Chapter 1
89 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oppa! He is your son too,” Scarlett said.

Jackson sighed. He looked at his son in Scarlett’s arms and narrowed his eyes. He closed them and thought of all the memories they had together and shook his head. “No Scarlett, enough is enough. We’ve been together all our lives. It’s time to move on.”

“How can you say that? Did I get myself pregnant? Wasn’t it you who said we must get together and leave the orphanage?” She asked.

“Just stop. You know I don’t love you anymore,” he said, annoyed. He wanted to end this conversation, but she kept wouldn’t let up.

Scarlett scoffed. “You’re only saying this because you’re drunk. You know what? Drink all you want. When you’re done fooling around, come find me. I’ll pretend you said nothing.”

Slamming the door behind them, Scarlett wiped her tears away and hugged her son. “It’s okay, love, your daddy didn’t mean what he said.”

She made her way to the nearest convenience store to get them something to eat, even though she had just gotten dinner done. Placing him down, she picked up a basket, saying, “Let’s find you something warm to eat.”

Her son looked up at her confused, he was wearing a panda onesie, and walked off after her.

As his mother was shopping, he noticed something that caught his attention and went down a different aisle.

“Don’t go too far, Noah,” she warned him.

“Yes~,” he answered, making his way to what he wanted.

As she was packing things into her basket, a woman dressed in all black walked down the same aisle as Noah.

She looked at the toddler, then looked around and didn’t see anyone. Stopping beside him, she looked at the things on the shelf and heard, “Momma, can I have this?”

She looked down at Noah and looked at the pudding cup in his hands. Looking at him, she scoffed, “Am I your mother?”

They stared at each other for a while, then she grabbed the pudding cup out of his hands, frightening him.

Noah ran off to his mother and hugged her leg and looked behind him, but didn’t see anyone. 

Looking down at her son, she asked, “What? Do you want anything?”

He shook his head. “Momma, I’m hungry. Can we go home now?”

She nodded her head, “Mn, we’ll go home later. We’ll eat here first, okay?”

He nodded his head and forgot about the woman who scared him.

When they got to the register to pay, she paid using his father’s card, then dropped him off at the table while she went to make the ramen and warm up the rice and meats she chose.

The woman in black walked up to him and sat down on the chair beside him. She looked down at Noah, then placed four pudding cups on the table in front of him, saying, “Don’t annoy me the next time you see me. Got it kid?”

“Thank you, aunty,” he said as she got up.

The woman looked down at him, watching him rip open one of the pudding cups, but all he could do was try. Helping him as she asked, “Aunty? Are you kidding me?”

“Then who?” He asked with a smirk.

She thought about it, then said, “Kaia.”

He bowed his head, “Thank you aunty Kaia.”

She smirked at him and walked out of the shop with the things she bought.

Scarlett came over with her hands burning and placed the bowls down and rubbed her hands. She looked at her son and her eyes widened. “Noah, you can’t eat that. Momma didn’t pay for it.”

She took the cups and was about to put them back on the shelf when the person at the register said, “Those were already paid for, miss.”

“By who?” She asked, confused.

He shook his head. “I don’t know. The lady in black knew your kid.”

“What?” She gasped and felt a chill go up her spine.

Walking over to Noah, she asked, “Love, who bought this for you?”

“Aunty did,” he answered as he started eating.

“Which aunty?” She asked, but he never answered her.

Scarlett walked out of the store and looked around. She saw a woman in all black standing beside a tree talking on the phone. She popped her head into the store saying, “Watch the kid for me please, just for five minutes.”

She rushed out before the man could answer her. He looked at Noah, who was eating, and sighed, thinking, ‘He doesn’t look like he is going anywhere.’

Stopping beside the woman, who seemed to be in a heated conversation, she asked, “Do you know my child?”

“What?” Kaia asked, placing the phone on her shoulder.

“I asked, do you know my child? Why would you buy him something when you don’t know him?” She questioned.

Kaia looked at Scarlett, confused, then remembered the child in the store and said on the phone, “Look, I’ll call you later.”

Putting her phone away, she said, “The kid? He looked like he really wanted it, so I bought it. Is there a problem?”

“Yes, there is. I have money so I would have bought it. We don’t need your charity,” she said and took out money. Holding it in front of her, she said, “Take it.”

Kaia chuckled. She grabbed the back of Scarlett’s neck and pulled her forward. She crashed their lips together and shoved her tongue so deep inside Scarlett’s mouth, taking her by surprise.

The money in her hand dropped to the ground, then she grabbed Kaia’s shoulders and pushed her away. She was out of breath and looked at the smirk on Kaia’s face in shock.

“It’s not charity idiot and next time, just say thank you,” she said and walked away.

Scarlett looked at her, confused until she disappeared.

She turned back to the convenience store and saw her son and the worker staring at her and she felt so embarrassed.

She walked up to them and took her son, then they went inside. The man looked at Scarlett confused, how could there be someone like her in his store?

Scarlett could feel the man was looking at her as he said, “Please leave.”

“Why?” She asked.

“Momma, why did Aunty Kaia kiss you?” He asked.

Scarlett looked down at her son, confused, then realised that this was what the man was talking about. She looked back at him and said, “Just get back to your work and don’t disturb us.”

As she fed Noah, her mind kept wandering off to Kaia.

“Kaia?” She repeated.

Noah looked at his mother, then looked behind him, but saw no one. “Aunty Kaia is nice. She bought me so many and I only wanted one.”

Scarlett raised a brow, “What were you doing when aunty Kaia bought this for you?”

“I don’t know,” he answered.

She nodded her head and thought back to her boyfriend. Looking at their son, she thought, ‘I wonder is he in his right mind yet?’

She thought back to all the cans of beer she saw on the floor and shook her head. ‘How could he do this to us?’

‘What did I do wrong?’

‘We’ve always been together.’

‘Is he tired of me?’

“Momma, don’t cry,” Noah said and wiped her tears.

Looking at him, she saw his tears were falling too and said, “Look at our Noah, you’re getting so big. You’re taking care of momma now.”

He smiled at her, “Yes!”

Next Chapter 08/01/2024

3