Chapter 14 – Class Prez
435 66 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was standing in the teacher's lounge, wanting to cry. But no tears would fall as I faced Hans-sensei. Somehow, his fluffy, forever-huggable aura made me relaxed in an instant.

"I just came back for a moment, Corty-kun. I am still in the middle of conquering the next Saintess, so I just came to take a look. The class is doing alright, and it seems they need direction. Now, now, don't cry. Eventually, I will return after successfully conquering isolation! Bears do hibernate, even Teddys."

"Sensei, it's spring." I grumbled, and he did not get angry at all.

"Here, yes. Anyway! I got the results of the votes your class had, and they are conclusive. You will be the Class Prezident."

"President."

"No, Prezident. Everyone will shorten it to Prez or Class Prez anyway."

"-_-"

"You are not Anon-kun, stop it."

"Sorry, Sensei." I shrugged, accepting my inevitable fate, pushing my glasses up with a finger, making me shudder. Did... Did I just make a *glint* sound? Did my glasses flash? Uuuu... Am I becoming a Prez in body, too?! The moment I thought about it, my glasses truly flashed so brightly that I felt I just flash-banged myself. "Son of a bitch!"

Luckily, Sensei was patient and waited until my vision returned.

"There is more!" Hans continued, waving before my glasses, noting that I could see again, "We have a few transfer students who are now with the Headmaster. Your first task will be to go, collect them, and introduce them to the class!"

"Roger-" I nodded, wanting to turn around, but he continued, making me stop in place.

"Wait! There is more!"

"More?"

"Always more. Here, take this!" Without waiting, he pushed a thick folder into my hands, which was filled with printouts of... quests?

"Sensei?" I asked, looking up at him with a bit of confusion.

"The spring quests from the Headmaster. The School needs its students to work hard, so we have multiple voluntary assignments. Read them through and introduce them to the class. Maybe some of those rowdy rascals can learn how to use their powers for good!"

"Ahh... o-okay... Sensei..." I shrugged once again, flipping them through, some of them making me shudder. Who would want to go on a mission to eat the Moon? Nobody can handle that much cheese.

"Make them do a few of it. The semester has just begun, and they have been stirring up more trouble than all the other classes combined.

"Sensei, Class-B consists of RR peeps; they are too focused on perfection that they would dare skip a class. Class-C is full of WN enjoyers; they are louder than all of us put together!"

"Corty-kun, that is enough. We are of the same ilk; don't say it like that."

"I'm sorry, Sensei." I murmured, lowering my head because he was right.

"Back to your first assignment. Make them do something constructive with their destructive shenanigans. You have already:

Sold items that are illegal on 333 planes of existence, became frenemies with everyone from your class, summoned a black hole, bloodletting by knife, let lose a wild demon dog, formed drug cartels, and I didn't even mention the many kleptomaniac events taking place every day.

What was the last thing? Creating a God of Duckstraction?"

"..."

"Now, the Headmaster is very lax with all of this, but we need to get in line. Go, when I return, I am awaiting good news!"

...
....
.....

When I entered the class, it was as rowdy as usual, yet the moment they saw I wasn't alone, everyone fell silent, and I heard heads turn toward us.

"I have important news; sit down! I bring news from Hans-sensei, so if you don't want to hear it, eat super glue and just shut it! Enigma, don't hide away; listen well up there! Quack, eh, nothing..."

I mumbled as I walked to the front, accepting Aaqil's cookie. Watching him give one to all the nervous newcomers quickly lifted my mood while I munched on it, feeling happy all of a sudden. Then I saw Quack slam against the walls of his cage, pushing it next to the newcomers, waiting in line to get a cookie from Aaqil... So I ignored his antics and let Aaqil feed him while I began speaking. At least he won't interrupt me like this.

"Let me first say that Paul was saved from responsibilities as I have been notified that from today on, I am the Class Prezident!" I began, writing it to the blackboard, "With a Z, like Dragonball Z."

"Like Deez Nuts!"

"I don't know which of you said it, but don't summon the nurse, pleaseeeaaawh?! Ran-sensei?! Where did you get here from?!" I screamed as I felt a hand grab my crotch from under the teacher's desk while she climbed out, nodding and dusting her hands.

