Chapter 9: I realize the gravity of the situation.
564 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What in the name of Tartarus is this shit!"

I sighed in relief when I saw Melianna step out of her tree, even if she looked completely flabbergasted. She was staring up at her tree, seemingly in awe.

"You are going to have to be a bit more specific. Regardless of what you mean please look to your left. The tree closest to yours behind the glass wall is the one." 

She spun around and stared at the tree in question. She stared hard for a few seconds. "Yep, that is a Nymph all right, I can feel her through my roots already, I don't even have to maneuver or grow them at all. She has already latched on to me. How can I enter this wall?"

"Follow me", I saw her look disdainfully at my house as we walked around to the front of the greenhouse. I opened the door and waved her inside. She stepped through and Freya and I quickly followed behind her. We all approached the trees, and she stepped forward without hesitation and placed her hand on the trunk of the Nymph. 

"Hmm, she seems healthy, very healthy in fact. What is this? Why is she so... Ah I see, you really are..." She continued to talk incoherently to herself for a few minutes. While she was distracted, I stepped forward and placed my hand on the trunk as well. It felt oddly warm. I could sense emotions with my Empathy. Nervousness, hopefulness, Shyness. A whole mess of -ness.

"Welcome to the world little one." I whispered. I turned and Melianna was staring at me silently, watching me like a hawk. 

"So traditionally you would spend the first ten days with your child, then the father would name her in a ceremony... New nymphaea are usually born just like mortals, through the embrace of man and woman. She however was born from your blessing and Magic. My people were also born like this, from the blood of a Titan.  With you using 'The Sacred Fire', you could call her a gift from the Gods... So, we will try things a different way. You will use the blood sacrifice. You should be familiar right, you just carried it out with Freya earlier." 

"Cut your hand and place it on her trunk."

I did as I was told and pulled out my dagger and sliced my hand once again. I placed it on her trunk and waited for the message to appear.

The Newborn Epimeliade Nymph needs a name...

I will name her Luna, in honor of the moons and Freya who got us home quickly. May you bring light even in our family's darkest times.  There was a small flash on her trunk under my hand. When I pulled my hand away the cut I had previously made was already healed and my handprint was left on the trunk, glowing in white.

"Is she okay?" I didn't know it would leave a mark on her.

"Little Luna is fine. It is just a mark showing that the Naming Ceremony was accepted by the Gods. It will fade it time, the mark itself however will remain. Honestly, I am shocked to see such a sign of approval from the Gods. They are normally more... discreet when dealing with the mortal worlds sacrifice rituals...You didn't even have to do anything, the ritual practically completed itself." 

"Sacrifice rituals..." You mean the Gods want sacrifices? 

She rolled her eyes again. "What you just did was a blood sacrifice ritual, I have heard the humans like to use slaves. I doubt the Gods like that or rather I doubt they really care either way. The Gods just want small sacrifices to honor them sometimes. What you did was offer your blood in payment for their favor. You wanted to bestow a name unto her. The Gods accepted. It should be compared to when you offer a portion of your food to..."

She saw the look on my face and sighed, "you don't offer up a portion of your food do you. To think someone wouldn't offer food to the Goddess, especially since it's you..."

"Look its easy, eat your food near the central hearth, before eating toss a nice cut of the meat or prettiest vegetable into the fire and give thanks to one of the Gods. Since you are living in a dwelling or rather home, I think you should offer to Hestia. She is the Goddess of the hearth, Home and Family. She is also most likely..."  

Kaboooom!

She was interrupted by a very loud crack of thunder that made all of us jump and shook the building. Then it started to rain heavily. 

"R-right, anyway just offer a small, nice portion of your food to Goddess Hestia at every meal by tossing it in her Hearth and giving a short prayer of thanks. I am sure she will love you as she is a very beautiful, kind and caring Goddess."

