Chapter Forty-Two
43 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you want to watch?” Gu Qingfeng asked the pale faced Wen Xi as they stood in front of the digital board showing the day’s movie screening times. “The rated one?” he winked as he tried to playfully put his arm around Wen Xi’s waist.

Reflexively slapping his hand away with a growl before immediately regretting the sudden movement, Wen Xi groaned as he stretched his aching back.

“Damned energetic pig bastard,” Wen Xi grumbled under his breath, feeling the effects of the previous night’s excessive exercise session. How was it that the fox demon was still so spirited and active? Damn it, he was going to have to work out more often to keep up.

“Are you alright?” Gu Qingfeng asked guiltily, concernedly massaging the other’s back. “Are you sure you don’t want to go back and rest?”

Pushing Gu Qingfeng away as he looked around self-consciously, Wen Xi said, “I’m fine, don’t stand so close, there’s a lot of A Uni students here.” Then in a lower voice, with the tips of his ears flushed red, “It’s our first official date, even if my legs are broken I will drag myself out of bed.”

How can my boyfriend be so cute? Gu Qingfeng gripped his chest after getting hit by the super effective cute boyfriend arrow. Grinning suggestively, he said, “It’s okay we can have a proper date next time, let’s go back to bed—”

“—you dare?!”

“Senior Wen?” a delicate female voice called out, preventing Wen Xi from going on a rampage.

The two pretty girls walked up to the duo, the one with the high ponytail saying, “Undying ge? Is this our lucky day? We get to see our great leader in person!”

Wen Xi forced a smile on his face as he greeted the girls and did the introductions. “Pretty and Leaf, this is Gu Qingfeng, my… friend. And the leader of Windy Seas,” he introduced, inwardly sighing as their eyes lit up—as expected of the typical reaction to the handsome pig bastard’s face.

Moving on to introduce the girls, he said, “Qingfeng, these are my guild members, Pretty Clothes Farmer and Leaf Me Alone, they are…” he could not quite remember their actual names or areas of study. Having rarely joined their offline gatherings, it was a feat for him to even remember their faces to begin with. “…they study at A University as well,” he finished off with a nod.

Not taking any offense, the high ponytail girl stuck out her hand for a handshake. “Ye Xiaosi, Leaf Me Alone. Great work in the guild war! I really thought we were going to win. Do you guys have a spy in our guild? How did you know what we were going to do?”

Cautiously looking at his vinegar jar boyfriend, Gu Qingfeng gave her hand a quick shake before letting go. “Haha, no, we just planned a few scenarios and it happened to line up that’s all. And you must be…”

“Pretty Clothes Farmer, Miao Yixian,” the shorter girl with delicately curled shoulder length hair answered with a shy wave and a glance at Wen Xi. “I’m actually Senior Wen’s junior of two years, in engineering as well.”

Wen Xi looked at her in surprise, he thought that he would remember if he had a direct junior in their guild. He had to go back and ask Jun Yingzhe about it.

“Oh a junior?” Gu Qingfeng repeated, his guards automatically up as he detected some familiar interest from Miao Yixian towards his boyfriend. Putting a possessive arm around Wen Xi’s shoulder, he said, “Nice to meet you, Wen Xi’s junior.”

Holding back his automatic flinch at the close proximity in front of strangers, Wen Xi tried to act natural, justifying in his mind, It’s like Yingzhe putting an arm around me—he does it all the time, it’s very normal, nothing out of the ordinary.

“Are you guys watching a movie by yourselves? Do you want to watch together?” Ye Xiaosi proposed while nudging her friend to cooperate. “We also wanted to watch a movie, we can watch anything!”

Knowing that his boyfriend was looking forward to their first date together, Gu Qingfeng started to reject, “Sorry, we—”

“Actually we have four free passes that we got as a gift which would work out great for the four of us,” Miao Yixian added, her eyes gleaming as she looked at Wen Xi.

Wouldn’t you like to get your grubby little paws on my boyfriend? Who needs your free passes? You think laozi has no money? Gu Qingfeng shot daggers with his eyes at the girl while his arm around Wen Xi tightened reflexively. Declaring with great satisfaction, “Actually we are on a date—”

Sensing Gu Qingfeng’s train of thought, Wen Xi hurriedly interrupted in a panic, speaking loudly to cover Gu Qingfeng’s voice, “Fine, let’s watch a movie.” Pushing aside the sinking feeling in his stomach at his interrupted date, Wen Xi muttered to Gu Qingfeng, “It’s just a movie.”

Belatedly realizing the reason for his boyfriend’s reaction, Gu Qingfeng remorsefully hung his head. He had to learn to be more patient with his self-conscious boyfriend. Whispering an apology to Wen Xi, he said, “It officially starts only after the movie, okay?”

Wen Xi inclined his head slightly in reply.

The girls did not notice their interaction in their excitement at watching a movie with two tall, good-looking guys, animatedly discussing which movie to watch.

“That one,” Wen Xi pointed at the rated gore action thriller movie poster, pointedly ignoring the romantic comedy poster next to it.

Gu Qingfeng looked concernedly at Wen Xi—wasn’t this the kid who covered his eyes and had trouble sleeping whenever he watched a horror movie? Has his tastes changed over the years? They had initially intended to watch the romantic comedy, which was more up Wen Xi’s alley.

The faces of the girls fell as they reluctantly agreed. They had hoped the romantic comedy, or the steamy rated romance would help set the mood, but if the handsome young man chose what was said to be the scariest action-packed thriller of the year, they had no choice but to go along with it.

1