Chapter 55 – Human camp.
387 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Are you sure this will work?' Kumoko asked worriedly.

Kumoko was just ahead of me, and I was preparing to use my teleporting ability. I decided to teleport to the same cave I had hidden in before.

'I don't know if it will work either... But since the system says it will, we should trust it.'

'But~~' Kumoko was very nervous. I put one of my legs over her head and told her to trust me. After that, I used the group teleportation skill.

There was no button to press like in an RPG. I just had to imagine it and say the name of the skill. Fortunately, it worked, but it took longer than I expected.

It took long seconds before the light finally teleported us to the cave.

'Did it work?' Kumoko looked around. There were still walls around since we were in a cave, but it was a bit different from the walls in the labyrinth.

'Yes, it worked. This was the place I hid when I first came outside. I hid here because I was scared.'

'Are you serious?

'Don't judge me. I was weaker back then. Come on, this way. The cave is a little small. We'll get to the exit soon.'

Kumoko followed me out, and we finally reached the cave exit. The things I had placed to block the entrance were no longer here; probably someone had removed them, or the wind had blown them away.

'It's night.' I looked up, and the leaves of the trees were swaying because of the wind.

'So this is the outside... It's more normal than I thought.'

'What did you expect it to be? A post-apocalyptic world or something?'

'Of course not, but I expected castles and people flying around using magic.'

'This isn't Harry Potter. Should we move on, or do you want to stay around here? We can go back to the labyrinth whenever you want.'

'Let's explore! I want to explore!' Kumoko jumped excitedly. 'I'm sure a town must be nearby! A town must be nearby if there's this huge dungeon here.'

'You're right, there must be a town nearby... Hey, wait.'

Kumoko started running between the trees, and I followed. We met no monsters on the way despite the night and the dense forest. And after a long time, the forest started to get less dense.

'Hey, do you think we're going the right way?'

'Are you trying to get to a city? You remember you're a monster, don't you?'

'And who cares? I can sneak in.' Kumoko said confidently.

'I'm sure that won't work. Don't do anything stupid.'

'Don't worry, trust me.' Kumoko began to climb a tall tree using her web. When she reached the top, a smile appeared on her face. 'I can see something, I can see some lights. Could it be humans?'

'Lights? They must be torches.'

I'm very heavy, but I still climbed on a tree to look. With my highly powerful eyesight, I could see the human camp that was a long way off.

'What are you going to do? You said you wanted to hunt humans, didn't you?'

'Should I do that?' There were many of them, but most humans were very young. They even looked like teenagers.

For a moment, I started to care about humans again.

Should I do this?

The abilities of the seven deadly sins no longer affect my mind, so I'm very conscious of whatever I think and do. Should I become this bloodthirsty monster?

'Well, if they saw me, they'd try to kill me...'

'Hiiro, I'll go over there.'

'Are you sure? I'll stay here. You can go by yourself.'

'What? Are you afraid to come with me?'

'Of course not. I don't want to throw up.'

'It's strange that you still have so much empathy for humans.'

'I was a human! I don't want to see you kill them all. It's decided, I'm staying here. Good luck~~' 

Kumo came down from the tree, and I threw myself on the ground. I then threw some meat I had kept in my storage for her.

'Have fun with that. I'll be right back.'

'What do you think I am, a dog?!' Kumoko began to devour the food.

I then ran at top speed towards the human camp.

####

I got close. I soon hid among the trees nearby and began listening to the conversation of the humans sitting around a large fire. There were seven of them.

In addition to the seven, I could sense two more inside a tent.

"Who does that idiot think he is to send us into this dirty labyrinth just to get that shit? It pisses me off." A muscular man said. He had several scars all over his body.

"He's our boss, and you know he'll kill us if we don't do it." Another man replied.

"But why us? Doesn't he have that other little army that's much stronger? We've just been fucking hired."

"Don't question it, just follow the order."

"Tsk!"

'So they've been sent into the labyrinth. They must be coming from far away. That muscular man is the only one who looks older. The rest are all very young people.'

But what is "that shit"? Is it something important? I'm curious.

 

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

 

39