Chapter 2: Highschool of the Dead?
203 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After succesfully establishing his new identity.

Dante looked up in the sky to see the position of the sun and can tell that it's only about 6-7 am in the morning.

He has yet to know which world he is currently in. But based on the facts he can see some high-rise buildings in the distance, it can basically confirmed that he is in modern day world, more likely in japan as the place he is currently in giving a japanese park vibes?

Well he just hopes that he will not be thrown on some fucked-up anime world.

"Now then... Let's get going." 

Dante walked towards the road in the park looking for people to ask direction.

While humming, he is constantly imagining which anime world he is in, then suddenly stop on his track when he think of something important

"Shit... I don't know how to communicate in Japanese, is there a substitle if I conversed with them?"

"Well? Something is not right....  Why do I have a perfect recollection of all the scenes on the anime or manga that I've seen?"

"This seems like photographic memory or some sorts that only works on Anime."

"Also, why I can suddenly understand their language?"

"Is this some kind of hidden benifit so I won't be troubled when visiting other worlds later..."

Dante was astounded and he wanted to give a thumbs up to his cheat for having this amazing and convenient ability.

"Then should I try to recall Berserk?"

"...."

"Fuck!!!" Dante clutched his chest in pain, he regret recalling a certain scene in Berserk.

He almost angrily shout out, "GRIFFFIIITH!!!"

This anime traumatized him a bit, and it really hits different now that he has an adult mind.

It's really strange that he kind of receptive watching this kind of anime when he is a teen, and when his thinking matured, he doesn't have the guts to watch those anime with tragedy anymore.

"Hell, this ability seems a bit troublesome.. it feels like I just watched the anime again, even the feels when watching them cameback... This will affect my actions later when I will be swayed by my emotions." 

Dante shook his head in annoyance, worried that this will influence him in later decisions.

Maybe he couldn't help himself from beating those he finds annoying character as his feeling to punch them in the face will always be there.

"Anyways, this is better than nothing since I almost forgot all the anime I've watched."

"Well, for now I just hope that I will not be spotted by some japanese police since I don't have an ID." 

He shrugged and continued walking, throwing this troublesome thing out his mind. 

After walking for a couple minutes, he slows down and thought, "Strange... why I don't seem to see any people here?" 

It's morning and he kind of expected to see at least some people jogging, a group of family touring or a couple doing an indescridable morning exercise on secluded trees.

He continued walking on the stone road feeling weird, and when he almost left the garden-like area of the park, he seems to hear a loud noise coming from the distance.

*Rumble*

'Hmm? What's that sound?' Thinking of this, he turned his head back to find the source of the noise and his eyes widen on what he saw.

"FUCK!!!" 

Dante stared in horror as a huge shadow flew pass over his head.

It's a fucking passenger plane with its wing engines burning.

"Shiiit.... What the fuck is going on." 

*Boom!*

He stood petrified as he watch the plane crashed onto the distance.

The crash of the plane seems to trigger some kind of chain reaction, what follows are smoke and fire coming out the distant buildings, even he could hear some scream and explosion from afar.

"Don't tell me I'm really in some fucked up world!"

Dante stood absentmindedly as he watched the whole city broke into a chaos.

After a long while he came back to his senses and cursed, "Fuck... what kind of world did I end up to?"

"What should I do... Do I need to run out of this park to know what's going on? But this seems like a dangerous move?"

Dante starting to panic a little bit, it's not even an hour since he traveled so it will not come out strange if he couldn't adapt to the sudden change of event.

He's getting worried if there was a war going on this world, what if this country experienced another change of high temperature and it happens to drop on top his head?

What if there was a big motherfucking creature coming out of dimensional portal wreaking havoc?

Lots of scenario crosses his mind and it made him a bit messy.

"Well fuck it! Its better to see the situation clearly." 

For Dante, this isn't the time to act cowardly or else he won't know how he died later if he doesn't know what the hell is going to happen.

He look around for a bit and after determining the direction of the noises of people screaming, he quicken his pace towards that place and it didn't take long for him to reach the open field in the park.

He open his mouth in surprise as a he sees dozens of people running for their life.

There were also hundreds of bloodied figures chasing behind them, some of them are moving slowly while some of them are fast but their running posture is a bit comical.

There's even a small figure crawling on ground with super fast speed and suddenly jump up towards the back of a JK girl and thrown her to the ground.

The JK girl struggles but she was bitten on the back of her neck and blood started spurting out until she stopped screaming. 

A guy in business suit pushed a beautiful woman holding his hand towards the creatures chasing him in attempt to slow down them but was still caught up by the running creatures.

He also watches as some people trip and are quickly caught up by those slow-moving figures; they can only cry hysterically as they helplessly watch themselves getting eaten alive.

Dante froze in place as all the screaming noise on the field eventually died down, leaving only the sound of those creatures gnawing on the flesh and bones.

After a while of being shock seeing the gruesome scene, he snap out of his daze and cursed a bit loud, "Holy shit!" 

'Are they freaking zombies? Is this for real... Did I end up in the world of Highschool of the Dead?' Dante thought but quickly denied this idea.

