Chapter 60: Horror movie
175 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Arthur entered Amy's room, he noticed how tidy it was and how there were plenty of bookshelves. As he looked at the books, he noticed an interesting array of philosophy, psychology, and sociology books. Understanding these books required a certain level of ability.

"I had heard that you wanted to be a model, but I didn't think you'd be interested in these kinds of books," said Arthur.

"And I didn't think you were the type to judge people based on their appearance," Amy replied.

"Usually, when I judge people by their appearance, I'm right about 90% of the time, but you fall into the remaining 10%," Arthur said.

"So, Mr. Judging people by their appearance, shall we start now?"

"Don't I need to be paid first?" Arthur said. Amy took out her wallet, pulled out some money, and handed it to Arthur.

"Are we good now?"

"Yes, madam, we're all good."

They both sat down at Amy's study desk and started studying. Amy occasionally stumbled, and Arthur helped her, but Amy was smarter than he had anticipated and needed very little assistance. Arthur continued to assist Amy by her side for a few hours, and when they finished, he looked at her with a questioning gaze.

"It seems like you don't really need me, and with your current state, you'll get a high score, anyway. I don't understand why you asked for my help," Arthur said.

Amy sighed and turned to Arthur. "Because it's not enough. If I don't become first in school, my family will prevent me from becoming an actress and will force me to work in their companies" Amy said.

Understandingly, Arthur nodded and said, "Okay, I understand. Then I'll work hard to help you."

Amy, surprised by this response, said"I didn't know you still had feelings."

"You shouldn't judge people by their appearance, Amy," they both laughed and continued their conversation. As they talked, Arthur realized that Amy was a much different girl than he had thought. She was quite intellectual and also clever. Despite her dominant feminine traits, she occasionally showed a masculine side. She responded to Arthur's jokes, directed the conversation, and Amy impressed Arthur, who didn't notice at first,. The next day, they met again to study, and after finishing their studies, they talked for a long time. They truly enjoyed each other's company and found themselves enjoying the time they spent together.

One day, after Arthur had helped Amy again, and they started chatting, Arthur asked, "What's the reason you want to become an actress?"

Amy took a deep breath and replied, "I want to become an actress because it allows me the freedom to dream, delve into emotional depths, and explore the depths of original characters. The stage is where an artist is most real and sincere. Providing people with an emotional journey, making them laugh, think, or even feel sad, would be a genuine source of satisfaction for me. Also, I've been a fan of movies since my childhood, especially those that make you think while watching."

Understanding and appreciating Amy's emotional reasons, Arthur looked at her sincerely and said, "Amy, I'm sure you'll do whatever it takes to fulfill your dreams, and I can see that you have the ability."

A slight smile appeared on Amy's face. "I'm surprised by your kind attitude towards me, Arthur, but thank you."

"When I draw my curtains, I'm actually like a cat-human."

"Hahaha, I don't quite believe that," Amy said, tidying up the mess on the table.

After a few seconds of silence, Arthur asked, "So, what's your favorite movie genre?"

Amy's eyes sparkled. "Dramatic movies always affect me. The deep emotions and character development in them enchant me."

"Yes, in the same way I like drama movies. I also think a well-made horror movie can be impressive." Arthur said.

As the relationship between Arthur and Amy deepened, they grew stronger. They both enjoyed exploring each other's worlds and bonding over shared interests. As Arthur understood and admired Amy's passions and dreams, he felt closer to her. Amy, on the other hand, was pleased to see how understanding and supportive Arthur was beyond his appearance.

One day, as they sat in the school garden, Amy looked at the clouds in the sky and murmured, "Life is sometimes like a theater play, isn't it?"

Arthur smiled and replied, "Yes, each of us is playing our roles on stage."

Amy looked at Arthur with a smile. "Arthur, I want to confess something. I like you."

Arthur was taken aback by this sudden confession. "Wow, I don't know what to say."

"Just give me an answer. Do you feel the same way?" Amy asked.

Taking a deep breath, Arthur replied, "Y-yes. I've liked you since the day we met."

Amy took Arthur's hand. "Then let's go on a date. What do you say? Is it convenient for you?"

Arthur smiled. "Yes, it is. Where are we going?" Arthur asked.

"We're going to see a movie" Amy replied.

"Which movie?"

"The movie I was in," Amy said.

"What? When did this happen?"

"Let's go. I'll tell you on the way."

As they headed towards the cinema, Amy explained how she landed a minor role in a film through auditions. Despite initially planning to tell Arthur about it after winning the role and being asked out, he wasn't upset when she eventually revealed it. Holding hands, they happily went to the cinema. Since the film had just been released, the theater wasn't crowded. They sat in the front rows and started watching the movie.

The film turned out to be a delightful romantic comedy. Although Amy had a minor role as the assistant to the main female antagonist, she delivered her lines well. After watching the film, they discussed it and left. Even though such movies weren't Arthur's favorite, he was happy for Amy. They spent a few hours in a cafe before parting ways.

The following days passed normally, with Arthur and Amy going on more dates. One day, Amy expressed her desire to introduce Arthur to her parents, and despite his apprehension, he agreed. On the weekend, Arthur went to Amy's family home, where they had a somewhat tense dinner with her skeptical parents.

Although the dinner didn't go perfectly, it wasn't a disaster either, and Amy apologized before sending Arthur home. Despite the awkward encounter, Arthur and Amy's relationship continued. One day, they sat down to discuss the events with Amy's family. Arthur tried to understand Amy's feelings and assured her that they could get through this difficult time together. Touched by Arthur's supportive attitude, Amy hugged him tightly. They both made efforts to strengthen their love and deepen their relationship. Every moment they spent together helped them understand each other better.

About two weeks after the movie's release, Arthur learned that the film had done well at the box office. However, he hadn't been able to reach Amy or get her to answer his calls for a few days. Not wanting to bother Amy further, Arthur decided to wait. Finally, a few days later, Amy sent him a brief message.

"I want to break up."

8