Chapter 138: The Strongest Position Changes Hands!
342 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 138: The Strongest Position Changes Hands!

Swoosh—!

Splatter—!

The sword light flashed, and Ser-Veresta instantly sliced through the bodies of the surrounding monsters.

At the same time, the sound of a spell being chanted echoed from behind Luke.

"In the sky of a now distant forest, infinite stars scattered in the endless night sky. Respond to my foolish voice; give me now divine protection of starfire."

"Give the mercy of light to the one who abandoned you. Come, wandering wind, the wandering traveler."

"Cross the sky and run through the wilderness, run faster than anything else. Imbue the light of stardust and destroy the enemy!"

"Luminous Wind!"

Dozens of light orbs entwined with wind appeared behind Ryuu and were then launched simultaneously.

Boom, boom, boom—!

Wind orbs flew over Luke's head, continuously bombarding the monsters.

"No matter how many times I see it, I think it's really impressive; a large number of monsters are cleared in an instant."

Luke looked around and, after finding that the monsters had been completely wiped out, retracted Ser-Veresta and said to Ryuu behind him.

"There's no need for compliments; keeping up with you and Ais is already my limit."

Hearing Luke's praise, Ryuu immediately responded with a wry smile of denial.

Several months have passed since the 'Nightmare on the 27th Floor' incident.

After multiple investigations by the guild, it was reported that the 'unknown' monster from the deeper floors had disappeared, so the lockdown on the dungeon was lifted.

During this time, various Familias gradually resumed their exploration of the dungeon.

At this moment, Luke, along with Ais and Ryuu, was working on the coordination of their three-person team.

Originally, Luke wanted Bete on his team too.

However, Finn rejected this suggestion.

To help Bete better integrate into Loki Familia, Finn assigned him to Raul's side.

In simpler terms, it meant letting Bete take care of the newcomers.

Although Bete himself protested, he still obediently completed this 'integration' task under the suppression of the pallum captain.

"If we're talking about impressive, Luke and Ais are the real deal."

"Even though we are of the same level, I am far too inferior compared to you two."

During this period, Ryuu followed Luke and Ais to explore the dungeon more than once.

The more she fought alongside them, the more she realized how far behind she was in terms of combat power and strategy.

Apart from magic, she felt she was not superior to them in any way.

Hearing Ryuu's words, Ais didn't react much, but Luke felt somewhat embarrassed.

After all, as usual, he hadn't announced his advancement to Lv5.

In the eyes of Ais and Ryuu, Luke was still considered a second-class adventurer.

"Ryuu is also strong; your magic is impressive."

Ais walked up to Ryuu and spoke softly to her.

Perhaps due to racial reasons, or maybe because of the mutual understanding between young yet powerful girls.

Ais and Ryuu got along quite harmoniously.

Ryuu had no aversion to the half-spirit Ais.

Although she didn't know the reason, the fact that Ais could approach her without causing any repulsion made Ryuu both surprised and delighted.

Meanwhile, Ais was naturally curious about this 'elf' with the same hair color as hers who could also use 'wind' magic.

Initially, Luke worried that Ais's lack of social experience would cause conflict with Ryuu, an elf who also tended to keep to herself.

Fortunately, their relationship turned out to be unexpectedly harmonious, saving Luke a lot of trouble.

"Let's call it a day here; let's pack up and prepare to return to the surface."

The newly formed three-person team was still in the adjustment phase, so it wasn't advisable to delve too deep into the dungeon.

At most, they would only go down to the middle floors and would return to the surface on the same day.

"Ah, wait a moment; I'll go pick up the dropped items."

Currently, Ryuu was doubling as a supporter in the team.

Whether due to feeling she was the weakest of the three or for some other unknown reason, Ryuu volunteered to become a supporter.

Having someone to carry items indeed freed up more of Luke and Ais's combat power to a certain extent.

In the team, Ryuu, who provided rear support and healing, was indeed the most suitable candidate for the supporter role.

All three were speed-type adventurers, so their advance speed in the upper and middle floors of the dungeon, where no monsters could block them, was very fast.

If they moved at full speed, half a day was enough for them to travel back and forth in the dungeon.

However, today was slightly different than usual.

After successfully returning to the surface, Luke and his team heard a piece of news that caught their attention.

"Hey, have you heard? Ottar has upgraded to Lv7!"

"Ottar? Lv7? The new leader of Freya Familia?"

"That's right! The guild has already posted the announcement!"

"They say he just returned after dealing with some matter and discovered he had leveled up upon updating his status."

"Just came back? The guild's response was really quick this time, huh?"

"Nonsense, how could they not be quick? It's a world-shocking event!"

"Let's go, let's go check it out."

Luke and his team, who were about to look for a place to eat, also stopped in their tracks because of this news.

"I'm very sorry, but I can't have lunch with you two today."

Ryuu was the first to speak. After giving their share of Valis she had converted at the exchange counter, she bowed to Luke.

"Well, I understand what you mean; We also need to return to our base to confirm the details of this information with Finn."

"The change of the strongest position is not a trivial matter."

Luke nodded to Ryuu, not minding her leaving first.

Regardless of whether the people in their familia had received the news, they had to go back first.

After bidding farewell to Ryuu, Luke and Ais also returned to their Familia base.

Without any delay, Luke went straight to Finn's room.

Knocking on the door and entering.

Sure enough, all the high-ranking members of Loki Familia were gathered here, including Bete, who had recently joined the familia just a few months ago.

"You're back; join us in this meeting; you must have heard the news on the way here."

Seeing Luke and Ais enter, Finn pointed to the chairs next to him, signaling them to sit down first.

They arrived just in time, as Riveria and others had also just gathered at Finn's place after hearing the news.

"The first thing I have to tell you is that the news of Ottar's level up is absolutely true."

"...I knew it."

The news from Finn's mouth was no different from the street rumors.

"Tck, even though I know the guild wouldn't joke about this, but Lv7..."

Honestly, Bete still found it hard to believe.

He had a good understanding of how strong Finn and the others were over these months.

What does it mean to be an entire level stronger than Finn and the others?

Bete simply couldn't imagine.

"The second one, after the age of Zeus and Hera, finally another child has reached this step."

"Freya... I'm a bit unwilling to let you get ahead."

Loki, holding a glass of red wine, stood in front of the window, her gaze constantly fixed on a certain room at the top level of the Tower of Babel.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

14