Chapter 153
1.3k 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A car was thrown like a hurling fastball, gunning at the two newcomers. Yet three streaks of lightning zapped in the air and clashed right at the flying car. Lightning Fury struck the car, and halt its advance. Another three streaks came out of nowhere, striking the car within a one-second interval. Then spark flied. The combination of flammable fluid and spark of electricity was a bad match.

BOOM!

The car exploded in mid-air as onlookers searched for those two who were close to the explosion. The Inuit family couldn’t find them, but within the cloud of smokes, Jason and two others were lying down on the ground. Jason scanned his two allies, and seeing their energy guards were still intact, drew a sigh of relief.

He grabbed both Esther and Hakeen as the green energy filled up their energy guards. Jason stood back on the ground as he grabbed these two by the back of their clothes. Luckily, he managed to grab these two before the car exploded. He used his Lightning Fury for the sole reason of halting the car, but he forgot that it might be the start of an explosion.

Okay, I made a stupid decision. Better not freaking doing it again. Who could blame me right? I’m just doing what’s best in saving these two numbskulls that appeared out of nowhere. To be frank, these two are more of an idiot than me.

He complained about these two while escaping the cloud of smoke. The man holding two people emerged into the sunlight as he flung these two away at a distance. A precautionary step as he searched back for Muzgonk. He didn’t know why, but he had a bad feeling that something was chasing him.

Shit!

And he was right. Muzgonk emerged right in front of him, passing through the smokes, flaunting its fat muscular figure. The most attention-seeking part of its body was none other than the protruding eight pack abs. Muzgonk glared at Jason with its reddish eyes, staring down at the only person who managed to made it bleed.

“For a fat dude, you run pretty fast,” an awkward smile as he stared at this named monster. The ground cracked as Muzgonk leaped into the air. In a single leap, the Orc Chieftain reached Jason with its fist clenched tight.

Jason saw it coming and jumped away. Muzgonk dropped a second later, crashing into the ground, cracking the earth that he landed. But it didn’t end there. Muzgonk grabbed a chunk of flying earth, and threw at the fleeing Jason.

Fuck. A fistful of earth came flying like a bullet. Jason pumped up his Wind Clad to his feet and jumped to the side. But he was too late. He was fast but not within this distance, to block a speeding chunk of earth.

The chunk nicked Jason by the corner, and it was enough to push him to another trajectory. He flung away and rolled on the ground as a green glow engulfed him. He got up immediately as he set his sight back in the direction of Muzgonk. But his eyes quivered. Where the fuck did that pig go?

As if drawn to the sky, he looked up and saw that hateful shade of dark green. It really likes jumping around.

Jason was done fleeing as three crackling lightning manifested around him. With a swing of his hand, the Lightning Fury went flying. I’m not done yet. More and more flashes of lightning emerged, striking at the Orc Chieftain like homing missiles.

Jason was not sparing any of his energy as he spammed that skill.

 

Lightning Fury level up to level 2

 

The Orc Chieftain stagnated in the air, but the glint in its eyes was not the sign of giving up. It stared down at the man who kept throwing these annoying taser-like spell. These sparkly things barely did a dent at its thick skin, fat, and muscle, yet it was able to hold it down. The burning rage inside its orc’s heart flamed like a beacon.

It struggled to break away from the stun effect, fighting against it with sheer will. From the deep bellow of its throat, intense heat was rising. A faint sign of smoke escaped through its mouth and nose, and Jason saw it. The heck? His curiosity was answered in a split second.

The Orc Chieftain fought its way out and opened its jaw wide. A reddish-orange hue emerged from the deep darkness of its throat as Muzgonk spitted out a wave of flames. The flames went down, filling up the sky between Muzgonk and Jason.

Fuck! Jason fled without hesitation. The flames came down and swept through the ground as if they were chasing the fleeing Jason.

Muzgonk dropped on the ground, succeeding in escaping the continuous stun. Yet its mouth didn’t close as it continued spewing flame fueled by its hatred towards the man. It was like a wildfire burning everything within its path. There was no sign of Muzgonk stopping its intent of burning everything. But then.

“Frost Orb!” a meek voice from afar. A glowing light blue struck Muzgonk from the back. But it was useless. The intense heat of its body nullified the cold element of Tapeesa’s skill. Muzgonk didn’t stop firing, yet its eyes glanced to the side, searching for the good for nothing human that dared attack it.

It saw Tapeesa, who was running around and shooting more of her skill, and Muzgonk made its move. A slight turn of its head and flames scattered on the ground. Tapeesa saw the incoming heat as she turned and fled. Nuniq, who was by her side, followed along escaping the incoming flames.

Arrluk, at the other end, saw his fleeing grandchildren, and his paternal instinct kicked in. He swung his rod, and the hook went flying. The reel screeched as the speed of the hook reached the neck of the Orc Chieftain within seconds. A few twists and turns of Arrluk’s rod and the hook snugged right at Muzgonk’s neck.

The old man pulled with everything that he got, trying to change the course of the wave of flames. Yet it was futile. The Orc Chieftain wouldn’t budge, and seconds later, the line snapped. The intense heat surrounding the Orc Chieftain was too intense that even the factory-made line couldn’t withstand it.

“No!” Arrluk uttered. The old man broke into a run, heading towards his grandchildren. Regret was seeping in as the enemy this time was beyond measure. He thought it would be a comeback win, but he was proven wrong as even Jason couldn’t do a thing.

Meanwhile, Hakeem and Esther woke up as they saw the scene of burning grounds and the orc that caused it. “The hell is going on here?” Hakeem asked. His eyes quivered in disbelief, and he wasn’t alone. Esther was too shock as she was rendered speechless. Then the thought of her brother flashed by.

“Jason!” she searched for Jason, yet there was nothing but a sea of flames. They came to help, but it looked like they were burdens rather than a helping hand. The pure intention could be fatal if there was nothing to back it up. That was the situation both Hakeem and Esther were in.

On top of high ground, Jason sat there staring at the Orc Chieftain while hiding within his Shadow Sneak. “Flame Wave? A tacky name, but it’s freaking powerful. How the hell am I going to win this?”

The Orc Chieftain spread out its flames as it continued to burn everything from every angle. He was like a walking flamethrower, spewing flames with the visage of a dragon. Five minutes went by, and then it ended. The Orc Chieftain stood there with its head while smokes rising up from its nose and mouth. It finally ended, and it looked Muzgonk ran out of juice. It dropped to its knees and stayed silent without moving and saying anything. Yet its action instilled fear in those who witnessed the sea of flames.

The Inuit family were far away while Hakeem and Esther stood at the same spot, taking safety on the high ground.

“Hakeem,” Esther said.

“Yea,” he replied.

“What are we going to do?” she asked.

“I don’t…”

“We’re going to fight back,” a voice not of Hakeem entered their ears.

“Jason!” Hakeem dropped on his butt to the ground as Jason appeared out of nowhere.

“You’re alive!” Esther went for a hug, and Jason blocked it without hesitation.

“There’s no time for that, I think this is our chance,” Jason said, staring at the immobile Muzgonk.

“You sure about that? What if that orc spit out those flames again?” Hakeem asked while dusting off his bum.

“I’m not. But we don’t have a choice, do we? Imagine that thing arriving at Oshawa,” Jason reminded them of the possible future.

Esther and Hakeem imagined the unthinkable sight of their homes being burnt to the ground.

“What do you propose we do?” Esther asked.

“First thing first, we got to group up with the Arrluk’s family. Like I said before, I need all the help I can get.”

31