Chapter 53 – Inert Evil Eye
432 7 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'll be honest.

Apart from being busy, I couldn't write anything. I'd been trying to write something for days, but I couldn't, nothing came to mind.

I apologize and now I feel a little more confident to continue writing.

Thank you for your support.

My hunt began, and it was easier than I expected. Taking care not to fall into the lava, I started using my web to hang from the ceiling and attract the monsters in the lava lakes.

They were scared, but eventually they appeared. Unfortunately, most of the monsters that appeared were not what I expected.

However, it was fun to swing over the river of lava while cutting the monsters that "flew" towards me. The giant eels were killed and fell back into the lava. I don't mind that since the flesh of these monsters isn't what I'm after.

Vuosh~~

Masterfully, I reached the other side of the lava river.

'It's strange swinging around in a web having such a big body. I feel like Spiderman. '

I turned back to the river and stood there in silence. 

'I can feel something getting closer. Have they finally decided to show up?'

To my surprise, a group of them appeared. A giant catfish with a big mouth. It was a group of five of them. I was right next to the river of lava, and they tried to swallow me, all attacking simultaneously.

I got away.

I blocked their view using my web, and they threw themselves back into the lava to escape.

I could only see the status of one of them, and he was not very strong.

Elroe Guneseven LV6

Stats

HP 430
MP 270
SP 198

Offense: 331
Defense: 317
Magic: 103
Resistance: 152
Speed: 121

Skills

[ Fire Wyrm LV4 ] [ Dragon Scales LV2 ] [ Hit LV7 ] [ Swim LV6 ] [ Overeating LV2 ] [ Heat Nullification ]

'He has some interesting skills. I have to be careful and bring them out. I can't lose their bodies in the lava.'

Their bodies won't burn, but I won't be able to get into the lava to get them out of there. 'I should wait for them. Should I wait here and capture them one at a time?'

So I waited for a few minutes.

I turned my back and pretended not to see anything and to be distracted. 

And then!

I suddenly turned around, and there he was. One of the Elroe Guneseven! I threw my web like a whip, grabbed around him, and pulled him hard towards me. He suffered some damage, but he wasn't dead.

Away from the lava, he was harmless. I stared at him and finally used the [ Cursed Evil Eye ] for the first time. And then... The monster began to lose life as my mana was slowly drained.

As my [ Cursed Evil Eye ] is still at level one, the monster's life is slowly going down... very slowly.

'I should keep using it to level up... Or just edit it.'

Let's do it. If I edit to level 10, I'll unlock tier 2, and tier 2 is terrific. And I'll have it permanently. Right, let's do it.

'System, I put the Cursed Evil Eye at level 10.'

And when I did.

I received the [ Jinx Evil Eye LV1 ].

I turned off editing, and the [ Cursed Evil Eye LV10 ] skill disappeared, and only the [ Jinx Evil Eye LV1 ] skill remained. But even at level one, it was already much better.

The damage dealt was absurd. What's more, the monster's stats were being reduced because of the curse caused by the eye.

Quickly, the monster succumbed to the curse and died in front of me. 'I didn't even spend a lot of MP, that's great. Seeing the functionality of this only makes me want to get other evil eyes.'

'If I use the edit, I can get another one. Let's see.'

However, just as I was about to use the system to strengthen myself again by acquiring another [ Evil Eye ], I was attacked by fire magic on my back. Of course, I felt no pain, just a little heat.

When the monsters attacked me and realized I hadn't been hurt, they tried to run away, but I edited my speed and approached them in a second.

I pierced them with my claws and threw them out of the lava lake, one by one. They all died instantly, of course.

In all, I had five whole bodies to eat. 

'I think it's too much.'

But now that I've gotten the food, let's get another one of the [ Evil Eyes ]. I'm looking forward to it... But which one should I get?

I will use the store to see what the eyes do so I don't make a stupid choice.

'Lalala~~ Let's get stronger.'

####

I looked at all the eyes, but the one that caught my eye the most was the [ Paralyzing Evil Eye ]. The tier 2 of this eye is even better. I could practically make my enemy "stop in time".

If I combine this eye with the one I already have, it's a perfect combo.

'Right, I'll edit a random skill to [ Paralyzing Evil Eye LV10 ]. This way, I'll unlock the eye's tier 2.'

And after editing...

[ The skill "Inert Evil Eye LV1" has been learned. ]

'Now I don't have any more new slots. Now I'll have to wait for the cooldown every time I edit a skill.'

I deactivated all my edits.

'But how am I supposed to take all these monsters with me? I have spatial magic, but can I use it to store all these bodies?'

I tried, but it didn't work. Maybe when it is at level 10, it will work.

'Hiiro, I'm coming back with the meat.'

I told her. Even though I was far away, she probably heard me.

'Right, I'll chop one of the bodies into small pieces and take it with me.'

[ "Urednik pajka LV1 (Phase 2)" became "Urednik pajka LV2 (Phase 2)" ]

'Oh? I leveled up quickly. I think my spiders are hunting too many monsters.'

Unfortunately, my editing on my familiars still only lasts 24 hours. The time should have been increased after my evolution.

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

39