PPEB: Preparation for Ambition
329 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you informed the other detectives and Captain about this yet?" Elise asked to which Mathew replied "Yeah I did…everything in the precinct is in upheaval. Forget about all that for now and let's go down. The other kids will start coming soon." Mathew then knocked on the door and said "Kids…come out now. We should go back down."

"Ryan don't let them know we heard them. Just act like you normally do" I said to which Ryan nodded and said "Coming"

After a few minutes, the 4 of us came down to the main hall and the kids had already started coming. Of course, they were accompanied by at least one parent. 

"Hey, what were you doing up there?" A voice came from behind me. As I turned back I saw Peter sitting at the dining table along with two of his friends…Ned and Liz.

I could understand Peter being here since Aunt May and Mrs Smith are friends and all but what about Ned and Liz? They don't even know Ryan or the two little ones. But before I could ask Liz got up and said "We were just walking Peter home since they are in the same direction and Mrs Smith insisted we come to the party as well. I hope that's not a problem." The tone in her voice suggested she was a bit hesitant and embarrassed.

"No problem at all…I am sure the twins would love to meet you." I said to which Liz looked up and smiled. The way she looked at me in the eye was noticed by Ned because the next second he also got up and said "We normally don't walk home together… it's just that Peter was feeling down due to Professor…" Ned was saying but Peter nudged him with his hand to stop talking. 

"Feeling down? Why what happened?" I asked to which Peter pushed the fatty aside and said "Nothing Jared…he doesn't know what he is talking about." 

I kind of had an inkling as to what happened. It must be the same professor that Peter told me about this morning. 

"I am sure Peter can solve any problems that he faces at school." I said and walked away. 

Third Person POV

As Jared left, Peter and his friends sat back in their chairs "Ned…what were you thinking blabbering in front of my brother?"

"What? He is your brother…why don't you tell him?" Ned said.

"But" Peter was about to retaliate but Liz stopped him and said "Ned is right you know…what Professor Moris did today was uncalled for. He only asked you the hardest questions…I am telling you he is finding ways to lower your score for the entire semester Peter." 

'I already told Jared about Professor Morris this morning…if he hears the name again then nothing good will come of this.' Peter thought. 

He then assured Ned and Liz as he said "Like Jared said…I will handle the problem myself. You two are worrying for no reason."

About half an hour later, the birthday party started. Many other children from the twins' class came with their parents and eventually, the entire house was crawling with kids.

While Jared mostly helped out wherever needed people started to leave as well. The first one to leave was Detective Elise followed by Ned and Liz and all the other kids. By the end of the night, Jared also left with Aunt May and Peter. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Parker Residence. (9.30 PM)

Jared's POV

As we came back home, we all were pretty tired. Luckily Aunt May hadn't told Peter about the murder or there would be a ton of questions from this guy.

As I was walking towards my room, my attention went to the newspaper kept on the table and I saw the same photo I had seen in Elise's car. 

'Jakuna Singh…Jakuna…Ohhh now I remember…isn't he one of the members of the World Security Council.' The name clicked and wheels started turning in my head as I took the paper and went into my room.

____________________________

Next Day

As I woke up in the morning, I looked at my computer whose screen was still on. The screen had many tabs opened and they had all the information available regarding Jakuna Singh on the public domain. 

'I prefer to know as much as I can about the target before I approach him.' Last night after coming home, I researched everything about Jakuna Singh and his upcoming project. Obviously, none of it had any information about him being a part of the World Security Council but I got to know where he will be staying and also that he is coming today itself… he should have already landed this morning.

As I used my hand to grab the side of my bed to sit up straight, I heard a cracking sound. I loosened my grip and saw the wood had cracked due to my grip.

'The bed isn't in such a bad condition that it will crack because I held it tight…something isn't right.' I thought and held the frame a little softy this time and sat up. 

As I got out of bed, I slid one of my hands under the entire bed and tried to lift it. It would have taken all my strength to even lift it a few cm from the ground but right now I was lifting it nearly 15 cm without even much effort. This strength wasn't too godlike like Thor or anything but it was way above normal standards. 

For the next few minutes I tried my strength on different things and even broke a few but I got the hang of it. I also checked my weight but it was average for someone my height and age. I also hadn't suddenly gained six-pack abs or anything. I didn't know if this was connected to my powers or not but a little extra strength wouldn't hurt. 

An hour later, me and Peter were on our way to school. He was reading some kind of reference book so the walk went pretty quiet until we reached school. 

"Peter…I want to ask you a favor." 

Peter looked up from his book and wrinkled his eyebrows and asked "A favor? What is it?"

"After my project submission today I have a date so I won't come at the usual time. I need you to cover for me." Well, I need to come up with a pretty good reason if I am going to go out.

I expected Peter to just say yes and we could move on but he seemed a bit worried suddenly.

"What is it? Blurt it out." I asked in a bored tone to which he asked "Is it Liz? Are you going out on a date with her?" 

"Huh? Liz? You mean your friend that I just met yesterday? Why would you think that?"

"Wellllll…you know. Last night me and Ned noticed how she was looking at you from the start and even the whole time when we were at Ryan's place. So I thought you were going with her." 

"No, it's not her. I mean she is beautiful and I would have no problem going with her but I thought you liked her." I said. Of course, I wouldn't mind going with her because I know MJ is the one suitable for him.

As far as this timeline is concerned, Liz's dad and the employees at 'Bestman Salvage' haven't yet lost their business and won't start their illegal activities until the Chitauri war so there is a good chance that my interference can save him from going to the dark side and he could even be used to me. 

"Peter…I saw how you were at Ryan's house yesterday. You behave so differently in front of her that someone would think you are in a straight jacket." 

"What are you saying, Jared…It doesn't make any sense." Peter argued. He thought he was pretty normal with Liz around.

"You need to find someone with whom you can be the real you…So figure it out yourself if she is the one." I said and left.

Peter's POV

After Jared dropped that Philosophical bomb on me, I was lost in thought about Liz and me. Obviously, we were far from dating right now but what Jared said…was it true? I should ask Ned about it.

But wait among all this Jared didn't tell me who he is going out on a date with. Who could it be? I mean I did see him and Maya laughing and talking together the whole time and she was also worried the most out of friends when he was ill.

Third Person POV

The rest of the school day went normal with Jared and his group submitting the project as intended. 

"The project went really well…Luckily we weren't asked any questions that we didn't prepare for." Derek said in a jolly mood with one arm around Ryan's neck.

"Ya, you and Jared owe me and Maya for making this project happen in a short time. So what do we do now? Should we go eat?" Ryan asked to which Jared stepped ahead and said "You guys go ahead…I have somewhere I need to be…will see you later." 

Before anyone could ask Jared anything, he had slipped into the crowd of students.

_________________________________________________________________________

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

11