Chapter Nine, Part Two
388 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


 

“Mmmmm…” Hal’s eyes twitched open to reveal the same rural hospital as before. His body was healed, but a phantom ache tingled under his skin. “Still, it was worth it!”

 

A smile twitched at his lips as Hal jumped from the bed and out the window. He had more information on the transition between mortal and divine ki, and a free zenkai boost thanks to his Saiyan bloodline.

 

“I really need to get Bulma and her father to create a power level sensor for me,” He could estimate by comparing himself to his enemies, but he’d rather have a solid number. His symbiote could absorb the technology and copy its functions for ease of use. “But once I finally visit Yardrat, I won’t really need one.”

 

First he needed to visit Goku. He had two refined Fruit of Might in his storage, one for his younger brother and one for Launch. He also wanted to spend some time with Mr. Popo. If the strange Geni was capable of using god ki, he should be able to learn the kio-ken. Popo could impart the technique to all who trained in the lookout and save King Kai some work.

 

“Once I’ve finished my errands on Earth, I’ll continue the hunt for King Cold and his final son,” Hal streaked over the clouds, course set for the Lookout. “I should also pop back to New-Krypton and see how Ran is doing…”

 


 

 

“Cooler is dead…” the data-pad that held the report shattered under his grip, a rumble of power that shook his fortress and the world beyond. “First Slug disappeared and now one of my own sons has fallen… how can we know NOTHING about the attackers?”

 

“My apologies King Cold,” a fearful member of his guard bowed low, sweat on his brow as he struggled to stand under the pressure of King Cold’s ki. “We have sent out scouting parties, but the murderer has left no trace at all…”

 

“Send a summons to Frieza,” King Cold’s fists tightened. Both his sons had surpassed him in strength, if Cooler was defeated… “We must gather together to deal with this unknown assailant.”

 


 

 

“A power level sensor?” Dr. Brief pushed his glasses up his nose and glanced about his expansive laboratory. “I think I have something like that lying around, I put it together while I was tinkering with the sensor technology you let me look at…”

 

The Doctor rummaged about, elbow deep in electronics. Hal smiled as a deluge of metal tumbled to the floor, followed by a cry of triumph as Dr. Brief held up a small, handheld device.

 

“Here it is! Its range and durability are limited, but you can take this while I work on a more advanced design,” Dr. Brief handed Hal the scanner and smiled. “Do you have any more technology I could take a look at? I’ve pretty much finished my analysis of everything I’ve seen so far…”

 

The door opened behind them and Bulma darted into the lab, face filled with curiosity as she curled around Hal’s changed body. She reached out for his tail, a failed attempt as he twitched it away and wrapped it around his waist like a belt.

 

“Mom said you had a tail now, but she didn’t say that your hair was different as well!” Bulma stood on her tiptoes and squinted at his near-white Saiyan spikes. “Also, how did you get so tall? It’s like you sprouted up overnight!”

 

“Let’s just say that I awakened a latent Saiyan bloodline,” Hal poked Bulma on the nose and shrugged. “All Saiyans mature very quickly, once they reach a certain age.”

 

Hal slipped his key from his belt and inserted it into the air. A twist summoned a doorway to New-Krypton, into the lab with SCP-914. He pushed the wooden portal open and waved to the pair of startled scientists.

 

“You’re both welcome to visit my base, there are a few pieces of technology that I’d like the two of you to look at,” Hal stepped through and held open the door as he waved the Briefs through. “Some of them are so far beyond what I’ve shown you, I can’t even begin to guess at how they work!”

 


 

 

“I still can’t believe how far beyond us Hal has gone…” Goku lay back on the Lookout tiles, a deep thrum of power under his skin. The crystal-blue fruit his brother gave him and Launch had raised his power to a whole new level, yet he couldn’t lay a hand on him. “How are we ever going to catch up?”

 

“Why don’t we ask Kami about going to Namek to train, once Mr. Popo has taught us the kio-ken technique that Hal brought?” Launch poked at the despondent Saiyan with her toe. “Hal said that the Grand Elder there can unlock our potential, it might help you close the gap.”

 

Goku sprang to his feet, fire in his eyes. He faced Launch and grabbed her hands in his, unconcerned as her cheeks blushed the faintest pink. He spun her around, both their feet lifted from the ground as he floated into the air.

 

“You’re right!” Goku beamed his closest friend with a grin and pulled her toward the Lookout. “The only solution is to train harder and find stronger Masters to show us the way!”

 


 

 

“This machine is incredible…” Dr. Brief held the refined power level sensor up to the light, eyes brighter than twinned stars. “This device has been maximised… I couldn’t have done better without a year's effort!”

 

“SCP-914 is the most advanced piece of tech in this base, and the most dangerous,” Hal pointed to the ‘Very Fine’ setting and shook his head. “Anything created on very fine is extremely unpredictable, even deadly… what’s more, the machine can switch its setting on its own.”

 

“Father, I was born from ‘Very Fine,’ a soft voice echoed from the emerald-wooden wall as a small boy took shape from the flesh of the living tree. Less than four feet tall and dressed in armour made from leaves, he stared up at Hal with rounded eyes. “Does that make me unpredictable and deadly?”

 

“He’s adorable!!!” Bulma raced forward, scooped Sil’s avatar into her arms and spun him around. She stopped mid way, eyes wide as she turned back to Hal. “...did he just call you Father?”

 

“Sil here was born when the machine switched itself to ‘Very Fine,’ as was his older sister,” Hal gestured to Ran, who was still locked into her meditation. “And yes, Sil, you are unpredictable and dangerous, but you’re also a part of our family.”

 

“Oh,” Sil nodded from within Bulma’s clutches, unconcerned as the girl pinched at his emerald-tinted cheeks. “That’s ok then!”

 

“Have you considered running the capsule ship through the machine?” Dr. Brief walked closer to the estranged child and handed the power scanner over to Hal. Glasses raised to his forehead, he leaned close to Sil’s face and poked at his nose. “If you do, I can potentially upgrade it even further once I've understood the improvements.”

 

Hal nodded and handed over the capsule to the Doctor. He would let the Briefs play around with SCP-914 on its safer settings, while he used one of the Fortresses scoutcraft to hop about the universe. With Jor-EL’s help, they could overhaul and upgrade all of Krypton’s technology.

 

“You’re welcome to experiment for yourself, but nothing can be run through on very fine unless I’m here to supervise,” Hal turned to Sil and rubbed the top of his tiny head. “Sil, you need to make sure the Clockwork stays set to the right setting, listen to Dr. Brief and help keep everyone safe, ok?”

 

“Ok, Father!” Sil beamed up at Hal from Bulma’s arms. “I’ll protect our friends and home while you’re away!”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 13,500,000 (135 million with symbiote armour enhancement, 270 million with symbiote transformation, Max kio-ken: 100x)

Goku: 2,000,000 after the refined fruit

Launch: 1,450,000 after the refined fruit (4,300,000 after blond transformation)

21