Chapter 50 – Aren’t you going to thank me?
733 6 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Daily chapters from today, I hope you haven't forgotten this story.

'But let's get back to the main subject... Hm... What's your name?' I asked Kumoko. I already knew her name, both her "real name" and the names she would use in the future, but I decided to ask.

Kumoko stared at me for a few seconds and then answered.

'You can call me Hiiro. Wakaba Hiiro. That was my name before I came here.' Kumoko replied.

Listening to this, I couldn't help but feel a little sad for her since all her memories are...

Seriously, that sucks. But I won't tell her the whole truth. Let's wait and let her find out about it. If she doesn't find out herself, I'll tell her.

'I see. I'll call you Hiiro then.'

'And your name? You still haven't told me. I keep thinking of you only as "That giant spider."'

'My name? My name is Eliot.'

'Eliot... It's a nice name.'

'Naah, it's not. But now, we must return to the main subject. I said before that I wanted to get out of the labyrinth.'

I left my "house," and Kumoko accompanied me. We started walking through the labyrinth together.

'Oh, that's right! I want to ask you about that! How did you get out there? How did you find the exit so easily?'

'Well... Do you remember that woman?'

'Woman...' Kumoko thought for a few seconds. 'Ah! That woman, I thought she'd killed you! But what did she do?'

'She was the one who took me out of the labyrinth, and I used my edit skill to get back into the labyrinth. '

'Back?! But why? You were free. You could live away from this hole.'

'You're right... But I was afraid of being killed when I was taken to the surface. I wasn't that strong...'

'If I were you, I would have stayed out there. What's it like? Tell me!' Kumoko suddenly became excited, so I told her everything I'd seen. The blue sky with few clouds, the large number of tall, green trees.

Of course, the air was much more pleasant than the humid and sometimes smelly air inside this labyrinth.

'This is great, I'd like to go outside. Can't you take me?' Kumoko was excited about the idea, but I answered honestly that I couldn't do it now. 'That's sad...'

Kumoko showed her disappointment by lowering her head like a child who had lost their toy. I smiled and stroked her head, taking care not to hurt her with my claw.

'But don't worry, I'm only going outside to hunt, and then I'll return.'

'Hunt? Don't tell me you're going to hunt humans.'

'Well, I've noticed that they give more experience. Since we're monsters anyway, I don't see a problem with killing them.'

'But...'

'When you meet a human, you'll understand. They'll try to kill you without thinking twice. You'll end up having to kill them. It's kill or be killed.'

The first time I met humans, I was still weak and didn't understand much about my abilities. I hid and did nothing. But the second time... I killed them and even found it entertaining.

For some reason, I now feel that I can kill any human, and I won't care.

'I've met a few humans, but they were strange. They looked like a bunch of zombies.'

'Ah, they were mine. You know what my skills are like, don't you? I killed those humans and revived them.'

'So that's why they were acting strangely. They were zombies.'

'Hahaha. But I'm surprised no humans have tried to kill you yet, Hiiro. But you should be careful.'

'But are you going out? Why don't you keep hunting with me until I'm strong enough to go out with you?'

'I don't mind doing that. It's just that I want to evolve as quickly as possible. '

'I see.' Kumoko was disappointed. 

'All right, I'll stay with you until your next evolution. But after that, I'm going to make some visits outside.'

Kumoko's eyes sparkled.

~~

Then Kumoko's stomach started rumbling.

'But didn't you just eat?'

'...' Kumoko turned around and started running in search of her food.

I smiled and went home. I wish I knew what to do now, but I have no idea. I've decided to stay here in the labyrinth with Kumoko until her next evolution... And I have nothing to do in the meantime.

I can level up if I go lower and find that dragon.

Oh, that's right! Speaking of dragons, where's Fuit?

I left him with Kumoko, but he disappeared, and Kumoko didn't even talk about him. Could my mother have killed him?

I started walking until I came to the same place where I had seen that large amount of blood. There, I found a piece that seemed to be from some monster.

'It looks like a paw. It's big. It's a dragon's paw. I'll have to ask Kumoko about that.'

But Fuit it's not strong enough to fight our mother and leave all these battle marks around here. It's probably not his paw.

'I think he's already dead.'

A portal appeared as I prepared to return to our temporary base and start my hunt with Kumoko. Like before, a cell phone came out of the portal.

I sighed.

'What do you want, D?'

'I wanted to talk to you about everything that happened earlier. Aren't you going to thank me?'

'What do you mean?'

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

52