New Quest
251 10 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

26: New Quest

That night, Lacie arrived at your room for a sleepover.

As expected, nothing really happened. After all, you are both just 6 years old. Other than Lacie clinging to you tightly, the two of you slept like a log.

The next day, you started working on the umbrella again and managed to complete it partially. The other components will still take some time but now, it at least has some functions.

First of all, it can work as its name suggests. An umbrella.

The umbrella doesn't work like normal umbrellas from your previous world where you have to pull it up to spread the cover. Your Thousand Chance Umbrella is really just a short pole, only a bit shorter than your current height. It can even be considered as a walking stick.

There is a touch sensor a bit over the handle. When you place your thumb on it, it will show a circular holo display around the handle where you can choose the mode by swiping your thumb slightly.

Switching to Umbrella Mode, a dome-shaped force field formed at the other end of the pole. You can even control the output and turn it into a whole sphere that envelops you if you wanted. Not only does this act as a real umbrella that guards against rain and UV rays from the sun, it is also a shield that can withstand a rocket launcher.

Next is the Gun Mode. Guns in this world had long surpassed the use of bullets and had moved to energy-based projectiles. Meaning, laser guns.

 Naturally, your Gun Mode is the same. After switching to Gun Mode, a trigger appears on the handle which you can use to shoot. Of course, the barrel is the pole itself and the other end is the muzzle. The Gun Mode also has various sub-modes. Rifle, Shotgun, Grenade, and Plasma Beam sub-modes.

The Rifle sub-mode acts like a normal rifle. There's even a targeting system that appears in your vision via the Mind Chip for aim assistance. The Shotgun sub-mode is a spread-shot type laser gun that covers a wider area of effect in close range. The Grenade sub-mode is where the laser projectiles shot appears in a condensed orb-like shape that explodes upon impact. Lastly is the Plasma Beam sub-mode which is...really just a charged up energy beam.

Moving on, the next mode is the Sword Mode. In this mode, the pole splits into half and creates energy blades on each piece. Two sword style Lightsaber basically.

You can connect the ends of the handles and create a double-bladed lightsaber.

Next is the spear mode. Connecting the two swords to form a pole again, a short energy blade appears on the top end to form the spear blade.

There is also a nunchuck mode where the pole splits again but this time, they are connected by a visible and touchable magnetic energy that between them that acts like a chain.

There are other forms of weapons too. Scythe, Lance, Tonfas, Hammer, Axe...it's also possible to combine modes like Umbrella + Gun or Gun + Blade.

It's still incomplete though. You feel as if you can put more functions into this weapon in the future. Granted, most of them may be useless or redundant...but still, it's pretty fun to do it.

Maybe you can even implement magic on it in the future too, who knows.

Satisfied with your work, you walked Lacie home while holding the Thousand Chance Umbrella over your shoulder.

When your parents saw what you were holding, they were both confused.

"Son, what's that? You made something again?"

"Yep! An umbrella!"

"O-ohh...well, be careful okay?"

"Un!"

Yep, they didn't know that you actually held an arsenal of weapons in your hands...

The disguise is pretty good. No one doubted it too as it looked similar to normal umbrellas these days. Of course, they felt the sight of the long pole was a bit weird considering normal umbrellas now are pocket-sized but after hearing that it was made by you, they simply giggled and patted you in the head thinking that it was already good that a kid was able to make an umbrella on his own but not too surprising.

What was more amazing was that you actually managed to complete the Tech Geek Side Quest as well. It seems the System has judged that your Thousand Chance Umbrella was actually multiple gadgets.

You gained 200 EXP and 500 O-Points which made you level up again. Currently, your status is:

Status
Name Rei Collins    
Level 3 EXP 100/300
HP (Health Points) 350/350 SP (Spirit Points) 400/400
O-Points 1300    
VIT 5 INT 10
ATK 7 DEF 5
SPD 6 AGI 6
DEX 6 LUK 10
Stat Points (Allocatable) 5    

You weren't in a hurry to add the stat points or roll a 10-times Gacha in the Shop yet. Instead,  you started to think about which Side Quest was good to accept.

The quests available are:

QUEST
[MAIN QUEST] <CHAIN QUEST> I am Number 1! (0/10) - Become the Top Student in Grade 1. (0/1)
[SIDE QUEST] Hero - Save a damsel in distress. (0/1) Accept Reject
[SIDE QUEST] Vigilante - Beat up 10 bad guys secretly. (0/10) Accept Reject
[SIDE QUEST] Pet Lover - Gain at least 10 pets. (0/10) Accept Reject

Quest 3

7