Sharing is caring
585 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“moving on from that, since you’ll be my knight, I thought it would best if you we know each other better, what do you think?”

“I was thinking the same too”

“Excellent then let’s proceed”

“Before that”

Arthur stood up and walked towards the door his brows were furrowed as he did, opened it, and the maids that had left the room stood at the corridor near the door. A look of surprise marred their faces as Arthur looked straight at them and caught them in the act.

“excuse me ladies, I apologize for disturbing your conversation but the princess wishes for all of you to go fetch her some flowers from the garden, each of you is to bring a different kind of flower here”

“apologies my lord, but to do that would mean abandoning our duties to the princess, we need to be always on Standby”

“Oh so you’re disobeying the princess’ order?” 

He asked, his voice deepening as he did. The maids found themselves feeling a small amount of presence from him.

“Oh no it’s—”

“Then there should be no problem with following that order? Right, not unless you don’t want to, then we’d have to do something about that”

His glare left them frozen and unable to speak, his imposing figure seemed to get taller and they trembled before him, it was like they were standing before a great demon king and refusing to do as he says meant death. Renner behind him suddenly had shivers run down her spine, a feeling of fear that had been foreign to her, making itself known to her heart.

“N—no”

One of them squeaked out a response as it had suddenly become very difficult to breathe, the act of speaking itself had become Arduous, Arthur’s presence was suffocating them and reminded them how insignificant they were.

“good, now run along”

The maids quickly scampered and fled from Arthur at top speeds, and none of them dared to look back, lest they be killed.

Arthur closed the door with a relieved sigh and turned back to face Princess Renner, he was unsure if they were actually spying and listening in on their conversation but better safe than sorry, plus he does remember that a majority of the maids that served Renner were spies sent by various other nobles, so he needed them to be away for a few minutes, unfortunately he inadvertently scared them so much that he would never see them in the castle again. Although he was unaware of this.

“are you Alright your highness?”

He asked the princess, who seemed to have been stunned in shock. What she had just witnessed was definitely a first for her. As a princess, she hardly meets people who inspire such fear in her. Hearing him address her took her out of the shock

“Oh yes I’m fine, I was just lost in thought”

“Oh I see. Then let’s begin our conversation. I have something to share if our relationship is going to be one of trust”

Trust cannot exist if one isn’t truthful, was something he heard somewhere doesn’t remember where but he thought it was a good phrase, building a relationship out of lies wasn’t ideal because that meant said relationship is fragile and can be easily torn apart as such if he wants to have any from relationship with anyone being Honest and sincere is the way to go, of course he didn’t plan to tell her everything, as that might give her existential dread plus it would be unnecessary.

“Oh do you have a secret you want to share?”

She asked, with a smile on her face, however her mind was racing, although it wasn’t directed at her she still felt it, it was sudden and surprising, it felt like his mere presence was something to be feared, she nearly jumped away.

‘What in the gods name was that’

She remained composed and poised, if anything this only further proved that she can place her bets on Arthur, he was certainly powerful, she smiled this time genuinely, she hit the fucking jackpot. No one has ever made her feel such level of fear before even when her brother Barbro had threatened to slap her she never felt afraid, the smile spread wide, she’ll never allow such power to be taken from her.

“Princess are you alright?”

She was smiling a bit creepily for some reason it made him remember that scene where her true face was revealed further proving she was a psycho but he didn’t hate that, in fact he quite liked it, a grin barely showed itself on his face.

“Oh yes I’m fine, I asked if you had any secrets to share, since you chased away those maids?”

She quickly returned to her usual innocent smile, she was careless and let her true face show, but then again they’ll be divulging each other’s secret so it should be fine and He didn’t seem to be put off by 

it.

“Yes I do.”

He answered with his gaze directed at her, truthfully he wasn’t much of a liar and the idea of having to constantly lie to everyone around him seem too tiring and will be very damaging to his future relationship with other people, there is also the fact that there’ll never be anyone who could understand him because everyone would think they knew a lot about him but everything they knew would be a lie. He will be living in this world for quite possibly forever so it is important to create a somewhat meaningful relationship with someone.

Seeing the look of resolution in his eyes, Renner became curious, of course she figures he had a some secrets, everyone has them but she did not think she would be hearing them so soon.

“My name is Arthur Pendragon..”

“Yes I’m already aware of that”

Renner quirked a brow in curiosity, why would he repeat his name to her, that was something she already knew, or did he plan to introduce himself fully before telling her the secrets he wants to tell? She looked at him and patiently waited for him to continue.

Arthur on the other hand, hid his shocked expression behind a stoic poker face, he had tried to say his name from earth, the one he had used throughout his entire life before dying but for some reason, Arthur Pendragon is what came out.

‘My name is.. Arthur Pendragon, what?!!’

He attempted to speak his name in within his own head but he could not, this was certainly quite bizarre, he knew what his name was back on earth but for some reason he could not speak it or think, it was like something was insisting that he was Arthur Pendragon and he had no other identity.

‘Mhm this might actually be useful

40