Thousand Chance Umbrella
276 8 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

25: Thousand Chance Umbrella

You recalled a novel that you used to read in the past called King's Avatar. In that story, the main character had used an umbrella that could change into sword, gun, lance, etc. This was called the Thousand Chance Umbrella!

Feeling that this might be interesting, you decided to turn it into reality and build the Thousand Chance Umbrella.

Granted, there is already this weapon in the System's Store, but if you can make one yourself, there will be no need to waste points on it. Not to mention, you don't need to make an exact replica. Just the idea itself is fine.

Even the Child Emperor had a backpack that can fit various machines so it was easy to make an umbrella with the same idea. You can even make a better version!

Excited at the thought, you started to tinker away while Lacie played with the puppy AI Lei.

After some time, you got tired and took a break. The umbrella is still a work in progress and you reckon it might take a week to complete it.

When the two of you left the workshop, your parents saw the puppy on Lacie's shoulder and was surprised.

"Rei, did you make that?"

"Yeah."

"That's amazing! You really take after your mother huh!?"

Your mother's face was all smiles as she grabbed you and stroked your hair.

On the other hand, your father looked at the robot puppy with his hand on his chin, seemingly in deep thought.

"Hey, son. What can it do?"

"Hm? I programmed an AI to take over it. The AI has the capability to learn based on what he can see and what you teach him. Naturally, there are some restrictions placed to prevent it from taking over the world."

Yep, it will be troublesome if Lei became Ultron after all...

"Other than that, the camera in its eyes can record and if you command it to. It can also tap to your Mind Chip if you grant it permission and can send the images or videos that you ask it to take. It can even send messages for you and a bunch of other things. I designed its form with great mobility and durability in mind. It won't have trouble traversing any kind of terrain and there are also small jet propulsions on its back and feet to allow it to fly or make a huge leap. It's powered by a small reactor so it would have no problem surviving for about...100 years or so."

"Arf! My Creator is indeed amazing!"

Hearing about your explanation and Lei agreeing, both your parents stared at each other in shock.

Your mother seemed to know what her husband was thinking as she spoke.

"Hon, don't tell me you think..."

"Un! This is just what we need! Man, I thought it would still take a few years to develop a compact surveillance equipment but this..."

Listening to them speak, you understood what they wanted but was also confused.

Hm? This world doesn't have such things? It can't be that your mother didn't think to make this stuff?

"Mom, can't you just make one?"

"Ha...haha...indeed I can make one. After seeing this, I already understood most of how it works...except for the power supply."

"Then how come dad said it will still take years?"

"Err, how to say this...we certainly didn't think of making it in this form..."

"..."

It seems the previous models that your mother made was some kind of device that still needed to be installed manually or small drones. The problem with the small drones was that it didn't have great maneuverability and it cannot last more than a day due to power consumption and inability to store more power on it due to its size. They tried having it charged by solar power but that can only prolong it for a few days. After some time, the backup power will be depleted and it will be useless at night.

The key point is the reactor that you mentioned.

It wasn't shown in the manga and anime what the power source that Child Emperor uses to power his machines but given his capability, it should be no problem for him to make a reactor similar to Tony Stark's arc reactor.

Looking at the lustful eyes of your parents while staring at Lei, you sighed and handed them the blueprints of it.

As soon as your mother looked at it, she started nodding.

"I see...so that's how it works! Genius! If I use this as my new power supply, all those designs I drafted can be turned to reality!"

At the side, Lacie stared at them and tilted her head.

"I don't really get it but Rei is amazing!"

"..."

Time passed and it was already dinner time. You practically had to tear your mother away from the blueprint to get her to start cooking...

After dinner, your mother suddenly asked Lacie.

"Lacie, how about staying for the night? We'll explain to your parents!"

"Eh? I can!? Really!?"

"Of course! Why not? You can sleep together with Rei! It's okay with Rei too, right?"

"..."

...Why does that phrase sound so wrong...

Well, there you have it. The second gadget!

Also, I don't know much about science stuff and there's a high chance I'm wrong with what I put here too but I don't care! This is fiction! XD

I made it so that even though this is a Sci-Fi world, it is still lacking in a few areas such as power supply and such. Man, it would've been easier if you all chose to go with the military route! I would just need to develop weapons instead! XD

The vote this time is...well, pretty obvious. Still, just wanted to see how many will choose yes and no XD Also, I needed to end the chap here lol.

Also, no kinky stuff happening here! Just normal kids having a sleepover! XD

What would you say?
  • Sure! Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No! Votes: 7 25.9%
Total voters: 27 · This poll was closed on Mar 31, 2020 06:42 PM.
8