Ch: 90 [Loan scam]
667 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A few days later...]

There I was enjoying a nice slice of pizza on the rooftop, overlooking Queens when suddenly, my radio, which was connected to the NYPD scanner crackled to life.

I gulped down my pizza and listened carefully, "We need backup. I repeat, we need backup. Hostage situation in 25th Street. Three armed suspects holding hostages... I repeat... three armed suspects holding hostage..."

Ah, shit! Crime never sleeps, huh? Well, time to kick some bad guy's asses...

I chugged down the soda and webbed towards 25th Street.

"Police! Drop your weapons and come out with your hands up," A cop yelled outside a bank with his gun aimed toward the entrance.

Oh, man. Cops yelling threats and demands while criminals hiding inside laughing their ass off. I webbed on top of a police car.

"Hey, what's the situation?" I asked the cop near the car.

"Spiderman! We got a hostage situation inside," He informed me. "Three men with handguns. They are telling us that the Bank tried to seize their lands even after they paid their loans with full interest. They claim that the Bank tried to cheat them and steal their properties. So now, they're taking hostages inside."

"Hmm... Land fraud huh? Interesting..." I mumbled.

"What? Did you say something?" The cop asked.

"Nothing... Leave this to me. I'll handle this..." I jumped off from the car's roof and walked towards the bank.

I opened the door and walked inside the building and saw three old men pointing guns at the lady behind the counter. I mean, damn! They look like 70, maybe 80 years old. Two of them are in wheelchairs! I really wanted to laugh, no offense, but if they fall they will die or maybe just die from the recoil of those old war pistols and they are taking hostages using guns! They are using old war pistols... Veterans! 

"Freeze!" The three grandpas noticed me and pointed their guns at me.

"Whoa! You three are war veterans?" I asked as I slowly walked toward them with my arms raised up.

One of them frowned, "What the hell are you talking about kid? Put your hands up where I can see them!" He shouted, waving his gun at me.

"Alright, alright... Calm down pops..." I continued to walk toward them, "Why are you pointing guns at that poor lady? She's just following her orders and doing her job. I'm sure as someone who fought in the war can understand how that is, right? You'll gain nothing by taking her hostage. So, how about you tell me your problem and I'll try to create the best possible outcome for us all, yeah?"

"Best possible outcome? Boy, do you think we are dumb? Stop walking and stand there!" Another grandpa shouted.

I stopped walking and stood where I was, "See, I stopped walking... Now, talk to me pops... Tell me your problems, I'll listen."

The third grandpa chuckled hearing me. "Listen, boy, they tried to scam us. We paid everything with interest and now after three months they came to our old age home and wanted to seize it as their property. No way in hell we are going to let that happen. We fought with our lives on the front lines, and these young punks dare to treat us like this? Hell no!"

"And this is the best you could do? Show me the papers," I asked calmly.

"Show you the papers? Boy, don't try to act smart here. We risked our lives for this country. How could they do this to us veterans? Can't you understand our pain kid? The people we fought for are now trying to scam us over. You think you are any better...? Running around without any care in the world in your stupid ass costume, trying to be a hero wannabe. You think you are better than us? Huh?!" The grandpa in the wheelchair scolded me as he leaned forward and squinted his eyes.

Wow! That hurt... Okay, I get it. Old timers are hard to deal with.

"What are you talking about? That's Spiderman! Fuck! James, where are your freakin' glasses?" The grandpa who was standing next to the wheelchair exclaimed as he realized who I was.

James squinted harder, "Spiderman? Are you sure, Arthur?"

"Hell yeah! It's Spiderman! The friendly neighborhood Spiderman... The one who saved those people and took down OsCorp. Yeah, that Spiderman," Arthur confirmed.

Are you kidding me? 

James took out his glasses from his pocket, wiped it with his shirt, and wore it. His eyes widened in surprise as soon as he looked at me. "Holy fuck! Spiderman! What are you doing here kid? Ahh... Sorry about that. I forgot to put on my glasses. I sometimes forget things nowadays," He apologized.

