Chapter 1 – A pawn in the crime
49 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pawn in the crime...

In a small dilapidated temple, the cries of a woman can be heard. This woman with a bulging belly was sitting in a puddle of fluid, breathing weakly. 

Su Roushan gently helped her up and reclined her to the giant of foot of an unrecognizable deity statue. 

"Honey, i can't hold on anymore."

The man with a striking aura showed a rare panic. 

"Yu,er i will go out to find someone. Please wait for me."

He didnt wait for her reply, running out of the temple after giving her a gentle kiss on forehead. 

The lady winced in pain and tightly clutched a jade pendant in her hand. 

In the dim moonlight, the word carving on the pendant twinkled a bit. 

 [ Su ]

*****

Su Lingyuan excitedly looked around with her little bean eyes. She has been in this world for less than half an hour.

She looked at her mother. She had been growing up in this woman's belly for so long yet she couldn't feel any bond with her. Because even in that dormant state she had been, Su Lingyuan could clearly feel her mother's rejection and hate towards her. 

She couldn't help but feel a little dejected. 

She became an unwanted existence as soon she came. Isn't this sad?

She almost instantly accepted that her life is going to be a hard one. Okay but she is looking forward to it though ! 

"Li,er are you sure about this?"

Su Lingyuan listened. Its her grandmother who is also the midwife of this unknown village. 

"Whats there to think about mom?"

Lin Li became a little agitated. 

"I thought i could live a good life marrying him since he is a soldier in outpost. But who would have thought that scum is so poor and broken. And he still expect me to give birth to his baby puey ! Good that he is dead! Just seeing this little wench make me angry."

This sc*m b!tch

The more she heard, the more angry Su Lingyuan felt. 

But she couldn't make a sound because she was not even cleaned up. Her lips are stuck together. Only her eyes and nose are clear. 

"Shhh Li'er someone is coming."

****

Back in the temple...

The cries of lady became more and more wrenching. Su Roushan paced anxiously outside the door.   

Su Lingyuan was stuffed inside a coarse sack bag. Due to the poor hygiene, she was already feeling sick. As she was helplessly trying to move her stiff arms, she felt someone taking her out and began cleaning her up with a wet towel. Her umbilical cord was properly cut. She was confused and looked around. She saw her so called grandmother giving a side eye to her mother. 

The lady in pain had already fainted before the baby fully came out. Su Lingyuan watched in horror as grandmother Lin took out the baby, cut the cord and without even basic cleaning, stuffed the baby into the same sack bag that she had been earlier. 

"It's a girl."

"Good."

Wait, what!!

"Li,er are you sure it is the same Su family?"

Grandmother Lin whispered in Lin Li's ear. 

"Didn't he say it himself?" Lin Li smiled and asked back. "Besides i believe my judgement. He is surely filthy rich!!" 

"Then we can go according to your plan. But Li,er, if we get caught one day we will be doomed."

Lin Li smiled and didn't say anything. 

She locked on to Su Lingyuan's eyes and grinned evilly. 

"Little one! We will rely on you in the future !"

_____

To be continued...

The story is just starting. It may seem too slow now, but we will be going in a normal pace.  English is my second language. Please help me correct the mistakes everyone. I would greatly appreciate that.😊

I will upload next part soon.

Spoiler

This scene may seem unnecessary but it is not.☺☺

[collapse]

Does this chapter make sense to you?
  • Somewhat Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Can't say just based on this chapter Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Waiting for next part Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It doesnt make sense Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 4
6