Chapter 61: Drama movie
181 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I want to break up."

Arthur, stunned by this message, closed and reopened his phone in disbelief, but the message remained there. He couldn't believe his eyes and couldn't comprehend. "What did I do wrong? Where did I mess up?" These questions kept running through Arthur's mind, but he couldn't find an answer. So, he opened his phone to send a message to Amy, asking where she was, but received no reply. Arthur put on his clothes and went outside, flagging down a taxi. He directed the taxi towards the apartment where Amy stayed. Half an hour later, he arrived in front of Amy's apartment and rushed out of the taxi.

He climbed up the apartment stairs and finally reached Amy's apartment, where she lived alone. Just as he was about to knock on the door, it opened, and Amy stood there, the one who opened it. Amy was shocked to see Arthur.

"Why are you here?" Amy asked.

"Why am I here? Are you serious? You just left me with a single message, and you're still questioning why I'm here?" Arthur replied.

"Because it was easier this way, but now that you're here, you're making things difficult," Amy said, tears streaming down her face.

"I deserve to know why you're leaving me, and I want to hear it now," Arthur said.

Amy wiped her tears and took a deep breath, setting down the cardboard box she was holding. "I've been offered a role from an acting agency, and I need to move to Hollywood."

"And? Is that the reason? Are you leaving me just because there will be a distance between us?" Arthur said. His clothes and hair were soaked with sweat. His face was flushed with anger and sadness. Finally, after a long time, he had found someone he cared about, but now she wanted to leave, and she was doing it mercilessly.

"Arthur, I don't want a long-distance relationship, and I've tried it before, but it ended badly. I've enjoyed our time together, but I had to choose between my dreams and you."

"And you chose your dreams..."

"I'm sorry, Arthur. I'm really sorry. I only left you with a message because I didn't want to face this situation," Amy said, her throat dry and her eyes red. Clearly, making this decision wasn't easy for her, but it didn't matter to Arthur. He would have to go back to his lonely and painful life.

"Thank you, Amy. You've been a light in my dark life, and I've truly enjoyed every moment I've spent with you," Arthur said and walked down the stairs without looking back.

"..... Arthur...." Amy could only watch as Arthur left, and she continued crying on the floor where she had collapsed.

As Amy sat on the floor, grappling with her complex emotions, she found herself alone with her thoughts. On one hand, there was the excitement and hope of stepping towards her dreams, but on the other hand, there was the pain of losing Arthur. Her mind was filled with a thousand questions. Had she really made the right decision? Did she deserve Arthur? Amidst these thoughts, memories of the happy moments she shared with Arthur flooded her mind. And now realizing that everything was coming to an end shattered her heart.

Meanwhile, Arthur had returned home and was trying to contain his anger, but he failed. Memories of the beautiful moments with Amy flooded his mind, only adding to his pain. Arthur knocked over the table in front of him and angrily punched the cupboard. Tears were flowing from his eyes and he was rebelling against God. 

"Why? Why? Why me? Why always me!? Why did you give me this miserable life? Why? Why can't I be happy like other people? Why did you create me to suffer? What's the point of living this miserable life? I wish I never existed, and I wish I had a better life instead of this misery..." All Arthur could do was rebel and have a breakdown. And he was justified in feeling this way. He had no loving parents, no friends, no money, no perfect appearance, and finally, no girlfriend. He lacked everything, and it was truly agonizing.

These thoughts haunted him for hours that evening, but as always, the sun rose again and Arthur had to return to his empty and meaningless life. Despite the passing years, Arthur couldn't forget Amy. Meanwhile, Amy had quickly risen to fame in Hollywood, achieving her dreams, while Arthur could only watch her success on television. Nevertheless, Arthur was partially successful in his career and was making good money, but he devoted most of his time to work, not feeling bothered by it; in fact, he was happy because whenever he tried to do something outside of work, thoughts of Amy and his own miserable life immediately came back to him

Sometimes, on nights when he thought of Amy, Arthur started writing poetry for her, but he didn't have the courage to send these poems to her.