"It's fine pops... Now, show me the papers..." I asked again.

Arthur pulled out a folder from his wheelchair and threw it toward me. I caught it and checked the files inside. Oh, boy! I glanced at the lady behind the counter. Look at that bitch... Her face is dripping with guilt. I know her very well from 'Peter's' memories. She's a big-time bitch. One time May and Peter went for a loan and the way this bitch behaved. I want to put a bullet in her head...

I sighed. They scammed them pretty badly. They even increased their interest and there were too many errors in these loan files. The terms and conditions are written in such small and difficult-to-read fonts that even I'm having trouble figuring out what the fuck is written in there. I wonder how these grandpas signed this bullshit.

I closed the file. "This is complete bullshit. Your loan agreement is fake pops... Even I'm having trouble reading this crap... They scammed a shit ton of money from you all. Did they read it to you before you signed the papers?" I asked as I walked over to them.

Arthur nodded, "They read it to us kid, but they never said anything about seizing our land and increasing the interest rates like this..." He grumbled angrily.

I patted Arthur's shoulder and smiled under my mask, "Don't worry pops, leave everything to Spiderman... I'll take care of it."

"You'll take care of it, kid...?" James asked confusedly.

"Yeah, pops... Leave everything to me..." I assured him.

Arthur smiled happily and shook my hand vigorously. "Ohh... Thank you so much, Spiderman! So, what should we do now?"

"You just go and surrender to the cops and don't say anything to them. And considering your history, I doubt the cops will treat you badly. I'll arrange the best lawyer for you guys and trust me. He's really good when it comes to jobs like this," I told them confidently.

James grinned happily, "Really, you know someone like a lawyer who isn't corrupt? I mean, no offense, but what if the bank buys his loyalty?"

I chuckled, "Trust me pops... This lawyer isn't for sale... I'm 100% confident, he'll win it for you. I'll cover the expenses. So, please..."

"Ok. We'll surrender," The other one who was silent all this time finally spoke.

After they surrendered, I explained their situation to the cops.

"Damn! These big corporate bastards really do shit like this huh? Fuck! I feel ashamed for being a cop..." An officer cursed angrily as he heard me explaining the situation. "Haaa... Don't worry. We won't treat them badly."

"Good. I'll send their lawyer in a few hours. Till then..." I took the file and webbed away from the scene and made my way toward Nelson and Murdock Law Office.

As I was swinging toward the law office, I was listening to the police radio. There's been a theft in the central museum. They brought in an ancient painting last week for a temporary exhibition and someone stole it. From what the witnesses said, they described the thief as a woman wearing black leather clothes and a black mask.

Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat...

She's been quiet for the last few months. I was wondering where could she be without trying to steal or creating a menace in the city. It would seem, she's back stealing stuff. Well, good for me. She saved me some trouble last time. This time, I'll save her some trouble by catching her and having a little chat with her regarding stealing stuff.

I webbed toward Nelson and Murdock Law Office and entered through Matt's office window.

Matt turned his head toward me as I entered his office, "There's a door, you know..." He stated flatly as he continued reading his files.

"Yeah, I know. But doors are boring..." I replied nonchalantly as I placed the file on his table. "I'll be hiring you for this case."

Matt raised his brow, "You know, it's kinda weird for us doing what we do. How many people do you think you can help with the money from your pocket?"

I shrugged, "Not enough... Besides, it's not about helping them. It's about teaching these corporate assholes a lesson for messing with the elderly veterans."

"Hmm... I see..." He just gave a nod with a smile. "So, when are you going to tell me how you found out my identity?"

"Soon..." I webbed out of the window.

****

'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

Support Link: www.pat reon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐Read 18 advance Chapters⭐ 

[New billing system. No double billing. You get 1 month regardless of the date you join.]
---

Next, Ch: 91: A Cat and a Goblin

Ch: 92: Massage turned pleasure

Ch: 93: Peter & Sue

Ch: 94: A deal with Sue

-------

800 PS> 1 bonus chapter

1500 PS> 2 Bonus chapters

33