1.02 – I’m Lost in a Field of Flowers!?
1.4k 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

=^..^=  =^..^= =^..^=  =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=  =^..^=
I’m Lost in a Field of Flowers!?

Edited by: Trismegistus Shandy
Beta Read by: Yuki Kitsune, Tessarion and M A Thermidor

“Wait… you’re a kami?” I exclaimed as the vines wrapped around my body.  I gasped and screamed while the hydraulic-powered limbs began to wring me. “I-It hurts so much… what’s happening?”

Tears streamed from my eyes as I looked desperately around me. I tried to understand what was happening, and Stalker-sama never responded to my questions since she said I was stupid.  Or should I call her Kami? She’s always watching me, right?

Vines encased me entirely except for my head, but I could see them massing and wrapping closer towards my eyes. I yelped as they covered my mouth.  I felt pain all throughout my body as they compressed. Besides the vegetation tormenting me, I noticed that there seemed to be nothing else in this endless field of flowers with the sun shining warmly high above me.

I-Is this how I will die? Really, really?

“Bunn n wrrr ddeee,” I cried.  I felt a crisis build within me as desperation took me. My heart hammered in my tortured ribcage.  The vines wrapped around my head entirely, plunging me once again into darkness. I screamed desperately, and I heard a muffled explosion; my screaming was joined by other shrill screaming noises.  I could feel vertigo seizing me as my body was thrown around violently, and I impacted against something heavily, experiencing more pain than I ever had in my entire life.

“S-Stalker-sama… did you save me?” I murmured piteously, gasping desperately for breath.  No answer came again. I nearly passed out, but I was shocked when I felt soft arms around me.  After a moment, I could feel the vines wrapping around me slowly relax their tension. They weren’t wringing me now. I was just being held tightly by them.  All at once suddenly I gasped and twitched as I felt glorious freedom. I opened my eyes blearily, beholding a compassion-filled face. She had gorgeous blonde hair and stunning green eyes.

“Are you alright, little kitty?” she asked me concernedly.

I looked at her more closely as I struggled to sit up.  My body wouldn’t respond properly. My eyes fell to her chest and my eyes flamed as I beheld her amazing breasts framed by her armor. The lower portion of her breasts was visible and…

Armor? Is she a cosplayer?

The armor was inlaid with flowery engravings. She had golden borders on her arm plates which looked like kote to me.  Her torso was bare down to her sexy navel. I saw her climb to her feet. The armored skirt around her hips was like a flower; its petals unfolded as if to catch the sunlight. The petals were golden with silver and green borders.  Her creamy thighs were slightly plump and they looked so soft I wanted to cuddle up to them. A protective harness protected those lovely thighs. On her shins were gorgeous boots with beautiful feathery wings. They looked metallic to me and yet malleable as though they were made of a strong fabric.

I looked up finally to her face to see her eyes close. She clasped her hands together and golden energy started to collect in her hands. I twitched and nearly passed out then as she gestured towards me.

“Heal!” she cried out.

I screamed and truly did pass out then.  The shock of the warm energy suffusing my body overloaded me.

=^..^=   =^..^= =^..^=    =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=    =^..^=

Some time later, I woke up and leapt to my feet with my heart pounding.  I looked around to see that I was on a massive outcropping. It soared above the expanse of the flower fields. The stone was cold and dark in its pigmentation. The moon was full high above my head, and the sight of it made me feel as though my blood was hot in my veins.  It shone more beautifully than any moon I’d ever seen. My nose twitched as the scent of the flowers was overpowered by a wonderful aroma that made my stomach gurgle violently. I finally noticed that there was a campfire crackling merrily nearby. Despite the slightly chilly breezes sweeping across the outcropping, the warmth of the fire combated it nicely.

“Are you mute?” That voice came again. I looked towards the source of the voice and giggled to see that beautiful mysteriously cosplaying onee-sama was sitting by the fire, tending it with a serious expression.  What was most surprising to me was the pot which was floating in the air above the campfire. My jaw dropped as I beheld the contents of it. Lumps of unidentifiable vegetables floated in a rich sauce that made me drool. The wonderful odors I’d detected were bubbling up from it.

“U-Um… No!!! I’m able to speak!” I grinned and sidled next to the woman, crouching.  

She looked at me with a smile.  “I’m pleased to hear that. Many of your kind are uneducated.”

I looked at her with a blank expression as she reached into a nearby pack and removed two small wooden bowls with two crude bronze spoons, though they had engraved flowers upon their handles.

“My kind?  Girls? But you’re a girl, too…” I observed.

“What?” She laughed. “No, you can’t answer that question I see for some reason.  So why don’t you tell me why you’ve been wandering foolishly in the Wildflower Funeral Plains?”

“Funeral?” I gazed at her, dumbfounded. “That’s a really weird name… flowers are beautiful.”