"Right... I didn't know about any of that. I don't think I was ever taught anything at the orphanage. Or if I was, I can't remember it. I will redesign my home a bit and make my offerings to Lady Hestia from now on as you suggest teacher. So, is the greenhouse going to be a problem? I can remove the whole thing right now." 

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Melianna asked me while rolling her eyes at the teacher title. Especially as she is about to really become one. 

"Ahh, I will try." I walked up and placed my hand on her trunk. "Hello little Luna, I don't know if you can tell but you are inside a giant glass building right now. It is completely transparent and is there to protect you from the harsh winter snow. Would you like me to remove it? I will not mind at all if you do. I can remove it in seconds..."

Suddenly I was sensing her emotions. I have gotten good at this type of communication thanks to Kanta so it is easy to decipher the empathic feelings. I have those weird new skills for it as well, what was it called Empathic Intuition. Luna was sending me feelings of happiness and contentment. Oh, and love as well, I smiled gently when I felt her love for me. 

"Ah, so your fine with it. Especially since Aunty Melianna is here with you now right. Be sure to thank her, she came all the way here to stay with you."

Melianna blushed a bit and I did a victory pose in my mind for successfully teasing her. 

"Okay, now that Little Luna has a name, we will have to enter a sleep like state for five cycles. During this time, I will teach her everything she needs to know about being a Nymph and how to live and control her body."

"Ehhhhh! Five cycles, you mean years. I don't want you to sleep for years! I just found you both, I was looking forward to spending lots more time with you!"

"Don't worry it is just a short time. It will pass before you even know it. It is a necessary part of being born as a Nymph. I have to impart the knowledge of our kind, teach her to use her abilities, how to grow and move her roots. It isn't something one can pick up instantly. It takes time.

Before we sleep though, I need to tell you some things. You seem totally ignorant about...well pretty much everything, so pay attention. I was planning to teach you slowly over the next half cycle, but this is somewhat of an emergency. These are the most important things to keep in mind in order to live happily and safely."

"Rule number one, don't insult any Gods, be careful what you say, you never know who might be observing you or listening. I have known you for a short time and I can already tell you have a habit of shooting off your mouth. Be pious and respectful, honor the gods when you can. You don't need to bow and scrape unless one appears before you in person. Always be polite and conscientious in your Divine Dealings." 

"Rule number two, some monsters or creatures have the protection of the Gods, so you should try not to kill them. Like those shitty Satyrs for example. If any such blessed creature bothers you, try to capture or trap them, knock them out or tie them up. Then remove or relocate them, just don't kill them. You could anger their Patron God and end up being punished. Blessed creatures are always intelligent and can communicate in some form, so you can tell that way. If it seems like a savage beast and attacks or tries to harm you, use your discretion and look at their status. You should have the skills for it right? If they don't have any blessings feel free to kill them. If they do and they still attack you, you have no choice but to escape or defend yourself. Just be aware that to offend any god or major spirit can have very detrimental effects on your life. So be careful! Sometimes it's best to keep your head down and stay out of trouble."

"Rule three, do not harm the forest or any nature really. I can already feel the aura of despair that you caused by harming the forest has pretty much disappeared. I don't know what you did, but you obviously made amends somehow and it was accepted by the forest. Keep doing that until you have made peace with all you have harmed. This is a Sacred Forest, almost everything here has a spirit. Normal mortals are not even supposed to be here. The forest would normally rise up to attack any aggressor or intruder. Every tree doesn't have a Nymph, but they all have spirits. So too does the rocks, the trees, the mountains, the wind...

"Just be aware and ask permission and or give thanks after taking or using something. It is only polite after all.  It doesn't matter as much in the mortal world but here in the Sacred Forest it is very important. Almost all Nature Spirits have some connection to a God or Goddess. And remember rule two, offending the Gods is very bad! They have taken offense at very trivial things before, and many lives have been ruined." 

