Ch. 7 “The death of peace of mind” (part 1)
94 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyra entered the room without making even the slightest noise. It was a skill that she acquired and perfected through almost a decade of working as a maid.

To be invisible. To be unnoticeable.

This was the creed of the maids in the Golden Palace, and given her natural ability to blend in with her surroundings as an average and uninteresting being, it was something that she excelled at.

— Good morning~ — Xuelan’s cheerful voice broke her out of her thoughts.

She was sitting by the table, looking through a small pile of documents.

The past couple of days that she served the Dragon Princess, this is how their mornings usually started.

For Kyra, who was accustomed to having to resort to trickery and deception to get Princess Oriana out of bed before noon, having Xuelan up before she even came was difficult to get used to.

— Is everything alright? — the Dragon Princess asked, seeing how Kyra wasn’t saying anything.

— Yes, everything is fine. I was just thinking how new to me it is, not having to battle my mistress to get her to wake up in the morning.

A glint of worry showed in Xuelan’s eyes.

— Do you regret being here? Would you prefer to go back to working with Oriana?

Kyra instantly shook her head, afraid that the Dragon Princess must have misunderstood.

— Not at all! It feels a bit weird not being around her all the time, but… — she paused. A blush bloomed on her freckled face. — I am glad to have a chance to get to know you better. — she blurted.

Hearing her words, Xuelan relaxed. For a moment, she was afraid that she went too far, and imposed her own selfish desires upon this girl.

— I’ll be in your care then. — she said while interlocking her fingers with Kyra’s — And if you get fed up with me, just let me know. I will back off.

Kyra couldn’t even think of anything that would make her get fed up with Lin Xuelan. If anything, she felt like the more she was with her, the more of her she wanted.

— I don’t think it’s possible for me to feel that way about you, Your Imperial Highness.

The Dragon Princess clicked her tongue after being addressed in such a formal way again. Although, she had to admit that she was hearing it less and less in the recent days, so she decided to let it slide this time.

— I will do my best to keep it that way. In the meantime, I want to know more about you too.

— You can ask me anything you want, though, there isn’t much to talk about.

A sparkle lit up in Xuelan’s eyes.

— Anything?

— Anything.

— Then let’s start with something simple. When is your birthday?

Kyra laughed hearing the question. Seeing the sudden gleam in her eyes, she was certain that it was going to be something much less… innocent.

— It’s on the fourteenth day of the seventh month.

Truth was, it wasn’t her real birth date. Since her parents had never bothered to celebrate during the short period that she lived with them, she never knew when was she born.

The date she told Lin Xuelan, was the one that she picked herself. It was the day when she met Valeria, when her life had really started.

— Perfect! I was worried that it passed already! — The Dragon Princess clasped her hands with a beaming smile on her face. — I need to start thinking about a gift for you, otherwise I might not make it in time.

— There’s no need to trouble yourself. It’s already enough that you’re treating me so well…

— It’s not enough. — Lin Xuelan got closer to her — I want to treat you even better. I want to shower you with gifts. I want to spoil you. I want to give you everything you want. I want to… — she raised the girl’s chin and brushed her thumb against her lips.

It was like last time.

Kyra’s mind went blank and her body moved on its own, lured by the sweet scent of Xuelan’s body.

At first, the kiss was gentle, full of tenderness and shyness.

A soft touch.

A question.

An offering.

Then came the answer.

Passionate.

Insatiable desire.

Hunger for more.

Kyra wrapped her arms around Xuelan’s neck, pulling her even closer.

The fire in her heart started spreading all over her body, burning every thought, every bit of worry and every whisper of reason, leaving nothing but the addicting taste of Xuelan’s lips, and the bewitching warmth of her body.

Sensing the urging in Kyra’s moves, she pinned her against the wall, deepening the kiss.

She could feel the control over her own desires slipping away with every second.

Her hands wandered hungrily all over her body.

Kyra wanted her, and she wanted Kyra just as much.

— Your Imperial Highness, breakfast is ready. Her Majesty the Queen is waiting in the dining room. — a voice sounded from behind the locked door to Xuelan’s room, interrupting the passionate moment between them — I also have a message from His Majesty, Emperor Lin. He wants to know if you could join him for an afternoon tea.

Without releasing Kyra from her embrace, Xuelan waited for her breathing and her heart to calm down.

— Thank you. I will be there shortly. You can also tell my father that I accept his invitation. — she answered, once certain that her voice would sound natural.

— As you wish, Your Imperial Highness. — the maid answered, and quick footsteps echoed in the hallway.

A few seconds later, the complete silence informed them that yet again, there was nobody else in the vicinity.

Having some time to cool down, the reality of what had just happened started sinking in.

In that very moment, Kyra wished for nothing more than for the ground to open up and swallow her whole.

She started preparing a lengthy apology, and assurance that she won’t go anywhere near Xuelan ever again, but the second she tried saying anything, another kiss interrupted her.

This time, it was much more collected and restrained, but equally irresistible.

— Well, it looks like we will have to continue another time. — said the Dragon Princess coquettishly, while pulling away against her own body’s wishes. More than anything else, she wanted to make that moment between Kyra and her last even a little bit longer.

Sadly, her responsibilities didn’t seem willing to wait for her.

One more time, she pulled the girl into her embrace.

— In case you still have any doubts, I don’t regret it. I wanted it too. — she whispered right into her ear.

Kyra couldn’t fully comprehend what was happening. All she could do was to trust the mesmerizing voice and the beautiful words that it was telling her.

Happy Monday! :D

6