Chapter 46 – Overpowered Heritage Classes. On another league.
3.1k 14 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning, during breakfast, Cornelia silently ate while occasionally glaring at Alex, who gave her a playful smirk while eating. Meanwhile, Daylily consumed her food without a care.

"So... I guess you had fun last night," Sierra said with a weird look.

"You can say that." Tenta vaguely answered.

"I had fun." Alex jovially said.

"Pii! Fun!" Daylily agreed.

"Hmph..." Cornelia gave a breath of dissatisfaction and silently continued eating.

"Hehe..." Tenta warily laughed.

"By the way, Alex. We didn't get to ask you last time, but what did you get from that Unique Class of yours? You reached lvl 20 with it, right?" Sierra asked, changing the subject.

"Ah, right... It is called the Ancient Goblin's Inheritor. To summarize..." Alex said and started describing what she got from it.

Alex got, in total, four skills.

Seven Ancient Goblin Sages' Artistic Sense lvl 1: Overall Effects of Craftsmanship Talent +200*(Skill Level)%. It was simple and direct but domineering. Alex liked this one.

Seven Ancient Goblin Sages' Creativity lvl 1: Overall Effects of Creative Mind Talent +200*(Skill Level)%. Again, it was simple and direct, and Alex loved it. Even though she lost that Talent, she could have gotten it back then. It was just that she favored strength at the time, so she didn't get it.

Seven Ancient Goblin Sages' Overwhelming Minds lvl 1: Overall Effects of Psychic Talent +200*(Skill Level)%. Again, it was simple and direct. When she has the opportunity, she will get Psychic Talent.

Seven Ancient Goblin Sages' Vast Knowledge lvl 1. Grants the accumulated knowledge of the Seven Ancient Goblin Sages. She got a memory node containing knowledge so advanced it looked like Sorcery to Alex, and some looked like combat experience. It would take her months or even years to study it all.

In summary, except for knowledge, this class made Alex's Talent in Craftsmanship, Creativity, and Psychic abilities skyrocket.

From Alex's words, she would have likely gotten the complete lvl 100 class if she chose to become an Ancient Goblin, meaning all three of these talents would be instantly several times higher, and all that knowledge would have likely overwritten her head, making her instantly an ideal champion for the Ancient Goblins.

However, this class was also problematic to level up now. Unlike Tenta, she only had one class slot, meaning she suffered from the penalty of not having bonus stats. For now, it was fine. But when she reached higher levels, it would start to show.

"Wow. I wonder what you would get from your other classes, then." Tenta said, intrigued.

"Dunno, but I'll take everything from that fucker who wanted to steal my body." Alex sneered.

.

.

.

That day, Cleo finished evolving and joined dinner.

Cleo turned into a petite dark blue-skinned woman, about 1.2m tall. She had black, long hair and black scales covering part of her face, shoulders, hands, sides of her stomach, back, and feet. Her most striking features were her serpent-like golden eyes and her hands and feet being larger and clawed like wearing gauntlets up to her elbows and knees, along with a long and slim lizard tail twice the length of her body. She also had scales covering her spine, and her ears were like fins. Although her assets were almost non-existent, her body was supple and attractive, and her face was drop-dead gorgeous as if painted by an artist. Her private parts were covered by a loincloth, revealing most of her skin.

"You evolved into a Lizard Girl?" Alex curiously asked. "Weren't you a snake? How did you become a lizard?"

"Vysanke gave me the choice between a Lamia and Lizard Girl. I chose Lizard Girl because I wanted to have legs." Cleo explained while hungrily eating. Unfortunately, like before, she was still a carnivore, so she could only eat meat, eggs, and similar products. Furthermore, her monstrous hands made it hard for her to hold tableware, but she still managed somehow.

"Lizards and snakes are closely related, so it isn't too surprising for me," Tenta commented and checked Cleo's new race.

 

Spoiler

Small Lizard Girl Shadowmaster

Lizard Girls are a reptilian monster girl subspecies based on the Lizardmen as their base. Typically, Lizard Girls are a combative warrior race seeking worthy opponents like their Lizardmen counterparts, and they value strength over everything else and have low Mana and Mental Energy. However, Shadowmasters are different in that they prefer stealth over brawn, their size and figure are reduced, and they have average mana for their Grade and Shadow Affinity. However, they still follow the warrior code in their blood. The Small variants are those between the Tiny and adult-sized monster girls, and it is considered in the puberty stage, although they can mate if they are old enough.