"The final rule is actually the Divine Laws of Themis! She is the Titan Goddess of Divine Law. So naturally it would be very bad to break any of these. So, no harming any guests. If you have invited a guest into your home, they must be treated with courtesy. This is also why the Guardian has kept you from being attacked by the creatures here at your home for the most part. You were accepted as a guest of the forest, and so... you receive hospitality. Some monsters are too stupid to know what is good for them so they may attack you here anyway. If they do, know they will be punished even if you don't kill them in defense of your home." 

"Next, no incest! Keep it out of the family. That means little Luna in the future for you so far. Also, no familicide, meaning you do not kill or purposefully harm your family members. Many mortals have been cursed or punished for daring to harm their own family. It would make many of the Gods angry, especially Lady Hestia."

"Lastly there are many rules about how to honor the gods. These we will not worry about for now, except your offerings and prayers to Goddess Hestia. Just honor her at every meal or send a prayer of thanks when you enter the safety of your home. Quick, easy, and if you are lucky, you may gain her support as your Patron Goddess. And you want and need a Patron. remember what I said before, if you have a Divine Blessing, others will be wary to attack you for fear of angering your Patron. Every mortal honors Lady Hestia so she is a good choice for you. Cough..."We of the wild untamed wilderness often make offerings to Lady Artemis or the God Pan or any other number of Nature Gods. I myself worship Lady Artemis. I make many offerings and prayers especially on the Solstices or under the light of the full moons."

"Anyway, just keep these things in mind and try to keep your head down for the next five cycles. When me and little Luna wake up, we will continue your lessons in more detail. I am aware it is asking a lot from you to stay out of trouble, but please try! Sigh... I have a bad feeling about leaving you on your own, even though it is for such a short time..."

"Oh, and I don't know how I feel about these glass walls personally, I doubt I would like it. Though since she is a young apple tree she may benefit from the protection. Her kind usually does not grow this far North. So, heating this space through the winter may help keep her healthy and safe until she has enough Mana of her own to facilitate her survival."

 


 

I just nodded like a chicken pecking rice during her whole rant. I glanced up at the pouring rain as lightning once again flashed across the sky. It was getting late as well, and I was feeling completely exhausted from my day of frantic revelations. I looked towards Melianna after she finished her long spiel.

"Do you have to go to sleep right now? Can't it wait till tomorrow. Can I not still spend time with you even while you do this sleep thing? I just met Luna and I want a little time to spend with her and get to know each other better, especially as she is now listed as a member of my family. Family is very important to me!"

Melianna rubbed her forehead and looked at me with a tired gaze. "Sigh, you can spend a little time with her before, but we will not be able to speak to you or contact you during the transference. Also, it would be very bad to break the transference ritual before it is complete, so please protect us while we slumber." 

"I nodded strongly and gave her a thumbs up. "You can count on me! I will die before I let something harm you!" Oh, you said she needs mana should I give you both Mana on occasion?"

"Not needed, it's not about her having enough Mana but growing her overall capacity. Feel free to sit with us anytime during the transference ritual but remember we will not be able to answer you at all. We will seem like regular trees, so don't get frustrated okay. Usually there is a whole grove of Nymphs near the guardian who take care of any new Nymphs that are born and protect them and the one doing the transference. But it would be better for the... method of her birth to remain a secret. So, I will risk my safety to do this alone, in return protect us from any harm during these five cycles. You should be fine as long as you stay out of trouble! Now I will head back to my tree, you can stay up with Luna for tonight but as soon as you fall asleep, I will start the transference.

"Oh, one last thing, every spring you can give us some of this soil you prepared if you want, it's excellent."

Melianna walked up and hugged me. "This is a great thing you have done. So don't worry, everything will be fine." She then kissed me on the cheek and turned to walk out into the rain, presumably to get back in her tree?

I sat down and leaned my back against Luna's trunk. "Well Luna, you sure were a surprise but I am glad you are here. I always wanted a big happy family so I hope you will stay with me for a long time." I placed my right hand on her trunk, this is little Kanta, she will hatch next spring. She is an Adarna Bird and will be your big sister.

