Chapter 37 Surrender or Die!
277 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Readers, the next chapter will be uploaded on Sunday.


Jonas Villa 

At the Jonas Villa, Shanaya was engrossed in her work, oblivious to the affairs of the outside world. These days, she felt too lonely and missed Ryan every single moment. His adorable face when he was afraid of her and his compassionate side when he gave her a teddy bear brought her immense nostalgia. At the thought of the teddy bear, suddenly she leaped off her bed and opened her wardrobe, where she kept her gift. She gently grabbed the teddy as if it were priceless to her, hugging and muttering, "Honey, I miss you so much. Why were you so dumb, huh? Can't you ever feel anything about me? Even if I was wrong and angry with you, it should be your responsibility as my husband to placate your wife. But all you gave me was ‘Not interested or low EQ.’ Seriously, who does that? I know I was harsh to you, but can't you just apologize to me? In turn, I would have showered you with my love to the depths where you would be suffocated. Anyway, just wait; I will reclaim everything I have lost. How dare you blatantly ignore me and decide to flirt with other chicks? Even if you are divorced, how could you entertain another woman? I will certainly settle everything that you are currently doing." She had been genuinely envious since the day she saw her rival with her ex-husband, and she focused all of her energy on her work. As she was muttering to herself, her phone buzzed, drawing her attention to it, where she saw her trusted aide, "Yasmin," calling her. 

Indifferently, she put the call on the speaker as she asked, “What is it?” Yasmin promptly said, "Ma'am, we have two bad news,". 

Hearing her tensed voice, she knew something was off, as she closed her laptop and queried, “What is it? Anything major?” 

“Ma'am firstly, Joseph has deployed a troop to Nivea City with the intentions of kidnapping Ryan and his sister and completely annihilating them.” 

"Second, Mr. Ryan Ley, has been arrested and is being held at the Nivea City Police Station. Revati Hoffman, a strict and righteous officer, is currently handling the case. She won't even lift her eyes to those who summon their backing or pull off some strings, as she truly despises them to the core. There are also rumors that she is the most honest and devoted officer to date. Hence, I believe it would be difficult to bail Mr. Ryan out of this mess.” 

“What?” 

Shanaya was truly stupefied, as she didn't know her love; her man had undergone so many hurdles and yet she had been deaf to the outside world. The tides were flowing in the city and yet she being the most infamous devil woman is unaware of it. Thus she angrily bellowed at Yasmin over the call, “Where were you when so much has altered within a few days? Just because I kept low-key, you're getting arrogant, huh? Or is it that you're tired of your life?” 

“Ma'am, please forgive me; it's all my fault. I…I wasn't there for a few days because my mom was hospitalized due to a certain illness. That's why I couldn't update you, ma'am. I solemnly apologize to you. Please give me one last chance; I won't fail you next time.” Yasmin cried pitifully as she was truly petrified by the anger of Shanaya, for she knew the wrath of her boss.

Hearing her valid reason, she calmed herself and said coldly, “Yasmin, the next wrong move, and you will have a date with the Grim Reaper.” Honestly, she wouldn't care about such trivial things if it were something else, but since it includes the love of her life, generally she was much more austere and meticulous. Though they got divorced, she believes that the day of her reunion of love will surely arrive. And if she's wrong, then she will drag him into her life with no sense of turning back. 

Yasmin could feel the coldness in her words as she felt a chill run down her spine. Hurriedly, she drank a glass of cold water to calm herself down, since the lingering fear was ripping the hell out of her. Gathering enough courage, she next threw a bomb at her cautiously. “Um, ma'am, there's one more thing.” 

“JUST SPIT OUT, WILL YOU?” Angrily, she growled. 

“Yes… yes ma'am. Actually Natasha is on her way on rescuing Mr. Ryan Ley from the station.” As expected, Shanaya curled her hands into fists as she was seething with rage, vengeance, hatred and jealousy. All sorts of negative emotions started to push her to the brink of her Wrath. 

