Chapter 148: I hope you won’t let me down!
263 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 148: I hope you won't let me down!

 

"Hmph, is this the famous Orario?"

 

"It doesn't seem as formidable as the legends say; I haven't seen a single capable fighter so far."

 

The speaker was a young amazoness named Tione Hiryute, with short black hair and dark green eyes.

 

She was the older sister among the rumored twin amazoness siblings.

 

And standing behind her, another girl with the same short black hair and dark green eyes, was her younger sister, Tiona Hiryute.

 

(PS: Tione grew her hair long in the future.)

 

Tione, looking down at the many defeated challengers lying on the ground, said with some disdain, "I had heard that Orario was full of strong adventurers, but it seems that people outside were exaggerating. It's really disappointing."

 

"Come on, Tione, there are not many people who can beat us anyway."

 

Tiona, appearing much more lively, walked over to her sister's side and patted her on the shoulder.

 

However, from the tone of her voice, it was evident that Tiona, the younger sister, was also a bit disappointed.

 

Level 3 adventurers are the backbone of Orario.

 

The day after two unaffiliated Level 3 adventurers appeared in the city, countless Familias came to persuade them to join.

 

The opportunity to obtain two valuable combatants at once is a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

 

Many Familias, vying to persuade Tione and Tiona to join their faction, even fought among themselves.

 

This tense and hostile atmosphere of persuasion caused the quick-tempered Tione to lose her temper on the spot.

 

"Whoever can defeat us, we will join their Familia!"

 

This was the beginning of the 'Legend' that spread in recent days.

 

Level 3 adventurers are not common in Orario, and among the Familias eager to persuade the amazoness sisters to join them, there were not many strong ones.

 

Although there were a few other Level 3 adventurers like them, none could really defeat Tione and Tiona one-on-one.

 

The amazoness sisters, having been trained in combat from birth in the 'Country of Blood and Fighting', were not only equal in strength to the adventurers of Orario but far superior in their combat experience against other people.

 

In the past few days, all adventurers who came to challenge them were defeated without exception.

 

The high-spirited sisters soundly defeated even those who tried to take advantage of the situation by employing a strategy of attrition.

 

The two amazoness sisters from the 'Country of Blood and Fighting', accustomed to daily combat, continuously repelled the adventurers of Orario.

 

Challengers came in droves, but all were turned away without success, eventually creating the 'Legend of the Amazoness Sisters' that spread among the residents of the city.

 

Several days have passed, and not a single Familia has appeared that Tione and Tiona consider worthy of joining.

 

To be honest, they were getting a bit tired of it by now.

 

Thoroughly disappointed, that was the feeling in the hearts of Tione and Tiona at this moment.

 

However, just then, the Loki Familia finally made their appearance.

 

"Are those two girls the protagonists of the recent 'Legend of the Amazoness Sisters'?"

 

"They look rather thin."

 

Gareth, stroking his beard with interest, was the first to size up the two amazoness sisters.

 

"There are so many people here."

 

Luke was the first to take notice of this.

 

The number of Familias that had come to persuade the two amazoness sisters was truly astonishing.

 

The entrance to the nearby inn was even fully packed.

 

Several days had passed, and if you included those Familias that had failed, the entire street would likely be blocked.

 

The arrival of the high-ranking members of Loki Familia immediately drew everyone's attention.

 

"Look! It's people from Loki Familia!"

 

"Oh, have they finally attracted the attention of some powerful Familia..."

 

"It just so happens that Loki is here. Seems like there's no chance for us now."

 

"Damn, is the power of Loki Familia going to increase again?!"

 

Ignoring the various complex looks and whispers around them,

 

Finn led the group, passing through the crowd and came in front of the amazoness sisters.

 

"Are you two interested in joining Loki Familia?" Finn asked directly.

 

Except for Gareth and Luke, the other three did not speak.

 

Riveria was silently assessing Tione and Tiona with a scrutinizing gaze.

 

For Riveria, a member of elven royalty, the amazonesses' 'candid' style of clothing was something she could not agree with.

 

Though out of politeness, she respected the other race's culture.

 

But until she was sure of Tione and Tiona's character, Riveria was not going to engage in a meaningless conversation with them.

 

As for Finn...

 

If he hadn't grabbed his panting 'perverted' goddess with a wry smile, Loki might have already pounced on the two 'poorly dressed' girls at this time.

 

Looking at the 'poor' girls in front of her, who had no money to buy 'proper clothes' for themselves, Loki thought it was her duty as a goddess to love and care for them, forgetting that this was the usual attire of the Amazonesses.

 

The attitude of members of Loki Familia, which seemed as though they were appraising them, greatly displeased the short-tempered Tione.

 

Newly arrived in Orario, she was unaware of the 'great name' of 'Loki Familia'.

 

In her view, the group in front of her, composed of a perverted goddess, a weak and feeble pallum, an ornamental elf, an elderly dwarf grandfather, and a mediocre but handsome boy, was simply not worth mentioning.

 

They became more and more displeasing to her eyes.

 

Yet, they still looked down on her and Tiona with a superior gaze.

 

Extremely dissatisfied, Tione decided to intimidate this 'group'.

 

She spoke in a threatening tone to Finn, who was at the forefront and appeared to be the leader of the group:

 

"We have mercilessly killed countless of our own kind. Do you still want us to join your Familia?"

 

"Aren't you afraid that one day we might turn against all of you?"

 

Facing Tione's threat, Finn smiled confidently.

 

"If you truly repeat such actions, then it only means that I misjudged you both."

 

"However, I don't believe there is any need for concern."

 

Finn's confident, perhaps even arrogant, words fueled Tione's anger.

 

Though Tione was furious, those around who were familiar with Finn understood that he would not make such an error in judgment.

 

Only those from the Loki Familia who spent considerable time with Finn knew of his remarkable accuracy in assessing people.

 

To be frank, 'Braver' Finn has yet to make a single mistake in his judgments.

 

'Arrogant Pallum!' Tione thought, infuriated at the moment.

 

Her first impression of Finn could not have been any worse.

 

But regardless, Tione personally set the condition of 'joining after being defeated', and she had no intention of going back on her word.

 

However, when Finn turned around to look at Gareth, she couldn't help but start to provoke Finn.

 

"Hey, you seem to be the leader of this group, right? Don't push things onto others, why don't you come forward yourself?"

 

"Or is it that you are actually scared? Cowardly little pallum?"

 

Tione's mocking smile made Finn pause for a moment, then he showed a wry smile.

 

"...Well then, since you've put it that way, I'll be your opponent."

 

"As for the other person..."

 

"Leave the other one to me."

 

Luke stepped forward and told Finn.

 

He was somewhat interested in the two amazoness sisters.

 

In Orario, there are almost no adventurers skilled in combat against people; everyone's skills are developed for fighting against monsters.

 

But 'Telskyura' is different.

 

Luke was very interested in the skills passed down from that Country of Blood and Fighting, where children must fight their kin from a young age.

 

He looked at Tiona and said with a smile:

 

"I hope you won't let me down."

 

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

 

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

15