Kanta sang a short song in greeting. I sensed Luna clumsily probing her with her magic. Kanta then sang her song of tranquility. 

Freya then flopped down beside us to listen. And this is your biggest sister Freya. She will also help protect you, and if you ever need anything you can rely on either of them. Freya woofed in greeting. And curled up around me touching the side of her head to the tree. 

After that I stayed up late into the night talking with Luna, telling her and Freya about my history, all about Alex's world, and everything that has happened since I have been in the forest. Eventually, I fell asleep leaning against Lunas warm tree. I didn't want to, but Morpheus can claim you no matter how hard you wish to stay awake. Luna just basked in the warmth of her new family, even if they were a little strange in their shapes. 

"That's pretty rude Luna, making fun of their shapes like that, it's not their fault they were not born with the perfect form of a tree after all. 

Luna just blasted embarrassment. She had forgotten all about being connected to Aunty Melianna. 

"Don't call me Aunty! Remmi was just teasing me when she said that!  

Luna just giggled as she felt the blush being emitted through Melianna's roots. 

"Why you cheeky little... sigh, are you ready to begin? You will not see them for five cycles you know. However, the sooner we begin the sooner we can wake up and see them again." 

Luna was reluctant to part from her new family for so long, but she agreed to begin after feeling for them one last time...

 



 

I woke up when the sun decided to blast me in the face. I didn't know where I was at first, but I soon remembered and jumped to my feet. I glanced at the apple trees and one in particular that still had a slightly glowing handprint shining on the trunk. I placed my hand on it again and felt my magic swirling in joy at the feeling of new family. "Hah, little Luna, she said you wouldn't even know I was here, but... you don't mind if I stay with you sometimes, right?" I felt tears running down my cheeks when I thought I wouldn't feel her warmth for five whole years. "Is this how a mother feels? It sure is painful." 

"Heh, what's wrong with me? Was I that lonely inside. I only met her a day ago. Why do I feel like a piece of my heart is missing?" 

After I cried for a while Kanta eventually chirped to cheer me up, and Freya jumped up and licked my face. I giggled even through my tears. Let's go, I will redo my living room area in my house and make us some breakfast. Kanta flashed green in envy.

"Now, now, Kanta, if you want to eat you will have to come out of that egg.

Kanta flashed grey in her version of a sigh of exasperation.

I giggled again. Thanks for cheering me up you two. I then hugged Luna's tree one last time before I turned and walked out of the Greenhouse.  

I walked over to my courtyard and decided to remove my Sacred Flames from the corner pillars. It can make new life; I can't just leave it outside in the open carelessly. Plus, Melianna said everything in the forest has a spirt. That means even the stone of my courtyard, right? We wouldn't want to make an entire courtyard of Nymphs would we...

I unlocked my front door and stepped inside. The Den was still completely empty. I took some time to plan out what I wanted to make. Finally, after about ten minutes, I removed a large pile of sand and used Creation to turn it into a low glass dining table with a large think glass bowl in the center. I etched designs all over the bowl, sticking with my favorite floral design wrapping around hearth and flames, the symbol of Hestia. I filled it with clean white sand and cast a large ball of Sacred fire in the center of the bowl. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of hope and peace that suddenly filled the room. I then got out my entire roll of fabric, some wood and some iron ingots. I used Creation to make some white couches that wrapped around the table on three sides.

I then walked to my kitchen once I was happy with the design and comfort levels of the room. 

I fried up enough orc meat for me and Freya. After I was done, I took it into the Den and sat Freya's plate on the floor while I sat at the new table. I had set aside the largest juiciest piece of meat. I sat there thinking, listening to the crackling flames. "Um, Great Goddess Hestia, I offer you this meat, in return please bless my home and Family and keep them safe and happy." I then tossed the Meat into the flames. Much to my surprise, it didn't fill the room with the smell of burning flesh but instead turn into motes of golden light, which vanished and filled the room with the scent of fresh Sage. "It smells really good. Hmm, I guess that's it for now then. I will talk to you again next time..." 