One day, Arthur wrote a poem for Amy again, but he only managed to write four lines and didn't finish the poem. However, he loved this poem very much, so he finally gathered the courage to send it to Amy and waited for a response, but the response never came. He saw news about Amy's new boyfriend on television and in gossip magazines, and perhaps that's why she didn't reply, Arthur thought.

A few years later, Arthur found strange black marks on his body, noticing that these moles were appearing elsewhere on his body over time, and he also noticed that some parts of his body were bleeding, but he didn't pay much attention to it. After all, he was planning to start a company with the money he had saved for a long time, and he needed to deal with many things for that.

While Arthur was busy with his work, he noticed that his condition was worsening, and finally decided to go to the doctor. When he went to the hospital and was examined, he went to the doctor's office.

"I regret to inform you that you have cancer, Mr. Arthur."

When these words passed through Arthur's ears, his world collapsed, but he didn't react.

"Is treatment possible?"

"While it is possible to slow down the tumor with chemotherapy, I don't think you have much time left. The tumor has already advanced to later stages, and unfortunately, it's too late to cure you with surgery. If you had come earlier, we might have had a chance to heal you. My advice to you is to spend the remaining time with your family or loved ones happily and to come to chemotherapy sessions."

Arthur smiled bitterly and looked at the doctor. "Thank you, doctor. I will follow your advice," said Arthur, and got into his car to go back home. He entered the small market in front of his house and bought a box of chocolates.

"You look unhappy, kid. Did something happen?"

Arthur looked in the direction of the voice and saw that it was the old man who owned the market. He had spoken to this man a few times before, but they weren't close.

"Yes, I received very bad news."

"I understand, kid, and I'm sorry about that, but remember, kid, you grow up when you can say anything can happen and nothing that happens surprises you."

"Thank you for your advice," said Arthur, and returned home.

Since Arthur had no one, he contacted an organization to donate all his wealth to orphaned children, and when he had finished his business, he went to the hospital.

As time passed, Arthur's cancer progressed further, and Arthur was getting closer to death. Fortunately, his insurance provided for him to receive treatment in the hospital before his death. Arthur wasn't angry or unhappy about this situation. He didn't feel much anymore, but he still remembered his feelings towards Amy. So, he took a piece of paper and a pen to finish the poem he hadn't completed before.

As Arthur's trembling pen touched the paper, he made an effort to express his feelings deeply. Tears filled his eyes, and sorrow filled his heart. In moments like these, the power of words became even more apparent.

When the second stanza of the poem reached Amy, her reaction was simply tears, and she rushed back to her hometown to talk to Arthur, but when she arrived, she learned about Arthur's condition and ran to the hospital.

"Time of death, 8.05 in the morning. Cause of death, melanoma cancer."

Amy, upon reaching Arthur's hospital room, collapsed upon hearing these words and fell to the ground, her tears flowing more than ever before, but now there was no meaning to it. Arthur was gone, and worse, she had lost the chance to reconcile with him. In that moment, she realized the truth. More important than dreams were the loved ones who were there for you while you pursued those dreams. The man she loved was gone, and she had finally realized his importance...

The  Poetry

" Neither does the sick await the morning, Nor the recently departed the grave. Nor does the devil await sin, As much as I await you.

I don't wish for your arrival, In your absence, I yearn for you; Leave your shadow in my delusions, Do not come, what purpose does it serve anymore"

(Writing poetry in English was very difficult. That's why I'm sorry.)

-------

"In this tale, it ended like this, little Ethan. It wasn't such a good story, was it, my little Ethan?" Luciana said as she stroked Ethan's hair.

"Yes Mom.... why do people only realize the value of something after they've lost it?" Ethan asked.

"Because we don't feel the pain of a place until we fall; first we fall, then we feel the pain. It's like feeling the presence of the people in your life after they're gone, little Ethan."said luciana. gently stroked ethan's hair and blew on the candle.

"Now it's bedtime, my sweet little Ethan..."

7