Chapter 147: The Amazoness Sisters!
270 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 147: The Amazoness Sisters!

Luke, who had left the Blue Pharmacy, returned directly to Twilight Manor, the base of Loki Familia.

Back in his room, Luke lay on his bed and savored the long-lost feeling of powerlessness.

"How long has it been since I've felt this way?"

"This feeling of 'not being able to do it,' the last time it appeared was when I was facing my master in Jielong Seventh, right?"

Luke asked himself.

He was not a psychiatrist, and Naaza's question made Luke feel a bit helpless.

This feeling of powerlessness made Luke experience a moment of real entanglement.

"Have I gotten stronger?"

"Well, I indeed have become stronger. I can easily do things that I could not do before."

This is a state that Luke would only exhibit in very few cases, a habit he had developed before entering the Main God Space.

"But, I'm not strong enough yet!"

Luke thought of what he had said to Bete before.

"So, I am still weak."

In the days that followed, Orario returned to normal once again.

A series of turmoil caused by the nightmare incident, the destruction of Evilus, the upgrade of Ottar, and the decline of Miach Familia.

This series of incidents seemed to have exhausted all the 'enthusiasm' that had accumulated in this city recently.

Orario entered a year-long period of stability.

At the same time, Luke and Ais, now perhaps including Ryuu in their team, also returned to their daily routine of fighting monsters and leveling up.

It seems as if Orario has completely recovered its peace.

There are no street attacks, no sudden monster riots, and no sudden big news.

Ordinary people living in the labyrinth city are also gradually beginning to look forward to a better future.

Everything is so stable and beautiful.

Just like the calm before the storm.

"Hey, have you heard? It seems that some 'unaffiliated' Lv3 have come to Orario from outside."

"Tch, your news is too old, they've been here for three days!"

"Yes, that pair of amazoness twin sisters, tsk tsk, they have become completely famous these past few days."

Luke followed Finn on the streets of Orario, with Loki, Riveria, and Gareth beside him.

As they walked, the five of them could constantly hear the rumors about the 'Amazoness Sisters' that had been circulating recently.

And they are exactly what Luke and the others are aiming for this time.

The last time Loki Familia dispatched such a lineup was for Bete Loga, so this time their purpose goes without saying.

"Speaking of which, wouldn't it be better for you, the high-level executives, to personally persuade those twin sisters to join our Familia? Why did you call me in?"

Luke asked Finn as they walked:

"Last time it was because I knew Bete personally, so it's understandable to call me, but this time it has nothing to do with me, right?"

Luke was really puzzled; according to his plan, he should have taken Ais to meet Ryuu today.

Then the three of them happily started their first deep dive into the dungeon after completing their three-person team run-in.

But, Luke, who was packing up after breakfast in the morning, was told by Riveria that he would go out with Loki and Finn today.

"…?"

"???"×3

Luke's question drew strange looks from all four, including Finn.

Finn stared at Luke in a daze.

He checked it carefully and found that Luke was not pretending but was really confused, and Finn was speechless.

"Luke... do you really not know?"

Riveria stroked her forehead and asked Luke rhetorically with a headache.

"Do you still think you're just an ordinary core member?"

"Huh? Aren't I?"

Luke was stunned.

What does she mean by that? If I'm not a core member, then what am I? Is she suggesting that I've done something wrong and am facing demotion?

In fact, he can't be blamed for this slow reaction.

Identity and status have never been Luke's focus.

His IQ is not low; if Luke is facing a conspiracy or intrigue, he will not suffer too much.

However, he is not very sensitive to matters of power and influence.

Luke didn't understand what it meant to be associated with Finn and other high-level executives in Loki Familia.

In his opinion, he was just having a normal conversation with the high-level executives of Loki Familia, which was not a big deal.

Just like how he would have a normal conversation with ordinary members like Raul.

Luke didn't realize that he had unknowingly become a member of the high-level executives of Loki Familia.

Finn would often call him for important activities.

The captain would also summon him for regular meetings, and either he or Riveria would be in charge of assigning him tasks.

This process actually subtly started a long time ago.

In private, many members of Loki Familia have changed the name of the "Big Three" to "Big Four."

Although the news of Luke's upgrade to first-class has not been announced, Finn's trust in him is something everyone can see.

Strength is just one aspect; more importantly, Finn recognizes that Luke possesses the ability to act independently and is qualified to represent their Familia.

"Hahaha, Finn, it seems that you need to give Luke some private guidance."

Gareth stroked his beard and told Finn with a chuckle.

"This boy is a bit naive in this regard."

Finn also smiled; if not for this chance today, he wouldn't have discovered Luke's lack of knowledge in this regard.

"Haven't you realized that your authority and influence are much greater than that of ordinary members of our Familia?"

Riveria sighed and tapped Luke's head lightly with her hand.

"...As a core member, I am well aware that my authority exceeds that of ordinary members. I'm not naive enough to believe I'm the same as other members of Loki Familia."

Luke touched the spot where he had been knocked, understanding what Finn and the others were implying.

But to be honest, it didn't feel real to him.

When had he been promoted from core member to executive?

There was no formal notification or announcement…

When he had become the top rank in Jielong Seventh in Asterisk City, at least there had been a notice.

"Really, how oblivious can you be? Think about it, Ais and Bete are also core members, but don't you realize that your words carry more weight than theirs?"

To be honest, Riveria was at a loss for how to explain this issue to Luke and could only use those around him as examples to illustrate her point.

"Ais is younger, Bete isn't as strong as me, and joined our Familia after I did, so isn't it normal for my words to be a bit more effective?"

Riveria was almost suffocated by his 'frank' words.

Mama elf opened her mouth, wanting to explain the difference to him.

But when she thought about it carefully, she found that what Luke said seemed to make sense?

"Haha, Gareth, I don't think there is any need for private guidance, let him stay like this."

Finn was amused by Riveria and Luke's questions and answers.

He found that although Luke didn't realize that he had become part of the high-level circle of Loki Familia, the boy had a very clear understanding of the relationships around him.

And that is enough.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

15