"You are healthy. Good. I am here because I will have to examine the transfer students too."

"No, you don't. Please, leave, you are drunk."

"Ueeeee, no, I'm not!" She argued with a pout, climbing back under the table, and when I looked... she was gone. What the hell?

"Khm. Don't mind-"

"Achtung, Achtung!" Shouted Ran-Ron's mixed voice from the loudspeakers. There will be a school-wide health inspection soon. All students must bring their own balls to be examined. Skipping the mandatory health inspection results in extended cavity searches! Good day, everyone!"

"..."

"..."

"As I said," I broke the silence, continuing as if nothing happened, "let me introduce you to our newest classmates! First, here we have," I mumbled, picking out his papers from the stack. "Narvii!"

Looking at him... well... it was a giant starfish. I almost called him Patrick, but that would have been rude.

"By his school registration, Narvii is proficient in counting time and will be responsible for counting our hours. So... He will mostly hang on the wall where our clock used to be before it was approached by Class-C and offered a contract to count time in their classroom."

"I sometimes may fall asleep, so classes may last longer. Or shorter if you want it." He added shyly, and I don't think it was a good idea... I already saw some plans sprouting in many of the heads before me.

"Thank you, Narvii. Next is Quagma... A... hm... Quantum Octopus?"

"Yes!" 'They' answered happily, "I am a subatomic cephalopod from the very depths of probability itself. I am more "quantum" than "magic," but still quite eldritch. Quite a few eldritch chaos gods around here, huh? I, or should I say, we, also exist in all possible quantum states! Big, small, here, there, together and nowhere. You know, normal person things. We can call ourselves quite bookish, quite the nerd, and a bit shy! We are the silent and enigmatic type!"

"Really?" I asked, blinking my eyes, and then I realized 'they' said nothing. It was me doing the introduction in 'their' voice. Wha-? I... My head hurts... I won't question it. I don't need to know! "O-okay. Well, as you exist everywhere and nowhere, just sit wherever you feel like it. Next is..." I mumbled to myself. Luckily, I already knew the following person, meeting him when he was also thrust into this place.

"Midnight Fox." She nodded, introducing herself, but her voice changed throughout it. "I am a combination of A Fallen Angel and Kitsune that's also a Hacker. I am En-chan's younger sister and a merger of three of myself because of the realm shifting. Which explains the voices in my head."

"At least you have an explanation for it..." I mumbled, looking at the others, and I was sure the voices in their heads were already telling them to blow up the classroom. "Thank you." I shrugged, and it was time to introduce the next member of our group. "This is Theirl... where did he go?" No matter where I looked, I no longer saw him standing there.

"Here!" Shouted Enigma, throwing a shuriken at the ventilation, prompting a painful yell out from it.

"I'm Theirl; nice to meet you, don't mind me; I'm just lurking around, that's it!"

"Um... well, we have another ceiling dweller, it seems.  Mmm... Next is Jester Chemist. Jester. Chemist... Damn, you put your name down all over the place... and why does this paper smell like it was soaked in overcooked bean juices?" I asked, and I know I shouldn't have.

"Because it goes pop." He answered with a chuckle and produced a lighter, igniting the paper that blew up to my face, turning me into a looney-toons character for a moment. 

"Awesome!" Shouted Cortavar from the back, but I only heard whistling noises in my ear as I tried regaining my bearings.

"Cool... Go, sit in the corner or something... Matcha, stop laughing! Grrr!"

"No." He replied pompously, and I felt like if this continued, I would blow a gasket, and steam would blow out from my ears, further turning me into a cartoon figure. I am already a girl; I don't need a second transformation!

"Calmness... Think of sweet things, like anime thighs. That's it, Corty. Breathe in and out... Khm." After managing to calm down, I looked at the following person on my list. "Let me introduce Archie. He won't be a new student, but our School's newly appointed librarian. Sharkarian. Bookshark. Err, sorry, Chemist's explosion made my thoughts spill out..." I mumbled as I literally saw my words tumble out from my mouth, landing on the floor, bouncing away like they were made out of colorful rubber balls.