The zombies on that world are just a slow moving experience points and there's no fucking way you would see a loli zombie crawling fast on that world.

And for a moment, he is disappointed when he reailized that he won't be able to see his waifu Saeko Busujima in this world. 

While Dante was immersed in his own sad world, the zombies feasting on the dead bodies also stop what they are doing after hearing his noise.

Dantealso got a goosebumps when he sees the zombies with torn faces, broken limbs, turning their head mechanically to his direction,

"Shit..." Seeing this, Dante cursed himself from being a dumbass for making a side character mistake.

Of course as a zombies, they are easily attracted to the sounds and his loud mouth would really attract them.

The zombies stood up from the dead bodies and began marching to his direction.

Even the loli zombie open her mouth to utter a scream then started crawled on the ground and gallop to his location like a spider.

"Oh fuck!" Seeing the loli zombie coming to him menacingly, he began to get nervous.

Although he was a bit panicky on the outside, but he is not really afraid of zombies.

He even breathe a sigh of relief when he knows that there only zombie apocalypse going on on this world.

The source of his confidence of course was his cheat.

The zombie's claws and teeth alone wouldn't be able pierce his flesh as long as he covered his whole body with slime suit.

Although it would still hurt if he was somehow bitten, at least he can still bear the pain as long he doesn't get turn into a zombie.

When the zombie loli is only about a fifty meters away from him.

Dante spread his both hands and his slime clothing started squirming and flowing until it covered his whole body like a cocoon.

In an instant, his black hoodie outfit was replaced by a all gothic style hooded trench cloak, vest, gloves, pants, and boots. Even his face was covered by a mask with only eyes exposed.

After changing his outfit, a black slime started flowing out his right hand and took shape of the katana.

He quicky grasp it with both hands and take a stance to meet the oncoming loli zombie.

Although his katana mastery is only level one, it's enough for him to fight along with his slime suit.

He stared at the loli zombie with consternation while gripping the hilt tightly.

And when the loli zombie is only about three meters, she exerted a strength on her legs and leap up forward with her claws.

'This is my chance...' Upon seeing this, Dante raised the katana above his head, took one step forward and slashed down horizontally.

"Haah!" With a shout, his full blow succesfully landed on the loli zombie's head.

The blood and brain residues splashing out when the katana split the left side her head to her right  jaw.

Dante quickly step sideways to avoid colliding with the falling body. 

But some of the blood even landed on his clothes, and the predator slime eagerly devoured it making his clothes clean again.

After a succesful first blood, a notification sounded on his mind.

[Ding! You killed an H grade creature, you have obtained 10 experience points]

His experience gauge was immediately filled up with 10%, then another notification sounded.

[You have obtained a 1 Star Zombie Bloodline .]

[Do you want to fuse with the Zombie Bloodline, Y/N?]

When he heard this, Dante immediately shouted, "Hell NO!"

Like fucking hell does he wanted to become a zombie, as the bloodline was also graded, it means he could also upgrade this bloodline.

And a 1 star bloodline would take 5 origin points to upgrade to 2 Star

But there's no fucking way he would use it on himself, he doesn't want to have a rotting body.

it's also a question if he could remain sane when this low grade zombie blood fuses with him.

Maybe he already become a mindless zombie before he can even upgrade this bloodline.

For now, he would store this zombie blood on the ability pool.

That's right, he can put away those bloodline and ability he didn't like on "ability pool" and if someone wanted to use it on the future, they can take it out and use it.

Now is not the time to think about this because dozens of a fast moving zombie already came.

Dante get nervous when he see this and it will be troublesome if he get surrounded by them.

"Shit, there are quite many of you... How about you guys come one by one?" Dante started talking nonsense with mindless zombies but they only answered him with a, *Rawr*

"So, no then?" Upon seeing this, he immediately ran away.

He doesn't want to experience being bitten by a dozens of zombie. It alreadt made him shiver just thinking about this 

While running, he is scanning the surrounding trees, and after finding a rather tall and sturdy tree, he immediately run towards it while raising his left hand and summon another ball of slime.

With a thought, he morph the ball of slime into a grappling hook and thrown it on the sturdy branch.

After succesfully hooking up the branch, he quickly manipulate to shorten the rope of the hook and it made his whole body lunge upward and grasp the branch to pull his body up.

After climbing on this safe spot, Dante gasp for breath and leaned on the trunk feeling tired, "Ha... This is freaking exhausting."

Although, he only fought one loli zombie. But it immediately drained him of his energy after the battle as his tense nerves relaxed.

This whole ordeal make him mentally and physically exhausted. He doesn't even have a time to get used to his current identity and was immediately force into shitty circumstances.

After calming a bit, he now has the time observe and look down below and saw the fast zombies were already underneath him, they are looking up at him groaning eager for his flesh and blood.

Even the slow moving zombies were also catching up.

The dead bodies on the open field of the park also began convulsing, their limbs also started twisting in strange posture until they rose up from ground and transformed into a new zombies.

--------

Please support me in https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Paksss 

Please support/donate and it will help me motivated ($$$) in continuing this fic.

8