Chapter – 29
1.2k 12 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Your party defeated Fire Elemental.

Exp: +100.

 

Yuki read the notification and squealed in joy. A hundred fucking exp points! It was her first ever real battle, and they won! She hopped around, too excited to stay still. When hopping wasn’t enough, she danced and even shook her tail.

“Yuki, the hero! Yuki, the adventurer!”

Something clattered, and Yuki paused briefly to ensure it wasn’t another enemy. Jenny sat, looking at the ground, both hands covering her face. The woman’s breath was frantic and irregular, but Yuki understood. The short battle had also taken its toll on the rabbit, even if she didn’t move as much as Jenny. She could imagine how tired the girl was.

Yuki left Jenny to rest and continued her celebration. It was just a hundred exp, but better than the ten points she got from killing the weasel. She had stopped paying attention to the exp counter back at the manor. Watching the single daily exp point made her too anxious, but now she was on the path of evolution.

The room still reeked of magic. When Yuki entered the forge, the smell was so strong she even sneezed. Worse, the smell — burnt wood, blood, and a hint of sulfur — made her think of the lord’s office. She never got to explore the room and see what the magic there was about. She danced toward the fallen elemental.

The remainder of the elemental cooled fast. It left a glob of black metal behind, and Yuki couldn’t smell any more magic from it. She inspected the thing for anything valuable, but it was just a slag of metal.

Jenny still sat looking at the ground. Yuki hopped closer, then on the woman’s lap. Jenny jerked, startled.

“It’s safe, pet,” Yuki said, trying to calm down the woman. “I’ll protect you!” she boasted. She settled into a comfortable position and rubbed her cheeks against Jenny’s hands.

It took a moment, but Jenny’s fingers moved to the right spots. The purring started soon after. Jenny was proving to be a good pet. Yuki didn’t even have to teach the woman about petting needs, Jenny offered them freely! Comfortable and content, she called out her status. The goblet on the landing page was almost empty. Yuki did the math. She started with six magic points and used two to heal Jenny after the fall. The regeneration hadn’t kicked in yet, and she used three more points to cast [Wrack]. She eyed the goblet.

 

Magic Points: 2/18(20).

 

Where had that extra magic point come from? Yuki willed the logs to display past messages. She looked at the message about the berries. That was nice — a way to restore magic points. She hopped out of Jenny’s lap and into the bag. She dug the berries out and dragged them to the woman. With careful movements, she untangled the shirt and looked at the berries.

Some of them had burst open, but most were still intact.

Yuki nodded in satisfaction. They deserved a treat after that battle. She took one berry, hopped on Jenny’s lap, dropped the berry, and went down to get more.

Jenny looked frazzled, she took the berry on her lap and popped it in her mouth. She sighed, long and lewd. Yuki snickered at the girl’s reaction. What was with that? It was like the girl had never eaten anything sweet and spicy at the same time. Since they had time, she also looked at her magic skills. Invocation sat at forty four while Shaping was at forty three. That was good progress, but it was probably the low-hanging fruit.

Yuki nibbled another berry. The sweet spiciness left a pleasant tingle in her mouth. She ate a few more until the MP notification popped up. She could cast [Wrack] again with three more magic points if needed. It wasn’t ideal, but it was better than being defenseless in this place. If Jenny could use magic, it wouldn’t be so bad.

“We’re going to long rest.” Yuki sighed. “A lot,” she added a few moments later. Jenny startled again. What was up with the girl?

Yuki’s mind wandered, thinking about the series. Add the horn and pink skin, and Jenny could play Nixie. Keep the sapphire eyes, though. Jenny’s eyes were too pretty to replace with Nixie’s all-black.

Yuki hopped out and set to explore. Now that the crossbow had broken, Jenny needed a new weapon. It would have been easier if Yuki had known which weapons Jenny could use. She stopped in her tracks and looked back.

Jenny still sat, munching on the berries. The battle must have taken much more from the blondie than Yuki expected. Yuki hopped closer and then called out. “Status.” Her landing page showed up. “System, can you show me my familiar character sheet?” She called out.

Yuki waited and waited, but no additional information showed up. Shouldn’t Yuki be able to check her own familiar status? Wasn’t this how it worked on all those games she played? Even if she couldn’t see the entire thing, the summoner usually had access to some information about their familiar. She willed the system to provide the character sheet. It didn’t. She hopped around Jenny, thinking.

Could it be that Jenny didn’t have a character sheet? Yuki had assumed everyone in this world had one, but maybe she was wrong. If only they could talk with each other. Yuki’s attempts at speaking weren’t good enough, and she still didn’t know the local language besides a few words.

There was one way to test things, though. Yuki could access her system by speaking the word status. She only needed to convince Jenny to repeat it. It shouldn’t be that hard, right? Just keep saying status until the blondie repeated it. Easy peasy. Even a baby could copy things, right?

Next chapter tomorrow. Thank you for reading!

I forgot to add: This is the video series I was talking about: Long Rest

93