Chapter 52: The Young Master’s Negotiation got Derailed
63 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You! ⤊

 

Xinyue's reaction was unmistakable as the words left my lips. Her mouth opened, eyes wide with incredulity.

"What! How do you know that?" Xinyue said as she stood up. Across the room, Elder Su's presence flickered in his peripheral vision, her spiritual sense probing, but she maintained her distance.

As I observed Xinyue's reaction, a pang of uncertainty gripped me. "Are Cultivators the best-kept secret in this crazy world?" Asher pondered as he glanced at Xinyue's response, hoping he hadn't spilled the beans on a secret society. 

Perhaps they had concealed themselves from the rest of society. Judging by Xinyue's reaction, they appear to be up to something. Maybe I should lighten the mood.

"Well, I might have picked up a thing or two during my brush with death," he said.

But she wasn't easily swayed. Her narrowed eyes bore into mine, her initial astonishment morphing into suspicion. "You gained more than just simple energy technique from your memories, didn't you? Or was it something from the spirit that I sensed?" she asked as she glanced toward his Locket. 

"From the memories, and it was a cultivation method with a technique to become the strongest here, enough to repay some people," Asher stated with over-confidence.

Hearing his boastful words made her pause a little, but she soon realized he was joking.

"Did it go to your head?" Her lips twitched, fighting back a smile as she tilted her head slightly.

Her eyes sparkled with amusement as she giggled softly, pointing at Asher. "Are you suggesting that you've had your first fortuitous encounter and are now plotting about being the most powerful?"

He pushed down a flush of embarrassment as he realized how he might come across. Especially to a book nerd like her. 'A overdosed Xianxia protagonist after finding his cheat. It's good if I thought that myself, but if others too, where would be his prestige,' 

He chuckled, trying to play off his ambitions as mere fantasies. "You don't have to burst my bubble so harshly, but it really is good enough to easily handle anyone here," he said, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

Xinyue's laughter filled the air as she responded to his jest. "Well, in that case, I suppose I'll play the role of the unfortunate jade beauty, waiting for her hero to come and cure her of her ailment."

The jovial atmosphere shifted slightly as Xinyue's words sank in, a touch of awkwardness settling between them.

Realizing her slip, Xinyue's cheeks flushed with color as she hurriedly clarified, "I mean, like in one of those stories. It's not meant to be taken literally. Besides, I'm already working on it."

"Yeah, of course, I got it. You're not some damsel in distress; you're more like a phoenix rising from the ashes, ready to slap all the bastard's face who gloated when you left the sect," Asher said.

Xinyue's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Hey, how do you know about 'face slapping' or 'phoenix rising from ashes'? Those aren't exactly common phrases around here."

Asher hesitated for a moment, weighing his options. 'Can I say it comes from the memory?' he mused, contemplating the potential consequences. 

He only shared about the technique to clear his impurities. She already should have an inlinking of technique he might gain when he lied about the energy technique.

He should take the risk, silently hoping that his revelation would ignite a spark within Xinyue, compelling her to offer her assistance in his cultivation.

"Well, it's a bit complicated," he began cautiously, choosing his words carefully. "But let's just say it comes from... memories."

"Really?" Xinyue's eyes lit up with curiosity. "What kind of memories are those, and don't hide this time,"

"I forgot," Asher admitted, mentally kicking himself for sharing too much.

Xinyue's disappointment was evident as she sighed. "Well, I guess it can't be helped then."

Changing the subject, Xinyue asked, "Well, what help do you want about cultivation? Wait, do you even know the first stage?"

Asher nodded. "Yeah, I know about Qi Condensation," he replied, revealing more of his knowledge. He trusted Xinyue enough not to betray him and could use her expertise to his advantage.

Asher's mind raced as he weighed his options. 'I don't want to share my source of knowledge. If I came as too knowledgable, it will be problematic.' 

He needed to balance showing enough proficiency to gain Xinyue's assistance without painting himself as a treasure trove.

A faint pout formed on Xinyue's lips as she realized she wouldn't get to show off her knowledge. "Well, I guess I don't need to explain that, then," she said with a hint of disappointment.

Asher quickly backtracked. "Wait, no, I only know about Qi Condensation. I'm not familiar with the later stages. In fact, I don't even have a complete understanding of Qi Condensation, so your help would be invaluable."

"Really? Or are you just trying to flatter me with lies?" Xinyue asked in a skeptical tone, her arched eyebrow signaling her doubt. "But why would you need my help with Cultivation? Don't you—"

Xinyue's words trailed off as realization dawned on her, her expression shifting as if she had stumbled upon a well-kept secret. 

Leaning forward, she fixed Asher with an intense gaze, a glimmer of excitement dancing in her eyes. "Do you know how to initiate the first stage of Cultivation?"

Asher hesitated, sensing Xinyue's growing curiosity. The extreme gleam in her eyes was giving him some bad signals. 'Isn't that the most common step? What type of question is that?'

"Yeah, I just need to consume these herbs," he replied, tapping the bottle he had obtained from the Councilor's office. 

With a deliberate motion, he placed the bottle on the table between them, the glass surface reflecting the dim light of the room.

The bottle, small and unassuming, held a powdered mixture within its translucent walls. The same cheap soup but in an excellent package.

The Councilor already said those precious resources should be kept in expensive looking packages to better sell. 

But he returned to the present as Xinyue picked up the bottle.

"What!? Just like that? What kind of potion is it?" Xinyue's curiosity was palpable, her eagerness evident as she leaned closer to look at the bottle.

"It's not a potion, but a soup. Though the technique I acquired will help me more," Asher explained. "The soup only serves as an energy source to open the first meridian."

Xinyue's eyes widened, maybe due to the soup or technique, but he wasn't sure. 

"Then why wait? Start it immediately, idiot." Xinyue said after his simple explanation.

"While I may have the resources to complete the first meridian, I still lack some rare materials necessary for the subsequent steps," he admitted, studying Xinyue's reaction closely.

Xinyue was not stupid; she realized what help Asher wanted with his Cultivation. "And what makes you think I would have access to such resources?" Xinyue asked.

"I'm not certain, but I'm hoping you might have connections or means to acquire them," Asher replied diplomatically.

After seeing her contemplative look, Asher told her about his offer.

He continued, "Look, I need to complete the first stage of my cultivation, which requires a significant energy source. And you—well, I don't know all your challenges, but if the Awakening Artifact interests you, perhaps we can help each other out."

Xinyue considered his proposal, her gaze thoughtful as she weighed the potential benefits of collaboration. "You're suggesting a partnership? But are you even sure you can help with the Awakening Artifact? It's under the Rosewood family, not the Silverstar," she pointed out skeptically.

"Don't worry about it. I'll handle the details. Access to the Artifact in exchange for your resources," Asher assured her confidently. 

'I'm ready to share the Heavenly Rivers Formation, but it's better to wait for her reply.' His position is weak so he could only compensate for it. Though he didn't mind sharing it with Xinyue. 

After a moment of scrutiny, Xinyue seemed to come to a decision. "First, I want proof that I'm betting on the right horse. I already have my methods for getting what I want, and I want to see what you're truly capable of," she said, stating her position. 

"That was quite fast," Asher thought, a hint of doubt creeping into his thoughts. 'Did I overlook something?' He couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing something important.

In his experience, when things didn't go as planned, it often meant that someone else held information that he didn't.

But no answer came. He was also not sure what capability she was asking about...

Then, she suggested, "Open your first meridian in front of me."

 

Launch Alert! Join my Patreon. 🎉
12 advanced chapters for only $2.99.

https://www.patreon.com/Mythrnl

 

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You! ⟱

5