Chapter 38 – Choose Me!
1.3k 8 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sierra fell into darkness, soon landing on a stained glass platform with the picture of a Vampire Bat.

She gently landed on the platform with fear, and soon, three light orbs fell from the sky, landing on raised platforms.

 

Choose your form... Once Chosen, you can't go back...

 

"It was like Tenta said..." Sierra muttered.

She then walked to the light orbs and tested them one by one.

The first was the Bat form.

The second was the Bat-Folk form, which was a half-bat and half-humanoid. If she picked this, she would likely have bat arms and legs and a human-like torso and head.

The third was the Vampire form.

Many song tales of vampires turning people into their kin through blood embrace and nonsense like that... But it was all bullshit. Vampires didn't carry disease or burn under the sun... They were just human-like Vampire Bats.

However, what is true is that they were adept in blood magic, which is a versatile magic used for healing, fighting, controlling, and even converting others into lesser members of your race. It wasn't through disease but a conversion ritual, where vitality would be injected into them via blood. However, this came at a cost. Those up in the hierarchy could control lesser members. However, since she wasn't converted but evolved directly, she wouldn't belong to a clan but be the progenitor... If she ever desired to. But she needed to evolve a few more times to start considering that.

She didn't want to be a winged person like some harpy, and certainly not be a damn bat again, so she chose to be a Vampire, the closest thing to her original form.

The next moment, the floor broke, and she found herself on a platform with a picture of a beautiful woman with protruding fangs and crimson eyes, a trickle of blood on her lips.

Orbs came down from the sky, and she knew what followed next.

 

Choose your direction... Once Chosen, you can't go back...

 

Unlike what Tenta described, she only had two orbs. The first was the default build, the Elite. She would be a supple and seductive woman, a better-looking version of her already beautiful previous self.

The other was the Warrior, from being an Armored Warrior in her previous life. This form was still beautiful, but it was more muscular and taller, more suitable for the thick of battle... And that suited her just fine. She was never one to care about petty tricks. If she wanted something, she took it. If she hated something, she would punch it in the face. She was direct in her actions and decided without contemplating.

The floor broke under her as she fell again. Soon, she was on the third and likely final platform, with a picture of a Vampire Warrioress.

Several orbs dropped from the sky, landing on the floor. At the same time, twenty balls representing her Overlevels came to her.

 

Invest In Your Talents... Once Chosen, you can't go back...

 

She then looked at her investment choices.

Warrior Talent.

Physical Talent.

Magic Talent.

Blood Affinity.

 

"Hm... I see. I know the Physical Talent. It directly improves raw physical prowess, speed, vitality, and defense. If memory serves me right, the Small talent directly doubles my physique. However, I already have Intermediate Warrior Talent... I don't need the insignificant improvement I would get from investing in it. Instead... I'll take the Physical Talent and Magic Talent. I can ignore Blood Affinity since my magic talent is nothing anyway."

After investing in the two talents with ten balls each, they turned golden, entered her, and the platform broke. And then she fell asleep.

Her evolution started...

.

.

.

On the other hand, Daylily was faced with a simple choice. She completed the Civilized Monster class and got two picks.

The first was being a Pixie. Lesser Fairies are the natural follow-up of grown Pixies, so Daylily wasn't anxious.

As for the second evolution... It was a Sprigan. However, this Sprigan was somewhat different than the one she remembered as a Sprite. This one looked more... Womanly. However, it still looked wooden, so Daylily didn't want to pick it.

She stuck with what she knew could please Tenta and picked the Pixie.

The following selection was even more leisurely, as she only had the Elite to choose from.

Then, she needed to select talents with 20 shiny balls. She had:

Magic Talent.

Life Affinity.

Nature Affinity.

Wind Affinity.

Daylily had a Small talent for magic and Lesser Life Affinity, but her affinity to Nature was minor. As for Wind? She didn't have it. However, as a grown Pixie, she can innately cast Wind Magic.

After contemplating, in the end, she decided to invest in Nature Affinity and Wind Affinity. Thanks to Gluttony, she never ran out of mana, so Magic Talent wasn't that attractive to her. Meanwhile, having affinity could enhance her spells while maintaining the cost and make them more versatile and easier to control.

She then invested the 20 balls into the two affinities before the platform broke, making her fall after the two affinities entered her. And then she fell asleep again.

.

.

.

Cornelia faced a frown-worthy choice.

Thanks to Tenta's bonus, she mastered Civilized Monster and Inexperienced Monster Girl, an exclusive class for monster girls and their ilk. She also had the Juvenile Monster class, but considering she didn't want to be a violent monster, she didn't pick it.

The first option was to continue as a Lust Imp and become a Succubus later. Like with Pixies and Fairies, grown imps could evolve into Lesser Succubi, so she wasn't surprised. As a grown Lust Imp, her size would be about as big as Tenta's, so it was a significant step.

The second option was to become a Lust Fiendling. If Imps were Lesser Demons, then Fiendlings were Lesser Fiends. Fiends were more civilized than demons and created large tribes and loose alliances. Since their security was more guaranteed under loose laws, Lust Demons had less to fear, so their role became less subservient and more neutral.

