Chapter 150
1.3k 9 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
“Fuck, I let my guard down again,” a voice within the deep dark ravine. A man was hanging on the hilt of a sword stuck on a cliffside.
 
“Huh.” He sighed with his head shaking side to side. “I’ve got to stop doing this. I’ve lost count of how many times I almost died for being careless.” He knew he was at fault, but he couldn’t help it. Being tense and cautious all the time was possible, but it stressed him out too much. He didn’t want to lose his hair over stressing too much.
 
“It’s that fucking pig again. I’m going to kill it,” Jason said as he took out a dagger issued by the military from his subspace. All around him was darkness as even the slightest light didn’t penetrate the deep ravine. Jason managed to escape from falling to his death, but he was still stuck down here.
 
With no way than going up, Jason climbed his way to escape the ravine. The dagger and sword struck the cliffside in alternate motion as Jason pulled himself up. His incredible strength and stamina were showing as this feat of his wasn’t something of a normal man.
 
I wonder how those three are doing? Can they handle that pig leader? Is it alone? Or they were some other orcs tagging along.
 
He worried whether that family could fight against the Orc Chieftain. The old grandpa had faced a loss before and this new bout would be either his comeback or another trip to meeting death.
 
Nah, I think those three can handle it. Both his grandchildren have their new classes and they’ll probably at an advantage… I hope.
 
Jason focused on climbing as he picked up the pace. Combined with his explosive jump with his feet, he jumped and climbed even higher. If he saw himself from another perspective, he would definitely compare himself with the wall climbing superhero.
 
Fifteen minutes passed by as he finally saw the sign of light from the top. His pace hastened even further as he reached for the top. Another five minutes passed as the sunlight bathed his whole body. It was the return of a Toronto-born hero.
 
Sweat started to rain down his forehead as the climb was growing to be taxing. He could have rest for a while or take a break while hanging on his sword but thinking about that family made him resolved in climbing quicker. Even if he was confident in them, there would always be a possibility that a bad case scenario would happen and he didn’t want to feel the guilt if something bad happened.
 
“Grrr.” Then a growl of his stomach came out of nowhere.
 
I didn’t expect that.
 
He stuck his dagger on the cliffside as he took out a chocolate energy bar. He ripped apart the cover with his teeth and chomped it all down with a few big bites. Jason continued his climb with his mouth munching down the sugary confection. The flat ground was coming closer to his reach. But he couldn’t hear it. There was no sound of battle, it might have ended in a win or it might turn out into a graveyard.
 
Jason jumped one last time as he landed on the ground. His eyes searched for the scene of a battle, and he found what he wanted. A bunch of orcs was circling the old man who was swinging like mad with his metal rod. But he didn’t see the figure of those two.
 
He got up and saw Arrluk protecting his two grandchildren, who were unconscious on the ground. A distant away, the Orc Chieftain sat on a boulder while massaging its shoulder with a club. It was pretty arrogant, like a mob boss letting the underlings do his job. But at least, it wasn’t the most worst situation. Before jumping into the fray, Jason stared at the Orc Chieftain as his Scan activated.
 

Muzgonk Blackclub (Named)

The best of the warrior of orcs, the Orc Chieftain that commanded its orc legion, ravaging everything in their path. Muzgonk, a vile orc that favored to watch its enemies to suffer until their dying breath. It once laid waste to a battalion of adventurers and came out on top while gnawing on its enemies bone.     

Species: Humanoid(Orc)

Level : 35

S.Ability : Foul Smelly Odour, Extra Thick Fat, Enhance Strength, Blunt Throw, ????? ????.

 

 
“Ah, shit.” He cursed out loud as he finally saw the status of the pig leader. “It’s a fucking named monster.”
 
The last one he fought was at the same level, and he won after coming close to his own death. But this time, it was going to be a lot more difficult.
 
Fuck, it’s level is even higher, and those skills... At least one of them is unknown.
 
He stretched his head side to side preparing for the worst. “But I guess it’s better than fighting against a mage. That bastard I fought got a lot of skills.” He then eyed out at his only chance of winning this battle. The Inuit family of three. He scanned, and at least it showed the two of them were still breathing.
 
“Fuh.” Jason exhaled as a brown aura engulfed his whole being. Another buff stacked as wind clad his whole body. Jason leaped in the air as he made his entrance.
 
A man dropped from the air, catching Arrluk by surprise. He swung his sword as a few orcs dropped on the ground.
 
