CHAPTER TWELVE: THE THIRDS DECISION.
124 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER TWELVE: THE THIRDS DECISION.
 
"If this is a joke, I suggest you get serious, Lord Hiashi!" The Third remarked sternly. Though he knew Lord Hiashi wasn't one to joke about such matters, he needed assurance.
 
"I assure you, Lord Third, I do not jest about this. Instead, let me ask you to truly tell me about the origins of this boy. I believe you haven't told me everything," Lord Hiashi inquired, arms folded in his robes, eyes closed, and facing forward.
 
"...," The Third hesitated, wanting to limit the number of people privy to Gilgamesh's true nature.
 
"And just who are you to ask about my origins, oh lord of the blind?" Gilgamesh teased, wearing a smirk on his face.
 
Lord Hiashi remained unfazed, treating Gilgamesh's words as those of a child but slightly surprised by the inquiry.
 
"Forgive him, Lord Hiashi; he's still a..." Kakashi attempted to intervene courteously but was promptly interrupted by Gilgamesh.
 
"I believe I can speak. What do you plan on doing with that information?" Gilgamesh questioned, hands on his waist, looking up at Lord Hiashi.
 
"Be quiet; these are matters concerning adults," Lord Hiashi commanded, releasing his chakra to exert some pressure on Gilgamesh.
 
"I expected more from one who answers to 'lord.' Maybe you should call me Lord Gilgamesh too," Gilgamesh quipped, releasing a bit of his coexisting energies. The Third and everyone else in the office raised eyebrows at the display.
 
Masked ninjas suddenly materialized in the room, forming a protective formation around The Third and Gilgamesh.
 
The Third quickly regained composure, ordering the Anbu ninjas to stand down. Several figures flashed out of the office at his command.
 
Lord Hiashi was surprised but somewhat impressed by how the young boy matched his chakra release, seeing Gilgamesh not just as a child but as a young man. The Third and Kakashi shared a similar opinion as they observed Gilgamesh, who didn't seem intimidated by the presence of numerous masked ninjas.
 
'Damn it, Gilgamesh, couldn't you have shown me this when we got back home? Now, Danzo's spies have something to report to him,' Kakashi thought as he awaited responses from The Third and Lord Hiashi.
 
"It seems rather childish to treat Gilgamesh, who has an unknown origin, as if he can't have a say in matters regarding his future," The Third coughed, restoring order to the room as he reclined in his seat.
 
"Now, Gilgamesh, this is Lord Hiashi, the clan leader of the Hyuga clan. They are known for their special dojutsu. Members of his clan usually have grey or almost white iris color in their eyes. They can activate their Byakugan after meeting certain conditions, allowing them nearly three hundred and sixty-degree vision, the ability to see through buildings, see chakra, and perform various techniques related to the Byakugan. Lord Hiashi activated his Byakugan earlier to check for signs of chakra in you," The Third explained to Gilgamesh as if he were already a full-fledged ninja. Treating Gilgamesh like his peers seemed futile, and The Third decided to be upfront.
 
"Hmm, I see. Does he always have to pop a vein just to use his... Byakugan? Anyway, I would like you to call off those ninjas who watch me daily," Gilgamesh said, walking past Lord Hiashi towards The Third's desk.
 
The Third was surprised by this development and glanced towards Kakashi, who shrugged and sighed.
 
"It seems Gilgamesh here might be a sensory-type ninja, and at a level where he could even compete with Jounin-level ninjas. I believe he is tired of too many eyes constantly watching him, even though it's for the sake of his protection," Kakashi explained, observing The Third and Lord Hiashi's dropping jaws.
 
"Sensory type? At this age already?" Lord Hiashi couldn't believe his ears. Somehow, he began to understand the arrogance of the little boy.
 
'It seems Itachi was right. I better put him to training right away,' The Third thought, calming himself.
 
"Listen, I am sure you know you are a valuable citizen here in the Village Hidden in the Leaf. And I am sure you also know that we are watching you because we do not understand you completely, even though I hear you claim to be a king and own everything. Why don't you become a pillar of this village?" The Third said, trying to motivate with a tone of encouragement, but he was disappointed to see Gilgamesh's bored expression.
 
"Hmm, I am not inclined to serve anyone," Gilgamesh said, folding his hands. Lord Hiashi and The Third began to think of ways to restrain him and unorthodox methods to keep him loyal to the village as soon as they heard that. The village had just lost a powerhouse like Minato, and the legendary Sannin were not available to take that position. They would rather prevent any destruction within the village if the boy with unknown origins was unwilling to cooperate.
 
"But, of course, I would take you up on your offer since I get to learn cool stuff like walking on the ceilings and breathing fire out of my mouth," Gilgamesh said, wearing a playful smile.
 
'Thank goodness,' Lord Hiashi thought, smiling a little.
 
'Recruitment success!' The Third thought, finally able to stop holding his breath.
 
"Good. Kakashi here will move your accommodations deeper into the forest. Your training starts immediately tomorrow," The Third responded.
 
"Fine. But only Kakashi-san or whoever is teaching me gets to watch me, right?" Gilgamesh said, releasing some of his chakra and imitating Lord Hiashi's previous actions.
 
"Don't get cocky, kid. The training is going to be hellish. I actually feel sorry for you; you are just a kid. But a kid with a lot of talent, do the village proud," The Third said, releasing a bit of his chakra. Masked ninjas appeared again, surrounding The Third, who waved them off while covering his face with his ceremonial hat.
 
"Then we have an agreement. But I am doing this for myself anyway," Gilgamesh said, turning and hopping on Kakashi's back.
 
"Let's go already!" 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEXT CHAPTER: SET OUT!
________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

10