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow as she handed me a bowl full of the amazing soup she had been preparing. I sniffed at it and I exclaimed.  The scent was even better up close! Ignoring the spoon, I couldn’t resist slurping it up. My stomach panged so painfully, and the delicious broth full of delicious vegetables was absolutely what I needed. When I finished gulping the soup down, I gasped and fell to my butt on the stone outcropping.  She laughed, watching me as she ate hers much more slowly, showing a greater amount of dignity than I had. I blushed, clapping my hands to my cheeks.

“Funeral… you really don’t know?” she asked me after concluding her own meal. “The stylidium lilies nearly devoured you. This grassland is one of the most dangerous places in the world.  Why were you here? Did you think to gather fruit here? Not many plants here are fruit-bearing and small animals know better than to wander the Wildflower Funeral Plains.”

“What?” I exclaimed. I giggled softly and felt a strange desire to snuggle up to her.  She looked at me as I rubbed up against her. She felt so soft, and beneath the delicious odors of the soup she had cooked, I could smell the flowery scent of her.

“You’re really confused!” She laughed. “Did some fool take you out into these plains to dispose of you? That’s truly cruel.”

“N-no… Stalker-sama wouldn’t hurt me!  She’s too beautiful and wonderful!” I giggled. “Oh… where did Stalker-sama go? I want to see her again… she took me to a weird place and then I woke up in this flower field.”

“It sounds like this ‘Stalker’ left you to die in the Wildflower Funeral Plains,” she suggested.

“She wouldn’t do that!” I exclaimed vehemently.  “Don’t talk so poorly of Stalker-sama! She loves me!” I glomped her and put my hands on her shoulders, my hair standing up.

“Oh my,” she murmured. “Did you fall in love with a demon?  Well, never mind that, kitty. Tell me this then. What kind of a spell did you cast? I watched helplessly when I saw the stylidium lilies devouring their latest victim. I feared I couldn’t do anything in time.  One of your kind can’t possess magic. You’re a mystery to me, kitty. Tell me more about yourself.”

I looked at her with a blank expression, my nose twitching. I felt clueless.  “Magic? Um… there was a boom… and I think Stalker-sama saved me. She’s wonderful! It hurt so much, but she saved me in the end.  She saved me before too.” I sniffled and tears poured down my cheeks. “So don’t speak harshly about Stalker-sama!” I snuggled up against her and she gently patted me.

“Well, at least you weren’t so confused as to think I saved you.” She laughed. “It could have been, you know, but I told you I wasn’t able to.”

“Why are you here, onee-sama?” I asked, looking up into her eyes. “You say it’s really dangerous… why are you here?”

She laughed in response. “Well, I have to thank you, kitty.  I was here to harvest stylidium lily tendrils. They’re sovereign ingredients for the creation of a curative elixir.  There is someone I know who is on their deathbed. I wasn’t sure I would be strong enough to defeat the lilies, but still I came.  I fought my way through the plains and skirmished with the lilies when they’d pop up to kill me, but I couldn’t slay one. But here you are, an unlikely heroine kitty.  No, I can’t just call you that, unless it pleases you. Please allow me to introduce myself to you.” She stood gallantly and posed, and for the first time I noticed her beautiful sword. She unsheathed it and held it aloft.  The blade was pure white, and golden flowers entwined around the hilt and crossguard. She smiled bravely. “I’m Marigold Loring Albani!” she introduced herself to me.

I gaped at her and giggled, trying my clumsy English. “Ummm… Marigold-onee-sama, I’m please to meet you!” I exclaimed.  She looked at me with a blank expression.

Isn’t she European or American? But she has beautiful blonde hair and with that name… did I misunderstand? She speaks Japanese so well…

“Ehe…” she blushed. “Onee-sama? Your name, slow kitty-chan?” she asked me with a smile.

“Oh… haha… my name is Omori Aimi! Nice to meet you, Marigold-onee-sama!” I bowed, blushing prettily.

“That’s such a complex name for one of the Bushi Tribes. It’s nice to meet you, Aimi-kitty!”

Why does she keep calling me that?

=^..-=  =O..o= =o..O=   =O..o= =o..O= =O..o=   =o..O= =-..^=

Notes from Aimi:

I can’t believe I really thought Marigold-onee-sama was an American.  She has really classic western features, but she’s not exactly my type.  Also, wow! I had a tail the whole time and I didn’t see it or feel it! I think I chased it constantly until it dawned on me that that thing was attached to my butt!  Why did Kami-sama reincarnate me as a catgirl? I wondered if maybe it meant she really loves kitties? If so, she gave me a huge edge in my battle to win her heart! Nya!!! +^..^= Oops… this was written with a pen so I’ll be more careful! =^..^=  YAY! So, I guess you wanna know what power I was stuck with, right? I’ll just let the next chapter of my memories speak for me. Oh, Kami-sama…

=^..^=   =^..^= =^..^=    =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=    =^..^=

22