Chapter 143
1.5k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning! In this chapter, there's an explicit situation that might not be suitable for those who don't like things that go too far. Well, you have been warned, so don't blame me...

 

**

 

A man was thrown on the deck of a freighter. He was still unconscious as the hit he took was pretty serious. Jason leaped over and landed on the deck. He dusted off his shoulders as he walked up to the unconscious Alpha. Meanwhile, three people climbed up to the deck. 

“Grandpa, are you sure about this?” Nuniq asked.

“Don’t be rude Nuniq, he saved our grandpa’s life,” said Tapeesa.

“Tapeesa is right, we know how to honor our savior but we should never let our guard down. Do you hear me Nuniq? Tapeesa?” said Arrluk. 

“Of course,” said Nuniq as his eyes stared at the back of Jason. “I’m even itching trying to duke it out with him.”

“Don’t get cocky Nuniq, Jason is even stronger than grandpa. I bet you won’t be able to take even a single hit from him,” said Tapeesa.

“Go bring your stupid love somewhere else, and don’t you know? You’re underage, and he’s like… old or something. Wait, if both of you dated, I can send both of you to jail!” said Nuniq.

“Don’t be stupid Nuniq, the law doesn’t work that way,” said Tapeesa as she glared at her brother.

“Enough you two,” said Arrluk as he lightly hit Nuniq on the crown.

“That hurts,” said Nuniq.

“Stop messing around and go pulled up the anchor, we need the freighter to be ready to move,” said Arrluk.

The two grandchildren went away doing what they were told. Arrluk on the other hand went to Jason.

“Although you’re my savior,  I still can’t let you stay for too long,” said Arrluk.

His small build didn’t hinder his assertive aura. He was like any man and woman who went through the hurdle of surviving the UC invasion. He was a nice and gentle old man, but he knew when to put aside that gentleness for a more savage persona.

“I thought an Inuit knew to honor their savior, but it seems I’m wrong,” said Jason as he looked at Arrluk from above as if looking down.

“I can say the same to you Mr.Park, don’t Asians value their so-called honor over everything?” Arrluk replied as shots were fired.

“I’m Asian-Canadian, to hell with those honor bullshit, but touche old man. You’ve got guts, that I can tell,” said Jason as he smirked.

“I’ve got this far for a reason Mr.Park and backing down isn’t one of it,” said Arrluk.

“Very well, I won’t be long. After that sneaky army launches their missiles, I’ll be gone the moment everything turns stable,” said Jason.

Arrluk agreed to Jason’s time of departure, but he still couldn’t hide his anxiousness about the black-clad man. 

“Is he military?” Arrluk pointed at the unconscious man.

“I hope not, but if he is, then there’s blood to be settled,” said Jason as the depth of his eyes were cold as ice.

“I hope you know what you are doing,” Arrluk walked away, leaving Jason behind. “And don’t you endanger my grandchildren's safety.”

Arrluk left after a stern warning. Jason stared at the back of the old man as he felt the protective old man rather familiar. 

For some reason, why does he feels familiar? Do I know someone with that kind personality?

He tilted his head as no one rang a clue. He turned back his attention to Alpha and dragged him away at the other end of the freighter.

At the foremast, the unconscious Alpha lay on the floor. A bucket of water splashed over his face. But he didn’t wake up, still unconscious like before.

“I thought it would work like in the movies,” said Jason as his head tilted.

After getting another bucket, he another idea in mind. He grabbed Alpha by the hair and dunked his whole head inside the bucket full of water. He didn’t move for a few seconds, which worried Jason a bit.

Did I hit him too hard?

But a few seconds later, the black-clad man started squirming.

Oh, he still alive. Oh, shit. He needs to breathe.

The dunk head went up as Alpha inhaled a big breath. The burning lungs were extinguished with oxygen arrival. But before the interrogation could happen, Alpha’s quick hand grabbed the hidden dagger snuck inside his boot and slashed at Jason.

Worthy for a man of his caliber, Alpha fought rather than cowered back like a lamb. But sadly, he was up against Jason. He thought his action was fast and quick, but the person in front of him was faster beyond measure.

Alpha was slapped right in the face. The sound echoed in this small space container as the metal material made it easy for the sound to bounce back. Jason held back a bit, but it still packed quite a punch.

