Chapter 2
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What? You want to sell me a city?” Lucas said, widening his eyes in disbelief. He couldn't believe how he suddenly got this offer. Now, he was just looking to buy this building but a person suddenly gave him this offer.

“Yes, my friend, I will sell my city and its territory to you.” Carter said, his voice full of sincerity. 

“Let me think about it.” Lucas said, frowning. He was a bit surprised. He did a lot of transactions, and this was one of the most outrageous ones.

A light flashed through Carter’s eyes. “My friend, what are you worried about? Is it about your status?” Carter asked in an eager tone.

Without waiting for Lucas to answer, Carter continued to speak. “Don’t worry about your status, I’ll also sell you my nobleman’s title.”

Lucas’s eyes narrowed slightly. He was a bit tempted by the proposal, but he still cautiously said, “Carter, I don’t understand. Why would you sell your land and even go as far as abandoning your nobleman’s title to me?”

“It is because I'm getting old.” Carter said, sighing. “I’m already 70 years old and I don’t have much time left to live. My descendants don’t live up to my expectations, so my best choice is to sell my territory and go to one of the big cities to live my life peacefully there.”

Lucas didn’t believe a thing Carter had said, but he still asked, “What’s the price for everything?”

“One hundred gold coins for everything.” Carter grinned, showing his black teeth as he demanded an exorbitant price from Lucas.

“Puuu…” Lucas spat out the water that he had just drank and glared at Carter. “Old man Carter, why don’t you just rob someone?” He had been in this world for a month already and knew just how much 100 gold coins were worth.

Carter wiped the water on his face and said indifferently, “It’s a territory, a city, and a nobleman’s title of a baron. 100 gold coins isn’t expensive. In other places, the price would be several times greater than this… cough cough.”

Lucas smiled as he looked at the somewhat awkward Carter. “You also know that it’s worth that much in other places. 30 gold coins, that’s all I have.”

“That’s too little…” Carter wanted to bargain a bit more, but when he saw that after hearing his answer Lucas started to pack up his stuff, he quickly said, “Okay, just 30 gold coins and we have a deal.”

Lucas glanced at Carter and said, “Carter, I suspect that 30 gold coins is still a loss for me.”

“Ha ha ha… my friend, it’s not a loss. Starting tomorrow, you’ll be a noble baron, most importantly, a baron with a city and its territory.” Carter said, smiling and showing his large black teeth.

“I don’t have 30 gold coins, only goods that are worth 30 gold coins. If you’re willing, then let’s trade.” Lucas said, sighing. He looked at the two large boxes behind him with eyes full of reluctance.

“Of course, deal.” Carter said hurriedly. 

After saying so, Carter immediately went to open the boxes, but Lucas stopped him, and said, “Old man Carter, don’t rush, you need to make me believe that what you said is true.”

“Ha ha ha…” Carter showed his black teeth and waved his hand. “No problem, you can go to the territory with me right now. I will publicly announce you as the new city lord and pass you the title of a baron. You can move into the castle tonight.”

“That's fine.”

A smile flashed across Lucas’s eyes. He went to the horse carriage, carried the boxes onto the carriage, and drove the carriage to follow Carter.

He looked at the dozens of people in front of him. They were dressed in simple clothes and behaved strangely. He felt a sense of disbelief every time.

Lucas was a traveler who can go back and forth between Earth and this Other World.

One month ago, he stayed at home and was playing a game when he got electrocuted and traveled to this world. 

He then discovered that he could travel back and forth once a day, and he also had a storage space of two cubic meters. That was his golden finger. His topmost secret.

Lucas quickly became a second-hand dealer between the two worlds. He brought ordinary things from Earth to this world to sell, which allowed him to accumulate a bit of wealth. After one month of researching and prying for information, Lucas reached a conclusion.

This world was in the cold weapons era. The level of civilization was similar to the level of civilization during Earth’s seventh century, which was the time when slavery and feudalism existed. In this world slavery was legal. Anyone with enough money could buy slaves.

Carter was one of his old customers. There was, however, no point in hoping that Carter would trade with him generously. He knew that he couldn't completely trust Carter.

Lucas’s impression of Carter was that he was a stingy nobleman. He found it hard to believe that Carter would sell his territory and nobleman’s title for 30 gold coins. Lucas had thought of the possibility that it was a trap, but Carter hadn't called any people to rob him or cause any problems. 

Lucas didn’t care about the rest. He urgently needed a place to live and a legal identity. He would worry about the rest later. He believed that he would easily be able to take care of some other world natives.

“Being a noble doesn’t seem like a bad idea,” Lucas said to himself, raising the corners of his mouth. “It’s not comfortable having to sleep out in the wild all the time or in inns.”

Lucas had tried previously to rent an inn for a month but the owner of that inn sold his information to some goons. Luckily Lucas had his chance to travel to Earth otherwise he might have died already. After this accident Lucas understood that this world was not very safe and he quickly needed to buy his personal house with one or two bodyguards.

Then Lucas asked many people to sell their house but all of them rejected him and when he was asking an inn owner he met Carter.

He decided that he would buy the city as long as it wasn’t too much of a fraud. With his ability to travel between two worlds, being a city lord in this world seemed like a pretty good idea to him. But what Lucas didn't know was that this decision was going to change his life permanently.

His life would take a turn that he never hoped. All because of his decision to make a deal with Carter.

If you like reading this chapter then colour the heart red ❤️ and give this fanfic a rating.

4