Chapter 136
1.5k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man was on all four closed to the shore of the lake. He was panting for his breath as running across the water was no easy feat.

 

I’ve no time for rest.

 

Jason stood up with wobbling feet. His sight was on the horizon as the bright light was the sign of something burning. The burning of a battlefield. His breathing slowly returned to normal as his high stamina was showing its brilliance. He recovered faster than usual, but then he stopped.

 

A steel sword emerged in his hand as he held it up high. Around the corner, a group of orcs emerged. Three of them snorting and grunting, looking for a path to move forward to Toronto. A scout team was sent from the orc horde.

 

A touch of wind enveloped Jason as he closed the distance to the nearest orc. The orc was caught by surprise, and the last thing it saw was the shine of a quick blade. The orc dropped its head on the ground, rendered lifeless by the crimson blade of Jason. A boosted attack by the combination of both Wind Clad and Blood Edge Combo. Jason was pushing his self as there was no time to waste. His act of accelerating his slash with Wind Clad just doubled the strength of his attack and with Blood Edge Combo in play, the fatty adipose tissues of these orcs won’t be a hindrance.

 

The last grunt coming from the dead orc attracted its kin. Its blurry eyesight during the night barely saw the silhouette of a man. Yet their nose picked up the human scent. These orcs charged at Jason. A swing of an axe, yet Jason ducked as he slid his way to the side of the orc slashing with the double-stack slash. Entrails and blood spilled out on the ground as the orc turned fluster as it tried to push it back in.

 

Another two came for the assist. One charged with its shoulder at the front. It missed as Jason leaped and somersault. He landed with a swift swing as another head rolled down. But a mace came smashing at Jason, who just landed. He braced himself putting his guard. The heavy blunt force knocked him back a few feet. It was milder compared to that throw by Orc Chief. He spun his body around the arm of the orc as he stabbed his wind shrouded sword right at the neck of the orc.

 

Both stood still as one was gurgling with blood coming from its stinking mouth. It dropped on its knees as another went down to Jason’s blade. He flicked his blade as he noticed the blade started to chip. A frown on Jason’s face, yet he could do nothing for now. Blood and fat really dulled the blade of the sword. But before he left, the corner of his eyes spotted something.

 

Out of the blues, a pirate hat was floating in the air above the corpse of an orc. He smiled as it was something unexpected. The drop rate of these items was too low that he didn’t expect much after killing normal mobs. He grabbed the navy tricorne hat with golden trimming. A quick scan and it showed its worth.

 

Blue Ocean Hat

Category : Hat

Grade : Normal

A generic hat of captains sailing the Muldone Blue Sea.

Defense : +21(+1)

Effect : Str +1

 

Don’t mind if I do.

 

He put on the hat as it fit his head. His sense of fashion was definitely a sight to behold, the random style was forced considering he had no other options. From the tricorne hat to the monocle eyewear, down to the dark bark arm guards. A mismatch no doubt but reliable in times of need. Now he only needed pants and a pair of shoes.

 

Jason burst into a sprint as he made his way. He drew closer to the blazing light at the distance as he finally saw the wreckage of the tank’s attack. Standing on top of a roof, a huge horde was clearing the path of demolished buildings.

 

Fuh, he made the right call.

 

He praised Ryan as bringing the tank wasn't a bad idea after all.

 

Hmm? What’s that?

 

With the aid of his scope-like monocle, he saw a man who was fleeing on the road with a bunch of orcs chasing him down.

 

Ryan was fleeing on the road. But a flying mace came from behind, striking him right at the back, blowing off his energy guard to complete oblivion. The captain dropped as he hit his head on the pavement.

 

“Shit,” said Ryan.

 

He turned with his head bleeding. His feet pushed off the ground as he tried to crawl away from the incoming orcs. Ryan had never expected that the orc would be throwing their weapon.

 

An orc saw the pitiful state of Ryan as it smirked and snorted. It rushed as it placed its axe up high and readied to mow down the enemy in sight. Ryan saw the axe coming down at him, he was about to roll to the side, but he stopped.

 

Flashing blue electricity electrocuted the orc in front of him. The axe in the air was put on hold as the pig-like humanoid froze in place.

 

Then a shadow emerged in front of the orc. The paralyzing effect wore off as the axe came down at the shadow, but then it stopped once more. Jason pushed the body of the orc away as it fell with blood spilling out from a hole on its neck. The other two orcs that witnessed the whole act stared at Jason as bright blue balls of lightning floated around the human. With a wave of his hand, the balls of lightning flew and struck the dumbfounded orcs. They froze, and Jason made his move. Another two wounded up dead as Jason flicked his blade once more.

 

 

41