10: Providing an Explanation for a Strange Disease
431 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The disease that your sister is suffering from is extremely rare, and currently there are only ten people, including your sister, who have this disease. The name of this disease is World Energy Excess, a disease or rather a symptom of a condition that causes someone to have a certain excess. However, this can only be known a few months from now, precisely six months from now," Rio said seriously.

Rian was shocked and confused to hear Rio's explanation. He had no idea that this strange disease was experienced by more than one person, including nine others.

"That's impossible! No one has ever mentioned this strange disease!" Rian firmly denied.

"Indeed, not many people in this world know about it. However, the reality is that this disease is truly experienced by nine other people, just like your sister," Rio said, trying to convince Rian.

Rio further explained about the World Energy Excess or Sleep Overload experienced by Rian's sister. This symptom explains that those who experience this condition have excessive energy, which causes them to sleep for a certain period.

Although they wake up occasionally, their body's metabolism forces them to sleep as a form of defense. This process helps protect the body from damage caused by excess energy.

However, when they move or engage in too much activity, their body will forcibly sleep to avoid excessive fatigue. Even though they are forced to sleep while in a sleep state, their body will continue to move on its own to force the consumption of the available energy, or more commonly known as Sleepwalking. Continuous activity while in a sleep state can cause excessive strain on the body and ultimately lead to death.

Rian fell silent in his thoughts after hearing Rio's explanation about the disease his sister was experiencing. Although initially doubtful, Rio assured him that this disease would heal on its own in six months, coinciding with the new year.

Rian felt the need to trust Rio, although still skeptical. Rio offered him the opportunity to meet people who experienced similar conditions as Rian's sister, on the condition that Rian worked as Rio's subordinate. Although initially refusing, Rian eventually accepted the offer after contemplating for a while and setting some conditions that needed to be fulfilled.

Of course, let's continue with the conditions proposed by Rian.

Rian firmly stated the conditions he desired.

"First, I want to clearly know the identities of the nine people who are experiencing the same condition as my sister."

"Of course, no problem." Rio casually agreed, feeling that there was no issue in providing that information.

"I request money, I don't fully trust your statements. If there is a cure for my sister, I want to have that money to heal her." Then, Rian conveyed the second condition.

"No problem!" Rio firmly agreed to the condition, realizing that the value of paper money is not significant in the future, and he can fulfill Rian's request. Because in the future, only food, drinks, medications, and weapons hold value. Paper money in the future becomes useless paper, and at most, some people use it as toilet paper.

Hearing Rio agree to everything made Rian somewhat skeptical at first. However, Rian was desperate and only Rio might truly be able to heal Rian's sister, so Rian would accept it. 

7