“You’re alive,” said Arrluk. Jason placed his hand over Arrluk’s shoulder. Green and brown intertwined with one another as it surrounded Arrluk’s body.
 
“I need your help,” Jason said. “That pig leader is going to be a problem, even for me.”
 
Jason squatted down and placed his hands over the two unconscious teenagers. Green glow engulfed them as their bloody body turned healthier. The wounds on their body recovered as their faces twitched a bit. The two were close in regaining consciousness, but close was not enough. While Arrluk protected the three with the vigorous swings of his rod, Jason was slapping the shit out of his grandson.
 
“Hey. Wake up if you don’t want to die,” said Jason. The slap became stronger as this wasn’t the time to stay unconscious.
 
“Qu… Quit it! It’s fucking hurts!” Nuniq was as per usual, cranky like always.
 
“Wake your sister up, or else we’re going to die.” Jason straight up went to the main point. A named monster was loitering around, and he needed every help that he could find.
 
Jason took out another sword as he joined Arrluk in killing these frenzied orcs. Jason’s might was unlike before, an additional thirty points to strength cut these orcs as smooth as butter.
 
“Old man, pay close attention to the pig leader. It’s probably going to start making its move,” said Jason.
 
Arrluk worried about his grandchildren, but after hearing Nuniq’s voice, at least he knew that Jason had done a great deed for his family. Once more, this man saved him in a different way, Jason saved him from feeling the dread of the guilt of not being able to save his grandchildren.
 
Arrluk glanced at Muzgonk, and he saw it. The sitting Orc Chieftain was making its move, plodding over to them while dragging the club across the ground. Arrluk knew that the big gun was joining in, and he couldn’t his nervousness as his heart beat faster.
 
“I’ll need you to be the vanguard,” said Jason. His voice echoed in Arrluk’s eardrums. Arrluk turned over to Jason, staring deep into his eyes. Jason was asking for something dangerous but knowing this man, Arrluk put his trust in him. Jason had saved him and now his grandchildren, and to be a vanguard was all it took to repay him, then he would gladly accept it.
 
“I’ll do it,” Arrluk said, nodding to Jason.
 
“Don’t worry, I won’t let you die.” a reassuring promise as a memory came back. Not this time.
 
Arrluk bashed the orcs in front of him in a fan-like motion. These hunkering orcs fell to the ground by the beating of the metal rod. Jason slew more and more orcs as he also kept his eyes on the incoming Muzgonk.
 
Cheeky pig. It doesn’t even care about the lives of its own underling.
 
Another orc with a sword stabbed right through its head. Jason kicked it away as it crashed over the other orcs. He turned to his back and saw Tapeesa standing up with her hands touching her dizzy head. Jason retreated and faced these two siblings.
 
“We’re going fight against a named monster, and I need you two to do whatever I say, got it?” Jason asked.
 
Tapeesa nodded as she turned and saw her grandfather fighting in their stead. But Nuniq stayed quiet as he stared at Jason.
 
This brat.
 
Jason couldn’t take it anymore as he gave a resounding slap right at Nuniq’s cheek. It was loud enough to even gained Arrluk’s attention. Jason held back, but it still held his immense strength.
 
“If you want to die so much, go die alone. I’m here to save your family and your fucking life, so get your head straight,” Jason hollered as even without looking, he threw his sword right through an orc’s head.
 
Tapeesa joined her grandfather as an energy boomerang manifested.
 
“Backup your grandfather and don’t jump into them recklessly. Remember, both of your guards are out, and I don’t want any of you guys to die meaninglessly,” said Jason.
 
The moment he said those words, his two arms glowed in intense light green.
 
“Everyone duck!” he shouted. It was sudden, but everyone follows suit. Jason made a turn as he swung his arms. Crescent projectiles came flying in the air, cutting apart every orc in their surrounding.
 
Jason didn’t stop as he turned and turned a few more times, unleashing dozens and dozens of Wind Cutter. The wind projectiles cut apart those thick fats inches by inches until every orc plopped on the ground.
 
Arrluk and the rest stood up as they saw the devastation made by Jason. Yet a single organism stood its ground as there was barely a mark on its protruding fat belly. Then they heard Jason’s voice.
 
“Get ready, Arrluk to the front, and the two brats support from the back. I’m going to take it from the back.”
 
The four stared at the fat pig leader, Muzgonk Blackclub.
32