"I hope I did that right...  I guess I did since something happened. She must have taken it right? It did vanish after all."

Kanta chirped and flashed agreement.

I stood up and cleaned my and Freya's plates. I then walked to my smithy. Freya followed behind me dutifully. I got out more steel and used creation to make all kinds of hammers, clamps, tongs and punches. I even made a steel workbench along one of the walls, and racks to hold my tools above the table. Next, I walked out towards the lake only stopping for a short moment to admire Melianna's massive tree as I walked by. I sighed again as I passed it... "I already miss them... Well, the best medicine for a weary heart is to stay busy during the day and cry it out at night."

After I walked to the far side of the lake, I walked to the river. I was about to just take a lot of clay, but remembering what Melianna told me I bowed to the river. "Um, escuse me. My name is Remmi and I really need some clay from your bank. Would you mind if I took enough to build a forge?" I stood there bowing for a while until I felt a spray of water hit my face. I looked up and there were many blue balls of light floating on the water. They then flew to the bank and circled one area. I followed and looked at the lights as they danced around. "Are you saying it's okay for me to dig the clay from here?" They bobbed up and down. "Okay, I'm sorry for taking so much from you before without asking. I was ignorant of everything as I had lost most of my memories. I will be more courteous in the future."

I Used Earth Magic to extract about six tons of clay. That sounds like a lot of clay, but it really is not. By the time I make enough firebricks, I will barely have anymore. I bowed to the lights again after I had smoothed out the area, making sure I didn't just leave a giant gaping hole. "Thank you again. Err, may your fortune flow as well as you do..." 

I turned around and ran back to my Smithy. I sank to the ground and sighed. "It sure is difficult now that I know practically everything here is sentient. I mean the river actually responded and accepted my apology...I think it did anyway." 

Well, I will just have to adapt. I suppose this is what culture shock from Alex's world feels like. Making a daughter with fire, who is an apple tree. My other adopted daughter is a legendary bird. Not to forget my newly adopted fluffy puppy, I mean vicious wolf. I looked over at Freya who was staring at me with her tail wagging and her tongue hanging out... 

I stood up and walked to the corner dropping all the clay I had gathered. I separated about half the clay and put it back in my storage for later use. I next used creation to change about one third of the remaining pile to fully vitrified bricks. I then poured some sand on them and added in the rest of the clay. I finished by focusing on the full nature and look of the firebricks from Alex's world. I then used Creation to turn the entire three tons of clay into a massive stack of refractory firebricks.

I rested for a few minutes admiring my giant pile of brick. These babies should be able to go well past the 2,500 degrees needed to work and shape metal. I spent the rest of the day stacking the bricks into a workable forge and bellows. thankfully I have a lot of coal from that mine, so it should be easy using my blacksmithing skill and material manipulation to make myself some weapons and armor. I really need something better than a dagger...  I looked over and I still had a lot of firebricks left over so I left them for another day. I will make a pottery kiln out back of the Smithy. Why do so when I can just use Creation to make something? Because I need a hobby besides magic. maybe a hobby will keep me out of trouble...

The next day after breakfast and making my offering to Hestia, I realized that with Freya here we would need some more meat to get through the winter. She probably doesn't like veggies too much. Well time for another orc massacre I suppose. "Want to go orc hunting for the winter with me Freya?" She jumped up and started wagging her tail.

"Hehe, I will take that as a yes."

We went to the southern woods today as I hoped to find some more herbs along the way. I didn't even bother to use my detection magic anymore as I could sense everything around me for about two miles with my new domain.

"It still feels weird to me that the mists are completely gone. Well, I can kind of tell that they are there but... It's like they are there but transparent. Oh, there are three orcs that direction but let's go a little deeper I want to see how the mists look at the five-mile mark. Hopefully we can find some larger groups. That reminds me though, can you see through the mists Freya?"

