on! Please teach me how to fight!"

"..."

Your face twitched as you looked at Andrew trying to cling to your thigh. You wanted to refuse but didn't have the heart to when you see his glittery eyes.

Sighing, you decided to postpone this decision.

"What boss...I'm just the Class Rep! Let go of me!"

"I won't! I won't let go until you accept me Boss!"

"Fine, fine! I'll accept it if you reach the Top 10 in our grade!"

Hearing this, Andrew froze before finally letting go and accepting your challenge.

Suddenly, he seemed to have thought of something and quickly said.

"Then, boss! Help me study too!"

"Stop calling me boss! And why should I help you study!?"

"So I can reach the Top 10 and learn how to fight from you!"

"Like I said, why!?"

"Aren't you the Class Rep? It's your responsibility!"

"..."

Maybe this was a bad idea...

It was a waste of time to speak to this guy so you just decided to turn and walk away. Anyway, your parents are waiting for you, it's not good to let them wait too long.

As you walked away, Andrew hurriedly followed behind like a lackey and kept trying to convince you.

You ignored him and noticed something in the school building's windows on the 3rd floor as if you could sense someone watching you but by the time you turned to look, you could only see a faint strand of golden-hair...

After a while, you met up with your parents who were confused as to why there was another boy following you and kept calling you boss.

You explain to them what happened and they were both surprised to hear you able to take out older students on your own.

Your father laughed the loudest when he heard that.

"Hahaha! Truly my son! How about it, when you grow up, do you want to be like your daddy?"

"No."

Anyway, you decided to live studiously from now on. Whatever fighting is something that can be accomplished on the side. No use risking your life too much.

"Guh-!? Instant rejection!"

Your mother giggled and patted your head.

"Fufu, you protected a friend huh? Mother is proud~"

"W-well, it was no big deal..."

Slightly embarrassed at being patted and smiled warmly like this, you answered while rubbing your nose.

After driving home, eating dinner, and taking a bath, you finally went to sleep.

...

The next day.

Back to school where your parents dropped you off, you walked back to your room and sat on your desk while giving a polite nod to your quiet seatmate.

Classes were about to start when the speakers rang out and requested you to go to the principal's office along with Andrew. You knew that this was because of the fight yesterday so you calmly stand up and did as you were asked.

Saya seemed to be a bit worried about you so you gave her a smile and a nod to assure her. Lacie seemed to be the same as well so you nodded to her as well then walked with Andrew to the Principal's office.

On the way, Andrew kept fidgeting as he knew that they were in trouble.

"B-boss, what should we do? Are they going to expel us?"

"Don't worry, you didn't start the fight. I did."

"I-isn't that bad for you then!?"

You just shrugged and continued to walk.

Being a reincarnator, your heart and mind aren't like that of a normal kid. You weren't worried or scared about some School Principal.

Walking inside the Principal's office, you could see the older students present as well with bandages all over their bodies. These students shivered when your eyes glanced on them and none dared to look at you in the eye.

You could also see their parents here as well and were glaring at you angrily.

Behind the desk was a dark brown-haired middle-aged man with an expressionless face as he glanced at you. You also note that his right hand seemed to be made of metal and not flesh, signifying that he is a cyborg.

Cyborgs are actually plenty on this planet. Most of them being veteran soldiers or people who used to have defects. Looking at the build of the principal, he is most likely a retired soldier.

The cyborg principal spoke to you.

"Rei Collins. I presume you know why you're here?"

"Yes."

"...And what do you have to say for your actions?"

You paused and thought about your possible responses.

You can answer casually as if this had nothing to do with you as you maintain an uncaring attitude. You can also refute aggressively and claim that you did not start the fight. Or you impose on yourself and let the Principal know who's the real BOSS!

...

The last one may be a bit over the top though haha.

Response to Principal

EDIT: Okay, so the poll site takes in the vote of 'Other' as a single vote. Meaning, for everyone who added a new input there, 1 vote goes to 'Other'. If 'Other' wins, I will just make another vote with your input in the 'Other' on the next on XD I know it's too cumbersome but nothing I could do about it huhu. T_T


RESULT OF VOTES:

Answer casually and maintain an uncaring attitude - 14

Refute aggressively and defend yourself - 1

Be self-imposing and be the BOSS! - 3

Other - 4

  • I did my job as class rep. Defending my classmate, who was being beaten by a group of uppergraders. Tell me what i could have done in a 1 vs many scenario. Leaving for a teacher woulf only make it prone to accidents, while i only incapacitated them.
  • Make a military like report, show how you had to defend an inocent
  • You could answer (with righteousness)telling them how bad is not only bulling but to also pick up on a younger child
  • Somewhere b/w choice 1 and 2: be ernest in explaining but don't defend yourself too aggressively
Tough choice hmm? But, now you can also add your own input in the vote! Multiple votes are activated as well so start voting!

On another note, someone gave me an idea to...further spice things up. Basically, for every vote, I will perform a coin toss in the discord server. If Heads, I will choose the most voted answer. If tails, I will choose the LEAST voted answer. What do you all think? Try it? Haha.

Do the coin toss or no?
  • DO IT! Make things more unpredictable! lol Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Noooo! Votes: 8 50.0%
Total voters: 16 · This poll was closed on Mar 11, 2020 04:56 PM.
8