The third option was the Lust Devilling. Devillings are the equivalent of Imps to Devils, the civilized inhabitants of the demonic realms. Demons were usually unruly, forming groups and packs for survival, but never became a true civilization, preferring chaos. Meanwhile, the Devils were opposites. They were orderly, abiding by strict law codes. Because of this, Lust Demons, who were the physically weakest, ironically thrive in this environment. This inadvertently switches their approach from being submissive to being dominant. They were more about charming, tempting, and deal-making, using sex as a tool rather than for survival.

Laughably enough, the differences between all three choices, at least for Lust Demons... Are negligible. If anything, the only thing that would change would be her sexual kinks, like how she became a submissive bottom as a Lust Imp. Also, she would evolve into a Succubs regardless of her decision.

So, her choice came down to... What her sexual preferences were. As an Imp, she was more of a Sub. If she was a Devilling, she was more of a Dom. And as a Fiendling, she was in-between, a switch. Of course, as a Devilling, she might be willing to be submissive and vice versa.

After a short consideration, she rejected both the Devilling and Imp. She didn't think Tenta would appreciate her becoming a dominatrix in bed... At least, not all the time. And while giving up control and letting him dominate her was surprisingly pleasant, addictively so, she wanted to be more in charge. And she didn't think Tenta only wanted to be dominant but also wanted her to be more proactive.

So, she chose to be a Fiend... Because of sexual preferences.

With her decision, the platform broke, landing on a new platform with her picture on it. Her skin was white, her horns were more grown, her tail lost its arrow-like head, replaced by a heart shape, and her wings lost their spikes, becoming smoother. However, her eyes remained the identical gem-like amethyst, the color of lust, and her hair was still platinum-colored.

She was then faced with the choice of choosing her direction...

The first was becoming an Elite... Which didn't make much of a difference. She was only a tad bigger, and her wings and horns were more significant. She radiated an aura of charm around her.

The second form was called the Witch. Yes, they had a Witch evolution... Denoting a Lust Demon treading the path of magic. Her horns grew from the sides of her head, growing downward instead of upward, and her hair was black. She also gained a heart-shaped pink tattoo on her sternum.

Only these two choices were available. It seems like the Housemaid didn't give her another option... Not that she would pick anything that would provide. 

Her choice was an obvious one. She picked the Witch path. Moments later, the platform broke, and she fell on the final podium.

The talents she was offered were:

Magic Talent.

Fire Affinity.

Darkness Affinity.

Lust Affinity.

She now had the much-coveted Magic Talent and three affinities. Without hesitation, Cornelia invested ten balls in Magic Talent. In the end, Magic Talent was her bread and butter. As for the affinity? She, of course, chose Darkness affinity. Although it was tempting to pick up Lust Affinity for bedtime, she didn't need it. And although fire magic would be helpful against some of the monsters in the dungeon, she wasn't adept at it. It was better to improve her strong points than cover her weak points.

As soon as she finished her selection, the floor broke, and her evolution started...

.

.

.

On the other hand, Alex was facing a very concerning situation...

On each side, as if opposing forces, were two orbs.

The first one was stated as Ancient Goblin.

The second was stated as Dark Goblin.

There was no Wild Goblin option or the rumored civilized equivalent, Tinkerer Goblin. It was as if a force dismissed them.

And that wasn't all... She heard voices speaking to her, something Tenta didn't tell her about.

[Pick Ancient Goblin... Follow your heritage, break this damnable curse, and be the savior of your race! You shall gain the blessing of all the Ancient Goblins and all our technology, hailed as the Champion and savior for eras!] A righteous-sounding echoing voice sounded.

[Don't listen to them! Become a Dark Goblin. Complete the curse, and let the Dark Goblins reign supreme! You are the chosen of Dazgolis, the Dark Goblin god! Inherit his final wish, and you shall be rewarded with divinity! You will be a new god with hundreds of millions of believers! And we Dark Goblins also have a heritage.] A scholarly voice persuaded.

[Lies! Blasphemy! We should have exterminated your ilk when we had a chance, you filthy thing!] The righteous voice angrily retorted. [Don't listen to it! Although he would give you divinity and power, he would also take over your body and use you to revive himself! Our blessings are not inferior and don't carry such risks. You can later become a god through your efforts.]

[Hahahaha! Words of narcissistic bigots and slavemasters! They would use their power to whitewash you into an ideal champion of their cause, making you lose your ego and free will. A hero you will be, but one without will. Instead of those who condemned an entire race into servitude, why not trust me instead? You will be an immortal god...] The scholarly voice said in a voice carrying an allure.

[The Pot Calling The Kettle Black. Do you think we are blind to your pact with the Dark Goblins? You would have enslaved them just as much as we did.] The righteous voice accused.

[Only religiously. I only need their faith... Unlike those who work them until they drop dead!] The scholar said in indignant rage.

[We had laws against that... something you would have never made for us had you won the war.] The righteous voice retorted.

[Hmph... Child, we'll let you be the judge. I know you will choose the right thing.] The scholar said.

[Child, please see reason. Purge this tainted filth from our noble bloodline once and for all. Don't become his tool for revival...] The righteous voice said, almost begging.

"..."

Alex's face scrunched, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

79