“I want my car ready within two minutes. Also, gather all the mobs and send them to the Police Station. And if anyone dares to get in your way, shoot them on the spot. The rest, I'll take care of it.” With that, she hung up the call and threw her phone. Then she gently picked up the teddy bear and gazed at it before placing it back in the wardrobe. 

Her eyes turned brazen red as she muttered, “James, you dared to go against my honey, when it's clearly your son's fault. Since you don't know what's good for you, then I'll give you a taste of your medicine.” Then she called Yasmin and said, “I want every dirty secret of James and his family over the years within three minutes.” 

“Yes ma'am.” With that, Yasmin started to dig out the dark secrets of James. 

“Natasha how dare you try to snatch my honey, when he belongs to me? I won't let you win when I'm still alive.” Shanaya quickly changed and dashed outside, where her car was already parked near the massive gates. 

Nivea City Police Station 

With nothing to kill time, Ryan was growing increasingly bored in this cubicle. Just as he was considering escaping this dark room, he heard footsteps approaching him. As he lifted his head, he noticed Revati returning with a file in her hand. Then she sat down across from him. 

"Ryan Ley, whatever I ask you, just tell me the truth, or I won't be able to drop the charges against you." 

He nodded and related the ins and outs of the matter without exaggerating. He discovered that, while the woman before him may be cold, she is not a snob but rather a symbol of truth and righteousness. Thus, he openly confessed everything to her. Conversely, Revati was taken aback, thinking, ‘This guy is pretty honest, even though he has a temper. He didn't even omit or add any extra words.’

Thus, she said, “Alright! As per your confession, you didn't want to hurt Alex prior getting constantly humiliated, right?”

“Yes. In fact, I don't know him, and as such, there's no harbor within us. But why did he pick me for humiliation? That's something beyond my imagination and doesn't seem as simple, though.” 

“It's because he was jealous of you, hmm.” She giggled. 

“Jealous of what?” 

“He mistook you for carrying a harem with you. And in fact I feel this case is quite funny yet inextricable.” She rubbed her temples as he smiled wryly. 

Ryan noticed a smile appear on her face for the first time. As she was getting along with him when he asked, "You, even smile?" 

Her smile which showed her ethereal face suddenly dropped as she retorted, “Why, can't I ?” 

“No, what I meant to say is, earlier there were no emotions on your face when you came to arrest me, just like my sister who's cold and aloof to the world. But now you smile, so I was a little surprised. Rest assured, I don't mean any offense.”

Her jealousy rose at the thought of Stephanie, and she hissed, "You must be blessed to have such a sister? After all, she's a great beauty with brains.” She was secretly jealous, even though her remarks seemed flattering. 

“Blessed beyond measure. There's no specific word for her affection for me. It's not that I’m boasting here; rather, it's something—what I feel. She's my everything and my top priority.” Revati was preoccupied with her thoughts as curiosity grew in her. She couldn't fathom, but a thought popped out in her mind: ‘Why do I feel their relationship is somewhat ambiguous or something like his elder sister is quite fond of him, and thus she's so possessive?' Just as Revati was about to say that she heard noises outside, she said, "Wait here; I will be back in a minute." 

Ryan kept glancing at her buttocks as she sashayed her way outside, muttering, “Though her front is lacking in resources, her back is quite full. Huh? What am I even thinking? Oh, Ryan, when did you become a pervert?" 

He was unaware, though, that beneath his table was an invisible recorder. Revati scowled as she thought, 'I thought he was different from others, yet he is the same. Looks like all men are pigs. He is drawn to my beauty, though, hehe. That means my charm still works.’ Just as she was feeling like a queen, she noticed a mob gathered around the police station. The sight of burly men destroying patrol jeeps and causing havoc drove her to the edge of her rage. She quickly took her gun from her holster and fired two shots into the air. 

Bang 

Bang 

“Surrender or Die!” She bellowed at the top of her lungs.

20