I glanced at her, and she barked and nodded her head. 

"Well, I guess one of your blessings takes care of that right?"

She nodded again. 

We continued heading deeper into the forest, only stopping long enough for me to store any herbs I came across. I assume we are about six miles deep now and it shows.

"There are twenty orcs directly ahead Freya."

I was about to continue talking about the plan of attack when I noticed Freya had already run ahead. I stood there listening to the sounds of battle for a bit in shock before I finally snapped out of it and ran after her. By the time I got there my beautiful white wolf had turned red, and all of the orcs were dead. Freya was standing on top of one bigger than the rest wagging her tail at me in a typical praise me pose. I just walked up to Freya and cast clean. She yelped at the feeling. I rubbed her now blood free head,

"Freya, I am happy you secured the meat, but I wish you would wait for me. This is a dangerous place, and I would be really sad if you got hurt. So next time how about we fight together. She hung her head. I am not mad at you Freya and I know orcs are no match for you, and that you probably have a bit of a grudge against them for kicking you when you were down. But this is a forest of many secrets and dangers. Who knows what could happen. I just want you to be safe okay."

She licked my hand, and I took that as agreement. 

We continued even deeper after I stored all the orcs usable parts and buried the rest. As we walked, I was thinking about magic, I can't believe I had forgotten about nature magic before. I could have had veggies so much sooner. I have still only used it to grow plants faster, but I should be able to do more. Druids in the stories of Alex's world. They could talk to plants and animals, control animals, shapeshift, maybe enhancement spells as well. Could I enhance an animal? I glance towards Freya. Could I enhance myself? Oh, couldn't some green magic users increase or decrease their size? They always knew the best and easiest path through the forest, detecting danger, all kinds of poison related skills, vampiric drain spells, hypnosis, stone skin? Lots of things I could try to figure out. Best not to experiment on me or my family though obviously, I will have to catch a rabbit or mouse or something.

"Freya? you know nature magic right? 

She nodded.

Can you do anything besides grow plants with it? I have not experimented beyond that yet."

Freya looked like she was thinking about it, finally she stopped walking. I stopped to look at her. She suddenly glowed and grew to three times her normal size. She was as big as a horse! She glowed again and returned to her normal size. She next made a cloud of purple mist appear and disappear in seconds. I could feel she was frustrated. She wanted to tell me more but couldn't communicate it to me.  

"It's okay Freya, I will figure out a way for us to talk in the future. I think Nature magic could accomplish this as well, and much more. I have lots of ideas. We have many years to figure it out together."

We continued walking and killed many more orcs in the next few hours. It was noon so we decided to start heading back. We had killed over a hundred orcs. So, the meat and leather quantity I now possessed was enough to feed and dress a city. This should be more than enough for the winter, well that and the fish. So many fish... 

As we were walking back, I thought about the one branch of magic I had never forgotten about, and potentially the most dangerous. Space magic. I had tried to make a portal and failed every time. I am too scared to try to teleport. If I could just get the skill. Is it space, or space and time. If I could slow time for everything but me... But teleportation would be the best. I could pop here and there in a fight. I just can't figure it out though. If only there was a beginner spell I could... Wait! Isn't gravity a beginner spell for a space mage in some stories! Before teleporting and changing dimensions, I should start by increasing gravity! It would also help a lot in battle. Even if I can't smash an opponent into the earth, I could increase their weight and drain their stamina!

I could sense a lone orc a little Northeast of us. I signaled Freya. "I want to try something so let's go that way and please leave the orc to me this time."

I entered stealth. We got close and I peeked around a tree. The orc was sitting on the ground resting. I focused my magic power to my hand, I want to form a ball, a ball that increases the weight in the area it hits... Increases the gravity. The force that binds us to the earth, doubling tripling. Before long five minutes had passed and nothing had happened yet. Freya looked at me in confusion waiting on something to happen. Finally, something clicked in my mind. I could feel the change in my magic. The mana in my hand condensed in on itself, in and in it went.  I was so excited I kept sending it more and more mana. Finally, there was a dark violet orb the size of a baseball floating above my hand. I stepped into the clearing. Freya bravely stepping forward with me.

