Chapter 37 – The mastermind behind the scenes. Evolution wave begins.
1.6k 15 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, right after breakfast...

"Daylily. Tenta. Bluey. Lovers!" Daylily happily declared.

"..." Alex and Sierra had a weirded-out look and then looked at Tenta and Cornelia as if looking at monsters.

"Don't give me those looks. She is an adult. And she wanted it first." Tenta shrugged.

"I even compromised," Cornelia added.

"Fey, especially Pixies and Fairies, are sexually liberated creatures, all born adults, polyamorous, and often pansexual with all sorts of configurations and kinks. Humans and other demi-humans portray them as pure but don't know the Fairies often have mass orgies among themselves and share their spouses with their friends, viewing it as a harmless and pleasurable game, and male seed carries vitality, making some of them like it. This is especially true since they are sterile and highly immune to non-magical diseases, and are only attracted to people they perceive as good, making sex have little to no consequences." Roberta said, smoking her tobacco(?).

"Yes! Fun! Share! Good!" The Pixie proudly declared.

"Perverts..." Alex thought.

"Give me back my innocent Daylily..." Sierra mentally cried.

And so ended a peaceful breakfast...

.

.

.

In the following days, Tenta and the others continued their routine.

For every day they were in the dungeon, the other day they would be at Roberta's haven studying/working/training/playing.

Contrary to what they thought, Daylily didn't want to evolve even after reaching overlevel 40. The first reason was that she didn't want to create a burden for the others when exploring the dungeon... The other was that Daylily didn't want to be left alone with only Tenta after knowing everyone would evolve together, so she postponed her evolution even if it cost her a lot of potential racial experience. Although she liked Tenta and wanted to grow stronger, Pixies were highly social and hyperactive. She would die from boredom if she didn't have at least three playmates!

And so, 16 days passed since Tenta and Cornelia entered the haven...

.

.

.

At night.

In the Xanid-Deawyth frontier's command center...

A man was reading a letter in front of his desk...

"I have been abandoned." Duke Nicolas Feathergard, a tall, muscular, scarred, and battle-wary general in his mid-70s, sighed after reading a letter from the Xanid King. "My blind vengeance has doomed the entire dukedom..." He closed his eyes, feeling deep pain.

He still remembered that day. A succubus seduced and killed his only son to his beloved wife, who died after a complicated childbirth. He still remembered her straddling his son's emaciated, mummified body in a hotel. That broke him, driving him into a mad rage. Instead of blaming the perpetrator, whom he immediately beheaded, he blamed the whole race of Monster Girls, blaming them for killing his only memory of his precious wife and his sole heir he dedicated 19 years of his life to raising. What's more, he grew impotent only a few months after his son was born, so he was unable to have another child, so he rejected marriage proposals and remained a widower until this day. Not only that, all his siblings and their families died one by one due to accidents or illness, making him the last of the Feathergard line, which further stoked his rage.

In his madness, he consulted with various extremists, including the A-rank seventh circle magician, Igusior, who he later made his advisor instead of his other advisor, who suggested against such actions and formulated a sickening idea he would never have thought of before... Making a rape arena targeted at Monster Girls against male monsters. It was to make them feel the pain his son felt as he died, an iota of the anguish gnawing his heart.

And now, in this hour of need, Igusior was nowhere to be found, and his king abandoned him to the wolves. He felt hurt, betrayed, and, most of all, guilty for his actions. In the last two days, he suddenly found that his anger was much less, making him question his actions.

"Why was I so enraged to do such a thing in the first place... That... wasn't like me..." Nicolas frowned, his mind thinking more clearly and logically.

Before his son's death, he was an upright, level-headed lord and general dedicated to his people and kingdom, loved by his people and soldiers. Even after his son died, this sentiment remained, and he should have calmly handled it, even when bereaved. He would have captured the succubus that day instead of killing her. He would then have her interrogated thoroughly until she started singing everything he wanted to know. And yet, he killed her on the spot as if possessed. He then started hating an entire species instead of an individual. It was like wanting to kill all dogs because a stray with rabies bit his child and killed him.