Race Grade: E

Innate Quality: Carnivore, Semen Diet, Monster Girl, Tenacious, High Immune System, Cold Blooded, High Health Regeneration Rate, Darkness Affinity, Stealthy, Good Physique, Very High Agility, High Explosive Strength, Powerful Claws, Beautiful&Charming, Warrior Code, Low Mental Energy, Petite, Stubborn, Strong-Willed, Conditional Libido, Sterile.

Mating Habits: Lizard Girls inherit the mating trait of Lizardmen, having a warrior code ingrained even in their mate selection to produce the best offspring. When they find a male that strikes their fancy, they challenge him to a duel. If the male loses, they would spare him and leave. However, if the male wins, they would instinctively propose marriage on the spot, and their libido is ignited. They might even deliberately lose if they like a male to extreme degrees or are desperate to find a mate. If the male rejects them, they would stubbornly pursue him, attempting to seduce him in many ways. If it is determined the male is single, functioning, and even the slightest bit interested, the Lizard Girl will rape the man to get what she wants, repeatedly using her supple and trained body and monster girl skills to make the male fall in love with her. If she still doesn't get what she wants, she resorts to even more extreme methods until he does. However, when they get a stable mate, their mentality shifts to become surprisingly docile and motherly, an instinct to raise a powerful new generation. As Small Variants, they give birth to Tiny Lizard Girls only, but it is rare for them to stay as Small variants until adulthood.

Additional Leveling Up Method: Eating nutritious food and High-Quality Semen.

[collapse]

 

"... She won't challenge me to a fight, right?" Tenta wondered.

While he was thinking about that, Roberta spoke.

"Tenta. You are to take Cleo with you every other day to the dungeon solo and focus on training your Dungeon Explorer class while there." She instructed.

"Eh?" Tenta uttered, stunned.

"Why is she receiving special treatment?" Sierra asked.

"Yeah, what gives?!" Alex also added.

"Isn't she supposed to explore together with us?" Cornelia asked.

"Pii! Together!" Daylily agreed.

"..." Cleo remained silent.

"I am not saying she wouldn't explore together with you... I am saying she can explore without you." Roberta said. "Cleo is talented enough to clear the 20th layer alone without traps. Usually, it wouldn't be viable, but since Tenta has a ridiculous synergetic skill for mutual exp multiplication, it can work if he is a dedicated Dungeon Explorer. You can say I am letting her power-level Tenta. She will do chores here when you go to the dungeon." Roberta explained.

"I'm still not convinced." Alex frowned. "It isn't fair to give her special treatment like that."

"Pii! Yeah! Play! Together!" Daylily agreed.

"..." Sierra and Cornelia remained quiet, but they had a frown on their face.

Only Tenta didn't object, knowing why this happened.

"As she is now, Cleo is stronger than all of you combined, even at her low level," Roberta said. "Making her join you to explore together limits her growth."

"Hold on now! She is stronger than all of us combined?! I am not convinced!" Alex objected.

"Indeed... I find it hard to believe." Sierra frowned.

"Pii? Don't. Get. It?" Daylily said.

"Is she really that strong?" Cornelia asked.

"Stubborn girls. Phew*" Roberta blew a cloud of smoke that formed into a screen. There was an open field with Cleo on one side and the other girls on the other. Cleo was barehanded while the girls had their full gear. Both sides were 100m away.

"What is that?" Alex widened her eyes in astonishment.

"Pii! Me! There!" Daylily pointed at 'herself.'.

"A projection of how I envision a simulated battle between you girls would look like, with you having optimal conditions and tactics, and she is unarmored and can't use her hands," Roberta said. "Now, observe."

In the simulation, Sierra held her shield in front, defending while the three other girls began to cast spells and shoot arrows. Cleo turned into afterimages, deftly dodging the projectiles while making a beeline toward the girls. Within four seconds, she closed the 100m gap in a blur, reaching superhuman speed.

Sierra tried to interject and block her, But Cleo used Sierra's shield as a springboard to jump over her and then lashed with her tail at Daylily first. Daylily couldn't even avoid it as she was directly blasted into minced meat, causing the real Daylily to turn pale, her wings drooping. That didn't end there. When she landed behind them, she used her tail to grab Cornelia, flinging her like a ragdoll, blocking an incoming bolt fired by Alex before tossing her at Sierra, making her stagger. And then, with unbelievable explosive force, she made a roundhouse, sending her tail like a powerful whip at Alex's neck, breaking it. The real-life Alex grabbed her neck, cold sweat dripping from her forehead.

