Chapter 54 – Evolution and spatial magic at maximum level.
427 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After chopping the meat, I went back the same way to where Kumoko was. However, when I reached the end of the path, I couldn't find her, she had disappeared. Fortunately, she appeared soon afterwards carrying a monster.

'Did you kill it to eat?'

'No, of course not. I was hunting, hahaha.' Kumoko looked away and laughed. I sighed and then placed the meat in front of her.

'This is the meat. Didn't you hear when I told you I was coming?'

'Oh, I did, but there was no way I could answer. When I heard you talking about the meat, I went to find something to eat because I thought you'd be a while. So, what's there?'

Kumoko was excited about the "lava layer", so I prepared the meat while I told her what it was like. 

'WOW! I want to go there!'

'But didn't you say you were scared?'

'Huh? I didn't say I was scared. I said it had no fire resistance and was dangerous.'

'You looked scared~~'

'Impossible. Now give me this.'

Kumoko took the piece of meat I had cooked and took a big bite. Her eyes lit up as the juicy meat reached her mouth. 'Wow, wow, what is this?! It's so good! It doesn't even compare to all the garbage I've been eating since I got here!'

'Don't call the food garbage.'

'They're not food. They're just monsters with a bad meat.'

'If you ate them, they're food. Now, finish eating quickly so we can get back to hunting. I've found a way to take you out of the labyrinth with me.'

'What? Is it serious?'

'Yes, but it'll be a few hours before I can do that.'

I commented on spatial magic before, right? If I remember correctly, when I reach a certain level, I can use a magic called "Group teleportation" or something like that.

I'll be able to teleport together with Kumoko.

Spatial magic is on another level.

'A few hours? Really?' Kumoko looked sad.

'I need a few hours because of the cooldown. I'll get the group teleportation skill... You'll have to be patient.'

'Right~~ But before we go hunting again, I will finish eating this.' Kumoko started devouring the meat as fast as she could.

I want a skill to track monsters or something~~ It would be easier to find monsters to Kumoko kill. I can't wait to be able to create abilities.

If that's ever possible...

####

A few hours passed, and the cooldown was already ending. During this time, I helped Kumoko capture some monsters for her to kill using my Evil Eye. I paralyzed them, and she killed them.

The experience she gained was relatively high, so she quickly reached the maximum level and can now make her evolution. And lucky, she got her special evolution path.

'Which evolution path do you intend to choose?' I asked Kumoko. I want to get an idea of what she will choose. I'll give her tips if necessary. I want her to evolve just like in the novel.

'I was given two paths. Zoa Ele and Poison Taratect.'

'I remember Poison Taratect, but I don't think there was Zoa Ele in my evolution path. It can be something special and unique.'

'...' Kumoko was silent for a few minutes, probably producing some monologues to make her decision. 'I've decided. I'm going to evolve into Zoa Ele!' Kumoko said happily.

'Are you sure?' I asked.

'Of course, it's much better. Can't you look using your system? You have that too, don't you? Maybe you can look.'

'Yes, of course, of course.' I couldn't even look anymore. Before I knew it, the old evolution tree had disappeared, and only the new one remained. I pretended to look and encouraged her.

'It's a good evolution. You'll gain proficiency in many skills.'

'Isn't that amazing? Can you protect me while I evolve? Unfortunately, I can't stay awake like you.'

'Sure. At first, I also fainted whenever I chose a new evolution, but I didn't faint anymore after I got an exclusive race.'

'Will that happen to me too? I hope so.'

'Who knows~~'

Kumoko entered her temporary home. 

'All right, I hope it doesn't take too long.'

After choosing her path of evolution, Kumoko immediately fainted. I sat down in front of her house and then took a second look at the cooldown. 'It's still a few hours away...'

I'll probably be able to edit a skill by the time she wakes up.

And fortunately, I was right!

Even before Kumoko woke up, I could edit another skill. And, of course, I chose to set my spatial magic to the maximum level!

[ Edit Applied! ]

And with my magic at maximum level, the first thing I did was test the storage magic. I'd seen it in various isekais, and it always seemed so convenient.

I'm sure I'll be using it a lot.

And it really is very convenient.

I stored stones and the rest of a monster's body to test it out, and there was plenty of space—more than I expected. 'But the most important thing is group teleportation.'

'Wow, that's amazing!'

And then Kumoko woke up.

'You're finally awake? I got the magic to teleport us out.'

'Really?' Kumoko's eyes began to glow. She ignored her evolution and ran towards me.

 

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

41