"And now that I think about it... Why did I become impotent so early in life? All my siblings and their families died one after another in accidents, leaving no other heir... And why did I trust Iguisor to become my advisor... What..." The more he thought about it, the more suspicious it became as dots slowly connected in his mind.

"Ughh!!!" Suddenly, intense pain flooded his chest, making him grow weaker. These pains started after Guiding City fell and Iguisor went missing.

"My Lord!" A cloaked figure wearing a mask rushed from behind him and supported him, taking out a special potion for heart disease Iguisor gave. "Please, have your medication..."

The weakened duke let the girl give him the potion. Soon, his body felt a bit better, but he was weak. Even for his advanced age, he was much weaker than he should be as a level 93 Human with physical fitness many times greater than a regular human.

However, shortly after...

"Cough* Cough* Cough*..." Nicolas started coughing, covering his mouth. Looking at his hand with his blurring vision, he saw it was covered in black blood.

"FATHER!" A young girl's panicked and heartbroken voice sounded behind the cloaked figure's mask.

"Hah... Hah... Cleo... I... Don't have much time left..." The duke weakly said, blood dripping from his mouth.

"Don't say that... Please..." The masked girl, Cleo, kneeled, her voice cracking.

"It is... Okay... Don't cry..." Nicolas forced a smile. "I... Adopted you... Because of... Your talents... I don't... Deserve to be... Your father..."

"Don't say that... You saved me from the slums... You raised me like a daughter... You clothed, fed, bathed, educated, and treated me like your flesh and blood... I love you, father... I love you so much..." Cleo removed her mask, revealing a breathtakingly beautiful face with gem-like obsidian eyes.

"You... are... precious..." Nicolas softly smiled before saying his last words. "Don't... Trust... Iguisor..." And then his body went slack.

"Father?! FATHER!" Cleo cried, holding him closer.

But the next moment, something that shocked and horrified her sounded.

 

Level Up!

Human lvl 36 -> 55
Expert Shadow Guard lvl 5 -> 37

 

"Why... Did I level up so much all of a sudden?" Cleo's hands shook, looking at the potion bottle still in her hands. A terrifying thought crossed her mind.

"I-It was... poison? Did I poison my... father? Iguisor tricked me into... poisoning him?!" She slowly realized.

Shatter*

The potion bottle fell to the floor, shattering.

"Hehehe... As expected. Seems like you caught on." A gloating voice sounded from behind her.

Cleo recognized that voice, filling her with killing intent. Without saying anything, she reached for her cloak and charged at the shadowy figure behind her, her hand flashing so quickly it created after-images, her eyes spelling death.

However, a few inches before the dagger could land, she couldn't move forward, a force holding her in place.

"Not bad... Not bad at all. As expected from the slum girl nitpicked by Nicolas... No hesitation against a superior opponent, going right for the kill. Your talent is the real deal... Given twenty years, you would be an A-rank or even S-rank." The dark figure complimented without reserve, his hand touching the frozen girl's beautiful face. "Too bad I couldn't have tasted you before disposing of you... So beautiful... It is hard to believe you came from the slums. Wasted on such a demeaning job..."

"Iguisor... Why did you do this..." Cleo gritted her teeth and spoke, the only thing she could do. "You worked for Father for so long... Why betray him now?!"

"Girl, you misunderstand... I never worked for him... I was using him." Iguisor, hidden in his shadowy cloak, spoke. "He was just a tiny little pawn in a grand chess game... And you are also a sacrificial piece I planted..." He then snapped his fingers.

Snap*

Cleo's eyes went vacant, entering a trance-like state.

"You were the one who poisoned Duke Nicolas," Iguisor said.

"I was the one... To poison Father..." Cleo muttered.

"You were hired as a double agent by the Dyweath Kingdom to assassinate him," Iguisor said.

"I was... hired to... by the Dyweath Kingdom..." Cleo repeated.

"You switched the medication Iguisor gave with the slow-acting poison they provided," Iguisor said.

"I switched... The medicine... With poison..." Cleo muttered.

"Iguisor was never here. He went on a secret mission to seek help," Iguisor said.

"Iguisor was... Never here..." Cleo Muttered.

