Four
155 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During lunch, I was eating with Liyana and Gianna when the flame of magic inside me burst out. It flooded my entire being and I gasped, dropping the carton of milk I had been about to open.

 

"Ria?" Gianna asked. I couldn't speak because of the raging fire within my body. Then at last the internal heat disappeared. I gripped the chair underneath me tightly, breathing deeply.

 

"What the fuck was that?" I asked.

 

"That was your magic catching," Liyana answered. "It's a crazy experience."

 

"I thought you were born with magic," Gianna said.

 

"I was born with my ears and tail," Liyana corrected. "My magic didn't come until I was, like, eight."

 

"Oh," Gianna said.

 

"This feels so weird," I said, looking at my hand. I could feel a pulse of magic running through my entire body. When I concentrated, a white light filled my palm for a brief second before bursting with a loud bang.

 

"You can't just use the magic without any structure!" Liyana scolded, whacking my head with her tail but avoiding my ears. "That will happen if you do."

 

"How do I add structure to it?" I asked.

 

"When you use it, think about what you want it to do," Liyana answered. "You can apply properties, like removability and duration."

 

"How do I do the ear-sensitivity thing?" I asked.

 

"Think about dulling the feeling nerves in your ears but nothing else," Liyana instructed. "Make sure it's permanent but removable."

 

"Okay," I said. I did so and felt a strange tingle. Then, when I touched my ears, they weren't nearly as sensitive. I could touch them as much as I wanted to without any arousing effects. And what was awesome was that it didn't affect my hearing either.

 

"That was awesome to watch!" Gianna said. "I need to see what more magic looks like!"

 

"I can show you some cool stuff," Liyana said. "Watch." She waved her hand and a small ball of fire appeared in the air. It thinned out, forming a shape in the air. Then a small amount of water appeared above it, extinguishing it while making a poof of steam.

 

"Woah. . ." Gianna said.

 

"That was cool," I added.

 

"I know," Liyana said. "It took me weeks to master that."

 

"That long?" I asked.

 

"It's really complex to summon water and keep hold of it," Liyana explained. "Fire is easier, but you can lose control and create a big mess if you don't concentrate."

 

"Oh," I said. Then the bell rang.

 

"Well, see you guys," I said. I waved before jogging to the locker rooms to get changed for PE.

 

When I got home, I showed my mother the small amount of magic I could now do. So far, I had only managed to create bursts of different colored light, but it was still awesome.

 

Then, after dinner, I went to bed early, still tired from finishing the growth of my tail and ears.

 

I think this is going to wrap up soon. What have you guys thought so far?

5