Chapter 3
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ian walked into the living room and saw that he was the last one to arrive, but he didn’t care. He stopped beside his father and bowed. “Good morning, dad.”

Brian nodded his head and Ian took his seat on his father’s right side and looked at his stepmother. He smiled at her and asked, “Did you have a good night’s rest, mother?”

She nodded. “Yes, what about you?”

Tiana looked at him and chimed in from beside her mother, “He was in the kitchen drinking honey milk again. How many times has it been this month?”

Ian looked at Tiana and smirked. “Did you do all your homework? I heard you are failing two subjects.”

Brian ignored them until he heard that. He looked over at his daughter and asked, “What is this about?”

Tiana froze and dreaded opening her mouth.

The three other boys at the table looked at Ian. Although they didn’t like him because of their mother’s influence, they knew better.

Ian was their big brother, but he seemed more like an untouchable being in their home. He was mysterious and cold, who hid behind a smile. Apart from knowing the basic information about him and that he was the heir to their father’s legacy.

Arian would be the next in line if something happened to Ian. He was seventeen, eighteen in a few months, and was heading to London next year to study. He wanted to make his father proud, just like Ian did, but he was just born late.

Ten years too late.

Tiffany glared at Ian, wanting to berate him, but she had other plans. She was digging deep; Tiffany wanted to know all his weaknesses and although she’s been living in this house for twenty years and watched Ian grow; she wasn’t the one who raised him; he had Lilith guarding him–trying to get rid of her was tough, but she was getting close.

“Your daughter is struggling with French and sciences,” Tiffany said.

He raised a brow, asking, “How bad is it?”

The question was directed at Tiana, but her mother answered, “I was going to speak to you about it. I’m thinking of having her switch subjects. I’ve spoken to the school already and they’ve agreed to do it.”

Brian glared at his wife but said nothing.

Ian smirked. He looked at his sister and said, “Nonsense, we’re Park’s and we’re known for pushing forward.”

He turned to his father and said, “If she’s struggling, we should hire someone who can tutor her.”

Brian agreed with him. He looked at his wife and said, “Ian is right. Find someone who can teach her and I want excellent results. I’ll also send Secretary Jung to the school to find out what’s distracting her.”

“Father, nothing is distracting me. I just don’t understand anything,” she said as she began to panic.

Her eyes drifted to Ian and saw that he was minding his business after starting this mess.

*

“Ma, I’m going to work now,” Ian said, knocking on her bedroom door.

Lilith was busy drying her hair. From seven in the morning until eleven, was her time off. That’s why she was in her room now.

Lilith stood up and took out something from her apron’s pocket. She walked over to the table that had a water bottle waiting. She handed him the capsule pill and bottle, asking, “How was breakfast? I made your favourite.”

He threw the pill in his mouth and swallowed the water. He nodded his head, handing the bottle back to her and said, “Yes. I caused some trouble. Tiana needs to learn her place in this house.”

She fixed the grey coat he had on, saying, “And I think it’s time my son moves out, mn? Being around so many children is making my mature young master turn into a child.”

He scoffed. “I would be more than happy to leave. Will you talk to my father for me? But please no security cameras. I’m thinking of sleeping around and I don’t want him to find out.”

She gasped and hit him on the head.

Rubbing his head, he said, “I’ll be on my way now. See you when I get home?”

Pointing her finger at him, she said, “This nonsense stops now. You are NOT too old for a spanking.”

He shook his butt and ran out when she threw the bottle at the door, purposely missing him. She chuckled and shook her head, amused. ‘That idiot.’

I almost forgot to update!

0