PPEB: Phil’s New Mission
300 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

I also have another Fanfiction going on Webnovel.com 'Uchiha's Genjutsu Demon' which has close to 390 chps. Do check it out as well.

_____________________________________________________________

"The scientist who tried to re-create the serum has been killed."

[Do we have the serum that he created or do we know who did it?]

"The only thing we know for now is that the serum wasn't successful..the man aged more than 10 years in just 1 day. I think he injected in into himself and something went wrong. He also seemed to be psychologically unstable as per the kids."

[Kids?]

"Yes, Agent Coulson. He had a verbal spat with two kids near their school. It was caught on CCTV so I came to the precinct to interview the kids. One of the kids is a detective's son so I couldn't ask anything in detail. But I could determine from their statement that he looked older than his biological age and that he was behaving unstable."

[Alright…focus on finding who killed him and who hired him to make the serum in the first place. I have already sent a team to find the lab he could be working from. I'll give the report to Director Fury]

"Got it Phil" Sophia or it would be more fitting to say that Sheild agent Natasha Romanoff said and cut the call. 

On the other side, as Phil put his phone back in his pocket, he turned around and saw Director Nick Fury and another woman standing with him. He signaled them to come in and greeted them "Director Fury and Vice Director Maria Hill, I was just about to come to you."

Maria Hill was Director Fury's Right-hand woman. Her official post was the Vice Director but she mostly followed Director Fury as a secretary. She was the one Director Fury trusted the most and she knew every secret of Sheild. 

"What's the matter, Phil? You going somewhere?" Directory Fury asked to which Phil nodded and said "Yes Director…I just received a report from Agent Romanoff that someone was trying to replicate the serum given to Captain America. For now, he is found dead and the local authorities are investigating it."

"That Serum? Was the culprit able to replicate it?" Maria asked with a concerned look on her face. 

"Not according to the latest report but until the detective investigating the crime scenes officially writes a report or reveals any information, we can't say for sure." 

"We fight such threats every day Phil, what caused you to be so concerned about it?" Fury asked. He knew that this wasn't as serious as Phil was making it seem. 

Phil shook his head and said "Ever since Tony Start has found out that it was us that sent Romanoff to him, he has been keeping an eye on her. We expected this since Stark doesn't wish to share the technology of IRON MAN with anyone but being on a watchlist spooks Romanoff a little. I think I should go and visit Tony Stark once. 

"Howard Stark is someone the entire Sheild Respects him as one of the three founders. Tell Romanoff to not worry about being watched by Tony. We need to gain his trust and the only way to do that is to show him a little transparency." Phil nodded at Nick's suggestion. He also agreed that Tony Stark was not a bad person. 

"I will handle it sir. Is there anything else?" Phil asked since Fury wasn't turning around. 

"The energy signature that we received from New York City a few days ago. I haven't received any updates on it." Nick said to which Phil looked a little hesitant and said "We found no traces to prove that claim.. in fact, the equipments are being tested right now since many believe this could be a glitch. Both the teams that we sent for investigation returned empty-handed because the location wasn't pinpointed and it was a normal residential neighborhood. We even checked the police records for the day and no crime or unusual activity was observed in that time frame."

"Hmm…I have something else for you…but you already have your hands full." Director Fury said as he was about to turn around when Phil asked "What happened?" 

Fury turned back and said "We got a special request from the military…they want us to find a man named Brue Banner. Higher-ups in the military are going full throttle to find one man. I wanted to know why and if we should stay away from this or not."

Maria slid the tablet in her hand towards Director Fury while clicking something on it and showing something. "He is one of our top Strike team agents. Personally recruited by Alexander Pierce. Should I send him on this mission? Agent Phil can join him after he finishes his meeting with Tony Stark."

As Fury took the tablet from Maria's hand and started reading it himself, Phil gave a subtle nod to Maria as a gesture of thanking her for coming up with a solution immediately.

"Hmm…Agent Brock Rumlow…his profile is impressive. The Strike team proved to be a wonderful initiative. Brief him on the mission and Phil, I expect you to get back by tomorrow." Fury said and left.

"Got it Boss." Phil nodded affirmatively. 

________________________________________________________________

Smith Residence. (10 mins later)

"I think they are back" Maya said as she looked at Elise's car pull up in the driveaway. She was putting on decorations for the kids. As soon as her voice reached everyone in the house, Derek who was busy blowing balloons, and the two ladies, Mrs Smith and Jared's Aunt May, left all their work and came toward the window. As the two ladies saw Jared and Ryan step out of the car, they immediately gunned for the door. 

"Stay in both of you." Mrs Smith said as she glanced at Maya and Derek. Derek who was already standing to through the door was stopped by Maya as she said "It looks pretty serious. Let's stay out of it for now…we will squeeze it out of Ryan later."

Understanding that this was a serious matter, Derek just nodded and sat back to inflate balloons. 

Outside the house, just as the two ladies stepped out, they hugged the boys. Jared was a little taken aback by this but it wasn't like he could push May away. 

Mrs Smith looked at Ryan and said "Your father called…he told me that you guys got into with a guy who ended up getting murdered later." 

"Are you two hurt?" May asked as she looked at Jared. Jared shook his head and said "No Aunt May…when we encountered him, he was pretty much alive and Ryan's father arrived shortly so he went his way."

Both the women sighed in relief as they heard this. By this time, Detective Elise also stepped out of the car and said "The kids are right…we only brought them to the station since they were the last ones to see the victim alive. It was pure procedure and they gave good statements to the detectives at the precinct as well as the FBI." 

"The FBI is involved in this?" May asked with a shocked expression pulling Jared closer again. 

"Yes…we also don't know much. Mathew is at the crime scene…He said he will come here soon." Elise assured which eased the expressions of worry from the women's faces.

"Thank you Detective Elise for being with the kids. Things happened so fast that by the time I found out, they were already at the Precinct and we couldn't just leave everything here." Mrs Smith thanked Elise.

"That's alright…I will take my leave now." Elise said as opened the car door.

"Oh come on…you are already here…Might as well come inside and celebrate with the kids. I insist." Mrs Smith said with a bright smile.

Elise hesitated a little but Mrs Smith was adamant so she also came in. 

Jared's POV

As I entered the house, I saw the twins running behind each other with toys in hand. Derek was surrounded by colorful balloons and Maya was sticking the letters Happy Birthday on the wall.

"You guys seem to be having fun." I joked to which Maya walked towards me and handed me the tape and scissors and said "I have other things to do as well. I am going home to change and by the time I come back, I hope the decorations are in place."

Seeing the good opportunity, Derek also handed Ryan a pack of deflated balloons and said "I need to shower…I will be back in an hour…promise." 

"So who is gonna spill what happened?" Maya asked as she looked at me and Ryan. It wasn't as serious as others made it look but this wasn't the right time to say it.

"We will talk about it at night." Ryan said. Derek wasn't one with patience so he wanted to convince Ryan and that's when we heard a metal sound followed by the kids' screams.

This alerted everyone in the house including Elise who was talking with the two other ladies in the kitchen. 

Everyone ran toward the bathroom trying to find out what had happened.

___________________________________________________________________

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

14