"Balls!" I heard a shout and saw Ran's arm stretch out from under the teacher's desk, collecting them. 

"Pleased to meet you all." Archie nodded, ignoring the scenery. "Please don't be afraid of my appearance; sharks are way friendlier than you think. Just don't cause trouble in my library." He finished with a big smile that was shiver-inducing.

"Thank you... Archie. Um... Next is... huh... wait..." I whispered, reading his paper, raising an eyebrow, and nodding at him to step forward.

"My name is Arcadia Blade. I will be your temporary teacher until Hans-sensei returns. After that, I will keep teaching you different classes, so I hope we will get along well in the future!" with a flash, he turned into a majestic-looking blade, slashing apart the fabric of reality before returning to human form.

"Ah! I saw him in Mac's stash!" Buoca shouted, "I wanted to steal it once..."

"I hope we can work well together." He finished his introduction before giving the teacher's podium back to me.

"Then-" I spoke, but then red haired woman floated through the classroom, barefooted, stood in front of the class and introduced herself.

"My name is Darkness. Sometimes I will check in on you all."

It was short, quick introduction... then she floated out the window, disappearing.

"Well... khm, that is that." I finished, looking after her before clapping to bring everybody back to reality. Before they could erupt into a tsunami of noise, I slammed the stack of papers onto the desk like Assu sometimes whacked her desk with a gavel, imagining herself to be in a courtroom. "The second part!"

"Uuuu... there is more? My memory is already full..." Botty beeped and booped from the back row, but I ignored it. For now.

"There is. Headmaster Tony sent down orders! I mean, quests! We are made to be valuable members of Scribble Hub society! Because we live in one!"

"Cringe!"

"Thank you, En-chan, I know." I answered with a wince because she was right. "I selected five missions from the hundreds he has, some that looked fun! I am going to write them up to the board; you can sign up to it any time, and the Headmaster had a note saying that they are repeatable by anyone as the School is layered like an onion."

When I finished, the following missions became visible to everyone, not just at the first seat.

"Mission 1: Rats, rats, rats!

Head to the basement with Mac and exterminate the rat horde, taking up residents in the sub-levels of the School.

Note: The rats can take up any form your mind can perceive, so they may not appear as normal rats."

"Mission 2: Find Love.

Love, the Headmaster's favorite, sentient Sd.Kfz. 182 Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf B, aka King Tiger has gone missing. Find him and bring him back in one piece.

Note: The school grounds, including the School and the coed dormitory, are surrounded by a vast forest that is right now being invaded by Pantsu Bandit Raccoons. Be careful."

"Mission 3: Host Club.

Host a successful baking show mixed with a costume ball in the auditorium.

Note: The judges will be from Class-B's RR reviewers and the fun police. Good luck."

"Mission 4: No Drinks!

Break into the infirmary and confiscate all of Ran-Ron's illegally stored booze. Any method is allowed, and no damages will be considered.

Note: Mac has been supplied with an infinite amount of Camp Crystal Lake water to replace the booze with. Accidental summonings of Jason Voorhees is a possible side effect."

"Mission 5: To The Moon!

Get to the Moon and eat it.

Note: It bothers the view of the Headmaster."

"Anyway, gals and guys... this is it!" I said, finishing writing them onto the blackboard. "I am told that I will have to evaluate your reports, so submit them to me. Those groups or individuals who manage to achieve some sort of... achievement will be rewarded a gold star sticker. Questions?"

"Um-"

"No? Good! We are finished!"

With that, I finally said everything and headed back to my seat... damn now, how would I be able to establish my own Anime Club if I have to go and clean up after them? I hope nobody will blow us up... or make the moon fall on the school. As far as I know... there is no student named Link amongst us to stop it.

By Corty

Some important news:

We are switching to 1 chapter per day starting tomorrow. Looking at the statistics, I think it is the best move for now, as I want to give everyone's chapter ample time on the stage. From this moment on, now that we have enough chapters out to be binged by anyone, we are slowing it down. 

I think that is it. The missions in the chapter are NOT mandatory. Write whatever you want. I just thought it would be fun to give you guys some prompts that you can include in your chapters and create a thread that links everything together. If none interests you, feel free to leave it out!

21