"Hey piggy, I need to test a new spell, please colla-boar-ate. Hehe."

The orc jumped to its feet and roared at me. I in response threw my purple ball at it. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't what happened...

It hit the orc in the chest and in less than a second it was crushed into paste. Blood flew everywhere completely drenching me. The ground started to cave in creating a crater at least fifteen feet across. I hurriedly tried to cancel my spell and I was thankfully able to stop it. 

I wiped the blood from my face and eyes. And spit out what was in my mouth.

"Well... I had hoped to increase the gravity around it a little and make it harder to move... I guess my hopes were in vein... 

I glanced at Freya who was next to me. She was also completely covered in blood. She turned and gave me a completely deadpan look.

Oh, come on forgive me! You can B-Positive I won't make that mistake again. Hehe.

She just huffed and looked away from me. 

"I will make you laugh one day Freya!" She just gave me the deadpan soulless stare again. " Sigh... Clean.

All the blood on us and the ground disappeared. I used earth magic to bury the rest of the remains and fill the crater I had made. I then used nature magic to cause the grass to grow faster and covered the bald spot. I bowed to the ground, "Apologies Forest, I tried a new spell, and it got out of hand." 

Freya was staring at me like I was a crazy person. "What? Melianna said everything has a spirit in this forest, that means even the grass, right? Freya just sighed. I didn't know wolves could sigh like that. Okay anyway lets go home.

As we were walking, I said status

Name: Remmi  Ἑκάτη-Ἑστία

Age:11

Race: Elysian

Family and Familiars: •Kanta the Adarna Bird, •Freya the Lunarian Wolf, •Luna the Epimeliade Nymph

Occupation: Orphan, Celestial Maiden, Daughter of Ἑκάτη, Oath-sworn, Surrogate of Adarna, Empathic Intuition, Bearer of the Sacred Flames

HP: 700/700 MP: 6500/9350

Str: 70

Dex: 197

Int: 935

Vit: 70

Wis: 470

Def:70

Agi: 70

Luck: 15

Charm: 30

Skills: 

Observe Lvl Max

Identify Lvl Max

Analyze Lvl Max (Divine Sight)

Divine Sight Lvl 1

Mana Sight Lvl 8

Divine Concealment Lvl Max (Disguise of the Immortalis) 

Meditation Lvl Max (Mind Palace)

Dimensional Storage Lvl 9

All Magic Aptitude

Life Magic Lvl 9

Creation magic Lvl 6

Water Magic Lvl 7

Fire Magic Lvl 9

The Sacred Flames Lvl 3

Earth magic Lvl 8

Nature Magic Lvl 8

Wind Magic Lvl 7

Light Magic Lvl 8

Darkness Magic Lvl 1

Space Magic Lvl 1

Illusion Magic Lvl 7

Barrier Magic Lvl 7

Alchemy Lvl 7

Woodworking Lvl Max (Material Manipulation)

Engraving Lvl Max (Illusionary Etching)

Blacksmith Lvl 7

Forging Lvl 8

Cooking Lvl 8

Gathering Lvl Max (Plant Detection)

Tailoring Lvl Max (Thread Control)

Leatherworking Lvl 7

Crafting Lvl 7

Magical Potential Lvl 8

Mana Regeneration Lvl Max (Rapid Mana Regeneration) 

Rapid Mana Regeneration Lvl Max (Legendary Mana Regeneration)

Legendary Mana Regeneration Lvl 6

Magic circulation Lvl 9

Magic Amplification Lvl Max (Legendary Magic Amplification)

Legendary magic Amplification Lvl 1

Magic Control Lvl Max (Multicast)

Legendary Magic Control Lvl Max (Fractionalization)