Sierra tried to fight Cleo, but Cleo narrowly dodged all of Sierra's attacks as if they were a joke before her tail latched onto Sierra's sword arm, pulled her over, and gave her an explosive flying knee to the jaw, causing her teeth to crack and becoming disoriented before giving a kick to her neck, making it snap. Sierra's already pale face became a shade paler, the blood in her cup shaking.

A dark bolt was fired at her from the side, but Cleo side-stepped away from its trajectory, eyeing Cornelia on the ground, who had a bolt stuck in her stomach, clutching it with one hand. With her other hand, Cornelia tried firing another shot, but her wrist was lashed at by Cleo's tail, breaking it. Cornelia drew a dagger with her remaining hand, but Cleo casually kicked her wrist, breaking it. She then leisurely walked over to Cornelia, who tried struggling before stomping on her neck and breaking it, causing the real-life Cornelia to shiver.

The simulation ended, and the smoke dispersed. From beginning to end, Cleo didn't use her hands.

"Yeah... I thought as much." Tenta thought, not surprised by the result.

"H-Hey... Cleo, how high is your Talent?" Alex shakily asked.

The other girls also looked over with new-found fear.

"I have Greater Rogue talent, Greater Battle Instincts, Intermediate Warrior Talent, Lesser Physical Talent, Small Magic Talent, and Small Darkness Affinity," Cleo said. "I got the last two from my evolution."

"..." The girls remained silent as they looked at Cleo as if looking at a monster.

Talent ranged from Minor, Small, Lesser, Intermediate, and Greater.

If measured by learning bonuses to classes, Minor is above +10% bonus, Small is above +100%, Lesser is above +300%, Intermediate is +1,000% or more, and Greater is +3,000% or more. 

Most people only had a Minor or Small talent, and those with a Lesser talent were considered in the top 1%. Intermediate Talent was already recognized as prodigies, and those with Greater Talent were a rarity. Almost all of them are guaranteed to become B-rank or even A-rank powerhouses. Cleo had two Greater Talents, one Intermediate and one Lesser. Someone like that can easily reach A-rank, if not S-rank, without help.

Human Alex, with two Lesser Talents, was considered a gifted craftsman. Sierra had Intermediate Warrior Talent, making her a prodigy in fighting. Cornelia had a Small Talent for Magic, uncommon for humans, a race not particularly gifted in magic. As for Daylily, she had a Lesser Affinity to Life and a Small Magic Talent... Which was expected for Spirits. However, she had Gluttony, a Unique Skill that, in a sense, was very powerful and didn't need a class.

However, all of their Talent combined was mediocre in front of Cleo... Though Alex might eventually top it off now with her new Unique classes... But that would take a long time.

As for Tenta, they didn't add him to the equation. Tenta was more of an oddball supporter that cannot be categorized.

"Well, I see you now understand," Roberta looked at the girls. "Any objections?"

"..." The girls remained silent, still in shock.

"I'll take that as no." Roberta shook her head and turned to Tenta. "Take her with you alone every other day to the dungeon."

"Okay." Tenta readily agreed.

He was being carried, so there was no reason to refuse.

"Also, I remind you that this is the end of the 26th day you are here," Roberta said. "After the 30th day, you need to get food from the dungeon and cook it."

Tenta and Cornelia nodded, knowing about this already. However, Alex frowned.

"Wait, I am only here 22 days, and Daylily and Cleo even less. Does that include us as well?" Alex asked.

"Pii! Food! No!" Daylily screamed, realizing her supply of delicious food was about to end.

"It does." Roberta nodded. "In the future, when you have a new companion, I will feed her until she can reach Overlevel 40 and have a more suitable form... But that is it."

"Damn..." Alex muttered.

"Noo!" Daylily screamed in a heartbroken voice.

"Seems like I need to rely on you a tad sooner, Tenta," Sierra glanced at Tenta, not too bothered. To her, Tenta was the perfect food source... As long as he was willing, of course.

"... I'll try my best..." Tenta warily answered.

Cornelia silently glared at Sierra, but Sierra ignored it.

And so started a new routine...

69