Chapter 134
1.6k 13 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The loud explosion was a sign that the military was taking a step up in their action. Jason stared at the far distance, he of all people knew the uselessness of a tank, but the fact was, Ryan was a cool-headed guy, if that man started using the tank then it definitely meant something.

 

They started using the tank, I can only assume that the situation turns to worsen. Better get my ass over there, since Esther and Hakeem are probably in that mess.

 

“Mr.Park, what do you mean a tank? Is the military in Oshawa?” Arrluk asked.

 

“Yeah,” said Jason.

 

Arrluk narrowed his eyes staring at Jason with suspicion. The gentle outlook of an old man was no longer there replaced by an old man with an aura of a battle-hardened warrior.

 

“Are you with the military?” Arrluk asked. His stance lowered down a bit resembling an attacking stance.

 

Those two grandchildren of his omitted about Jason’s involvement with the military. He was only told about Jason’s overwhelming might over them.

 

Jason on the other hand wasn’t some ordinary chum, he felt the change in Arrluk’s overall manner as well as his aura.

 

This old man is definitely not your ordinary loving grandfather.

 

“I don’t know what your beef with the military, but I don’t like how you are glaring at me,” said Jason.

 

Arrluk kept staring at Jason without saying a word.

 

“I guess you don’t actually feel grateful to your savior, so much for all those fake tears,” said Jason.

 

They kept their eyes on each other with the loud noise of a tank shooting on the background. Jason started regretting saving people at a whim, it might have been a good idea of using Contract before doing anything else.

 

Arrluk took a deep breath as he exhaled it slowly. Arrluk stood up straight as he abandoned his attacking stance.

 

Jason waved his hand and walked away. A passing remark threw at the silent Arrluk.

 

“If you hated that much from being rescued by a military, you might as well chop off that right arm of yours,” said Jason.

 

Jason stepped on the staircase preparing to leave.

 

“Wait!” said Arrluk.

 

Jason stopped and glanced at the old man.

 

“What is it? I can’t waste more of my precious time with someone ungrateful,” said Jason.

 

“Why is the military here?” Arrluk asked.

 

“The orc horde, we came to stop them from advancing to Toronto,” said Jason.

 

Jason continued walking down until he reached the deck. Two people were waiting as Tapeesa was smiling at him with a large grin. Nuniq barely made eye contact with him as if stealing glances at him.

 

“Thank you for saving grandpa,” said Tapeesa.

 

Jason just waved his hand.

 

“Thanks,” said Nuniq while looking away from Jason.

 

Jason snickered at the still-growing boy. Nuniq was far from being mature.

 

He walked away from the duo and came closer to the edge of the deck. He rubbed his chin while he was thinking about a plan.

 

Can I run over water?

 

Jason tilted his head a few times as he stretched his whole body. He back away a few feet from the edge as he looked at the far horizon of the lake.

 

“Fuh,” he exhaled while wriggling his hands around.

 

“What is he doing?” Nuniq asked.

 

The siblings wondered about Jason’s action. He was already weird from the first impression of being naked and now he was acting weirder.

 

“I think he’s going to jump,” said Tapeesa.

 

“What? Like I thought this guy is crazy,” said Nuniq.

 

Jason stood there focusing himself, he cast Wind Clad as the air surrounded his whole body. It was time to go.

 

“What’s going on?” the voice of an old man caught the attention of the two grandchildren.

 

“Grandpa,” said Nuniq. He was beaming seeing his grandfather alive and kicking.

 

“He’s jumping,” said Tapeesa catching the attention of the grandchild-grandfather combo.

 

Jason ran with every being that he had as he leaped over the edge of the freighter. His momentum dipped him closer to the surface of the water but as his feet kept on moving, the moment he touched the lake, he started sprinting like mad.

 

Shit, I did it.

Jason looked down below as he was running on water. Behind him was like the spurting trail of a jet ski. Achieving such a feat could only make him smiling wider than he used to.

 

Damn, this feels good.

 

With excitement beating through the course of his body, Jason made his way back to the city. Meanwhile, three people were staring in shock at the spectacle that they had just seen.

 

“Did he just ran over water?” asked Nuniq.

 

“Do you think I can do it too?” Tapeesa wondered since her agility was the highest between them three.

 

Arrluk stared in his silence at the leaving Jason, while a single memory revolved in his mind. A memory of his defeat against the Orc Chief.

 

Back in Oshawa, Ryan was staring down the night-vision binoculars.

 

“Damn it,” the orcs were advancing against the bombardment of the tank. The piles of rubble and broken building stopped two-third of them from advancing. But one-third managed passed by the collapsing building.

 

While two-third were digging and climbing through the collapsed building and hills of rubble, one-third of the orc horde continued their advancement.

 

“I need the grenadiers to position themselves on the roof near to the incoming horde, we need to stop them with the gas,” said Ryan.

 

His orders were executed as five soldiers went running on the road to the still-intact buildings.

 

“Snipers, whatever you do, shoot them in the eyes, I need them blind,” said Ryan.

 

Hemlock was one of the snipers. She eyed down the scope as she aimed her crossbow at one of the orcs.

 

“Roger,” said Hemlock.

 

She steadied her aim and pulled the trigger.

 

Unfortunately, she missed.

 

"Fuck," said Hemlock.

50