Chapter 35
119 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning of the next day, Ginryu began preparing to leave for the meeting. 

Knowing Yoriichi’s personality, he surmised that he would offer to take the blame for his brother's betrayal. 

So he needed to hurry before a decision was hastily made by the Ubuyashiki family and the other supporting clans. 

“Hikaru, Hikari, are you all ready?” Ginryu called out to the twins. 

Since he was going to meet Yoriichi, he had decided that it was time for the children to meet their father. 

Depending on Yoriichi’s decision, Ginryu would also revive the Tsugikuni clan and make them support Oda Nobuna when she began trying to unite Japan. 

In the process, he would also gain a decent amount of benefits as he would be involved in the future top powers in Japan. 

Soon, Ginryu, along with the twins and his cubs, began their journey to the Ubuyashiki clan estate where the meeting would be held. 

One weeks later, Ginryu had arrived at the meeting location. 

He could have arrived earlier if it was just him and the cubs, but the twins were with him so they journeyed slowly by walking and horse. 

Upon arrival, Ginryu could see that the atmosphere was tense. 

“Ginryu-sama, this way please,” a servant offered to guide him. 

They weren’t expecting him to come with children, so they offered to make separate arrangements for them, but Ginryu refused and asked for a larger room for all of them instead. 

Looking around the manor, there were a lot of demon slayers around, and they all seemed on edge. 

Ginryu didn’t know most of them, and they probably didn’t know him as he rarely made himself seen. 

The only ones aware of his existence were the clan heads and the Hashira’s. 

Ignoring them, Ginryu guided the children into the arranged room along with the cubs. 

Though his appearance did draw the attention of some curious eyes. 

“Now behave and don’t leave this room, I will be back in a while,” Ginryu instructed the mischievous twins. 

“Hai, Chichiue, Ah we mean Gin,” the twins replied in unison. 

‘Sigh, why do they do this? Makes me want kids of my own,’ Ginryu thought upon hearing their reply. 

Well, he had done everything a father should do for them except let them call him father, which they still did anyway from time to time whenever they got too excited. 

Ginryu didn’t reprimand them this time as he was in a good mood. 

Things were progressing the way they should with a few abnormalities here and there, but the general direction was still somewhat within his prediction. 

Exiting the room, Ginryu made his way to greet the new Ubuyashiki family head. 

“Ginryu-sama, you came,” the young head respectfully greeted. Following etiquette, Ginryu greeted with a small bow. 

“Toshio, it’s been a while,” Ginryu replied with a slight smile. He had been around during Toshio’s younger years. 

“Yes, it has been,” Toshio replied with a slight smile in return, before returning silent. 

“It seems the other clans are being a bit pushy,” Ginryu said after a while. 

He could already tell that the young family head was exhausted. 

“Yes, very much so, that’s why I informed you of what was happening. I need some help to put them in place,” Toshio requested. 

‘I see, found it strange that I was invited to a meeting that concerns the clan's inner politics,’ Ginryu pondered. 

“You know very well that I don’t involve myself in the inner politics of the Demon Slayer Corps. Why involve me now?” Ginryu asked. 

“We just lost someone who could have helped us win against Muzan,” Toshio replied. 

“What do you mean?” Ginryu hesitantly asked. ‘It can’t be, did they already come to a decision about Yoriichi?’ Ginryu dreadfully thought. 

He had rushed here to meet Yoriichi as his primary objective; everything else was secondary. 

“After you decided to take a long break, a promising talent joined our ranks. You should know him by Yoriichi,” Toshio began. He was about to begin a long story. 

“I know all that, so what decision was made regarding him?” Ginryu hastily requested. 

“Ahem, well, the other clans and Demon Slayer members wanted him to take his own life for letting Muzan and his escort escape. Along with the crime of his brother for killing my father. I managed to settle it with banishment,” Toshio replied. 

“Sigh, what a foolish move. What has the organization accomplished in the last 400 plus years? Has anyone else seen Muzan or even made him flee besides me and this Yoriichi?” Ginryu spoke, disappointed in the organization. 

“I even heard that he created a set of swordsmanship for you all, and this is how you treat him,” Ginryu complained. 

“Sigh, I understand your dissatisfaction as well, but my clan is not the only one in power, and now our leadership is being called into question because of your absence,” Toshio replied while bringing up another problem of his own to change the topic. 

“Again with human politics, what’s their excuse this time?” Ginryu mumbled in complaint. 

“They require you, along with all the Demon Slayers gathered here, to track down Muzan from his last seen location and end him in his weakened state,” Toshio replied. 

“Ha, Ha, Ha,” Ginryu laughed out loud upon hearing the request. 

“Do they think that Muzan, that cautious coward, after being defeated by a human no less would leave any traces of himself,” Ginryu exclaimed. 

Yoriichi’s fight with Muzan happened around a month ago; there was no way that any traces were left. 

“Well, you shouldn’t have been away for almost 8 years in a row. A year or two was understandable, but 8 was too much. That amount of time may not mean much to you, but for a human, it’s a long time,” Toshio firmly replied. 

“Sigh, it’s going to be next to impossible,” Ginryu replied. 

“Why do you say that when you haven’t even tried?” Toshio questioned. 

“Well, a war will soon be beginning, and you know what that means,” Ginryu replied. 

“What war?” Toshio asked with curiosity. 

“It was by chance I found out and can’t really say the details, but a unification war will be happening over the next few years starting in the Owari province,” Ginryu replied. 

“What !!, this is important news,” Toshio exclaimed, recognizing the scale of the war. 

If a war of that scale were to break out, it was likely that more demons would appear, adding more chaos to the world. 

There was no way that Muzan wouldn’t capitalize on this. 

Additionally, with the chaos occurring, finding Muzan would be extremely hard as the Demon Slayers would be occupied dealing with the emerging demons. 

“Now I believe that I should take my leave. I won’t be attending the meeting, so tell the other clans that I am off to track Muzan or something. They probably won’t bother with me when such a large-scale war begins anyway,” Ginryu said before getting up but stopped at the exit.

“On another note, do you not blame Yoriichi for the death of your father?” Ginryu asked, curious about Toshio’s feelings about Yoriichi.  

"I do not blame him; he did nothing wrong after all," Toshio calmly replied. But Ginryu, with his enhanced senses, could tell it was a lie. 

There were subtle reactions that he didn’t miss. 

This was not entirely true; Yoriichi did resemble his brother in appearance, so Toshio superimposed Michikatsu’s image with Yoriichi. This played a role in his decision of banishment. 

Exiting the room, Ginryu made his way to the room where the twins and his cubs were waiting for him. 

He was returning to Owari after which he would begin searching for Yoriichi. 

He decided to leave immediately before the Demon Slayer Corps found another reason to keep him there.

A/N: Happy Easter.

13