"When you wake up, you will panic and escape into the middle of the magic forest to hide," Iguisor said.

"I will... Panic and escape to the middle of the magic forest..." Cleo repeated.

"Good... You may wake up in ten seconds... Hehehe..." Iguisor chuckled and disappeared into the shadows.

A few moments later...

Cleo woke up.

"I... What was I..." She muttered and then looked at Nicolas's corpse.

"That's right... I poisoned him... I am a double agent... I need to run and hide in the magic forest..." Cleo started to panic and escaped the tent, using the shadows to escape unnoticed.

"Hehehe..." Iguisor re-emerged from the shadows, chuckling, and reached toward the fallen duke.

The next moment, Nicolas's soul was extracted and placed inside a unique container. "This will keep your mouth shut... It should be enough to mislead those sluts..."

He then planted a few pieces of evidence, not too obvious, but enough to shift suspicion toward Cleo. He also planted a forged diary of the duke with the same handwriting. It wasn't foolproof, but he didn't need it to be. He only needed to plant the seeds of doubt, and everything else would click into place.

And then he disappeared again.

Half an hour later, the corpse was found, and the camp went into a panic. A few minutes later, the prime suspect was Cleo, and a hunt ensued, but she was never found...

.

.

.

Meanwhile...

After an intense session of lovemaking, Tenta, drained dry, looked at the content Cornelia and Daylily.

"So you two are going to evolve now, hah?" Tenta said, feeling somewhat lonely.

"Don't worry, Tenta... We will wake up in a few days. Please hold on until then." Cornelia smiled, lazily lying by his side.

"Pii! Wake. Up. Quick!" Daylily added, lying beside them on a separate pillow.

"Okay... Good luck." Tenta said.

The two girls then fell asleep, beginning their evolution.

Meanwhile, he checked his development during these days.

 

Level Up!

Adolescent Chthonian Elite lvl 42(Overlevel)
Parasite lvl 25 (Leecher lvl 2 -> 3)
Novice Succubus's Toy lvl 20(Max)
Intermediate Succubus's Toy lvl 25
Novice Breeding Stud lvl 11
Novice Swordsman lvl 13

Skills for Succubus's Toy:

Spoiler

Succubus's Toy Skill Order: Semen Production Up, Digestion Up, Reduce Refractory Time, Semen Quality Up, Semen Condensation, Testicle Expansion Reduction.

Semen Production Up: Increases Semen Production Speed by 10*(Skill Level)%.

Semen Quality Up: Increases the vitality quality inside ejaculated semen by 10*(Skill Level)%.

Semen Condensation: Magically condenses the semen as a vitality-rich liquid inside the body so that more can be stored. When ejaculating, the condensed liquid would rapidly reconvert into semen. (Not affected by anti-magic)

Testicle Expansion Reduction: If the testicles are expanded, the expansion is reduced by 10*(Skill Level)% while maintaining functionality. Stacks with Semen Condensation. (Not affected by anti-magic)

[collapse]

 

Tenta's level skyrocketed, easily surpassing those of the Guard Sergeants and the female bodyguards. In raw power, Tenta was likely more powerful. However, when it came to skill, Tenta wasn't sure he could beat a Guard Sergeant or the female guards. It wasn't just about skill levels but also experience and actual ability.

In the end, skills were mostly modifiers, not actual ability. For example, if he suddenly got lvl 10 swordsmanship and faced someone who trained his way to have lvl 5 swordsmanship, there is a good chance he would lose on equal terms. Of course, some skills were likely impossible to train, such as Testicle Expansion Reduction or Luck Up.

However, in theory, all skills could be trained without the skills themselves.

As for how he got so much class experience? Each layer was more challenging than the last and brought a rough 20% increase in EXP per kill and about ten more monsters. It was likely that the level of the monsters was higher. For example, if they were lvl 1-2 on the first layer, they were lvl 3-4 on the second layer, and lvl 9-10 on the fifth layer, where they stopped.

They would likely run the fifth layer a few times before beginning the sixth layer because the danger level spiked there.

Closing the notifications, Tenta closed his eyes.

"Good luck, guys..." He thought and drifted to sleep.

72