Total Body Reinforcement Lvl 7

Regeneration Lvl 7

Detection Lvl Max (Domain)

Domain Lvl 2

Empathy Lvl 5

Empathic Intuition Lvl 4

Stealth Lvl 8

Magic Resistance Lvl 8

Poison Resistance Lvl 3

Fear Resistance Lvl 4

Pain Resistance Lvl 7

Hunger Resistance Lvl 6

Fatigue Resistance Lvl 7

Greater Blessing of the Forest

 



 

"I did it! I got Space Magic. Oh, and Darkness Magic as well" I guess I really was the one responsible for Melianna's... distress. 

Darkness Magic huh? Like curses or necromancy. Oh, didn't I feel my Mana twitch when I cursed someone else. I wonder if that scaly bastard got scale rot... I doubt it. No way level one darkness magic could affect him, right? Speaking of which I wonder if I can figure out shadow travel now? Such an exciting day. We continued walking and the sun was starting to set.

"Freya, it's going to be dark before we get home, do you think you could get us there fast once the moons come out?"

She nodded and bent down. She then looked at me. I nodded as well and climbed on her back. I reached down and held on around her neck. After that she was off like a rocket. She barked to get my attention. Her body glowed green with nature magic and her speed doubled. 

"Oh, so you can use Nature Magic to boost your body.

She barked what I assumed was a yes.

Well, I now have lots of magic to experiment with and figure out in the future. eventually the Moons rose above the tree line and suddenly we were phasing here and there. We got home less than two minutes after that.

"Thanks Freya. I hate wandering through the woods at night."

I climbed off her back and walked up to Melianna's tree. I sat there for a while telling her about our day. After another hour of story time, I stood up.

"You are really beautiful Melianna, in both your forms." I gazed at her tree, her golden leaves faintly glowing in the night.

Freya barked in agreement. I stood up and went into the greenhouse and wished Luna goodnight as well. I talked to her for a while and Kanta ended up cheering me up again as I left. I was crying again. "I sure am a crybaby lately." Freya leaned up against me and I ran my hand through her fur. I unfortunately hit a twig and poked my hand. I then realized just how scruffy Freya was. Her fur was in tangles and there were leaves and sticks tangled here and there.

"Well, this just won't do..."Come Freya." We walked back inside, and I took her into the master bathroom on the second floor across from my room. I filled the tub with warm water. I then walked back over to Freya.

Freya was looking at me with her head tilted cutely to the side as I removed my clothes and called her closer. I then sneakily summoned a large ball of warm water and had it float above her head. She was still looking at me cutely when I made the water drop right on her, drenching her whole body. She yelped in shock and glared at me resentfully. I just laughed until she did what any dog would do and tried to shake the water out of her fur, drenching me as well. She looked at me smugly and I just giggled and grabbed the shampoo.

I started to lather her up trying to scrub the dirt and bits of dried blood out of her fur. It was full of knots as well, so I used Creation on a piece of wood and made a large brush. I rinsed and repeated this process until I had gotten her fur completely clean and silky smooth.

I then repeated the process for myself. I next tapped the tub as I was climbing in myself. She hopped right in without making a fuss and I continued to brush her fur. It took me about an hour, but I got her all clean and rinsed. After that we spent some time just relaxing in the bath. I cast dry at her before she could shake the water off again. After I brushed her one last time, the fluff became magnificent. Especially her tail. She is sooooo soft! I spent some time just fluffing and petting her gently shining fur.

"I am very glad you and Kanta and Luna all decided to join my family. I might dislike the humans, but I was feeling so very lonely before all of you came into my life. I am so thankful to finally have a Family. "She just licked my hand in response. After that we ate a quick dinner, and I of course remembered to make my offering to Lady Hestia. I called Freya to sleep with me for the night. She curled up on my bed and I cuddled into her warmth. Goodnight Freya, Goodnight Kanta, I love you both, See you in the morning. 

 

 

29