Alpha dropped to the floor as he went unconscious once more. The unexpected slap came in a blink of an eye. His dagger was far from reaching Jason. Unknown to him, Jason didn’t even bother guarding himself as rather than blocking, he countered it right back, delivering justice to the evil.

“Ah… I went overboard again.” 

He kicked Alpha a bit to see if he was unconscious or not, but it seemed he had more to do.

“Ugh, didn’t know doing interrogation would be this hard.”

Before dunking him back into the bucket, he tied up Alpha from top to bottom. It would be a hindrance if Alpha started acting up again.

“Gasp!” Alpha took a deep breath as memories came rushing back. 

Alpha stared at the man standing before him. He was breathing heavily as his glare was alive. Both his hands and feet were restrained, and there was no way out for him, for now.

Jason looked down at the middle-aged man that was responsible for causing that explosion he was in. Deep down, he was itching to kill him but the man behind the orders was more important.

“Who is it? Who gives the order?” Jason asked.

“Neil Stinson,” said Alpha as he spitted at Jason.

“That was fast,” said Jason as a smile hung on his face.

He squatted down to Alpha as his hands reached out to him. Alpha watched with a stoic face. But then.

“Ugh,” he clenched his lips, not letting his scream from coming out. A pulsating pain was coming from his broken finger.

“Oh, as expected,” said Jason. He stared at this steadfast man of war. Seeing him taking the pain without much difficulty was rather frustrating.

“Fuck you slit-eye,” said Alpha.

“Wow, a racial slur? That’s your best shot?” said Jason. “You should think about a better one.”

Alpha's heavy breathing was even flaring up his nostrils. He stared at Jason as he guessed what he was about to do.

“You’re going to beat me up?” asked Alpha.

“Beat? Well, something like that,” said Jason as a sword emerged in his hand. The shining gleam of the blade caught Alpha’s interest.

Before he could stare at it longer, Jason was quick in his action. The blade was gone from Alpha’s sight as pain erupted.

Alpha looked down as half of the sword was inside of him. Blood seeped out from that wound, drenching the blade in crimson blood.

“Argh!!!” Alpha’s scream echoed within the metal container. But it didn’t stop there. Jason twisted the hilt of his sword as the blade turned, inflicting more pain.

“Argh!!!”

Ah, music to my ears. Now I know why the bad cop felt good beating up the criminal. Wait, is my energy point enough for him?

He took a quick look, and two points were left for this black-clad bastard. 

“You better tell me the truth or it’s going to be a long night,” said Jason.

Alpha’s voice echoed as a remnant of his voice reached the bridge.

“Is that a scream?” Tapeesa asked.

“Pay no heed Tapeesa, we’ve got work to do,” said Arrluk as his eyes narrowed at the front end of the freighter.

**

The freighter started to move as it sailed further away from Oshawa City. Jason came out of the metal container as he wiped his bloody hands.

“He’s a tough nut,” said Jason.

He took pleasure over the pain inflicted at Alpha, but the feeling didn’t last long. He felt more disgusted after some time, but he persisted as his goal was for some names. He heard Neil Stinson from the beginning, he trusted him a bit, but that didn’t mean Neil was trustworthy.

Neil might be a decoy at the very beginning, but he might also be the one who was behind it. Well, who cares. At least I’ve got a few people that need a personal visit.

While he was deep in thought, the speaker of the freighter sounded.

“Look up, they’ve launched the missiles,” it was Tapeesa’s voice.

Jason put the kill list aside as he looked up. Thanked to his night vision, he saw it clear as day as missiles were raining on Oshawa City. He smiled as he too felt curious a bit of whether it would work or not. 

He waited, standing at the front mast staring at the direction of the city. A few minutes had passed, yet nothing had happened.

A dud?

But then it happened. The freighter started to rock side to side. Jason made his stance wider as he fought against the imbalance. 

It’s happening.

With the aid of his monocle, buildings on Oshawa’s land were getting demolished as it crumbled from the quaking earth. More and more tall buildings were falling, crumbling by the massive localized earthquake. Yet it wasn’t only the earth. The freighter speaker blared with a warning.

“Huge wave from starboard!” 

The warning from Tapeesa made him turned his head to the side. The calm water of Lake Ontario was finally baring its unseen fangs. A historic event for Ontario as a tsunami emerged. Jason stared at the high wave as he let out a grin.

I guess Esther was right. 

37