Chapter 62: Victim
162 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We've arrived at the place you mentioned, Your Majesty!" said the Guard

Ethan woke up from his deep sleep and stepped out of the carriage. The tunnel was blocked because of heavy snowfall, so they had to take the long way around. They were at the entrance of the forest where the tribe of Nemora resided. They had stopped there to spend the night and find out how Luna was doing. Nemora and Luna had gone to the forest where the tribe was located a week ago, but they hadn't returned. Most likely, they hadn't wanted Luna to leave because of the bad weather conditions.

Ethan, along with two dozen guards accompanying him, entered the forest. It didn't take long for them to encounter a beastman. The Beastman immediately recognized Ethan and led him towards the village where the tribe resided. After half an hour's journey, they entered the village, and Ethan saw that the village was relatively intact. When Luna heard that Ethan had arrived, she rushed out and ran to the treehouse where Ethan was staying.

"Majesty! I didn't expect you to come here" Luna said.

"Unfortunately, I won't stay long. I need to leave for the capital early tomorrow, and I'm here to see how you're doing" Ethan said.

"I'm coming with you, right?" Luna asked.

"No, it's too dangerous. Now is the bandits' favorite season and they might be hiding somewhere" Ethan said.

"I can defend myself, and I won't be a burden. I belong to you, and my place is by your side," Luna said.

Ethan adjusted Luna's fallen posture and cradled her by the shoulder. "Alright, you can come with me, but you don't leave my side," Ethan said.

"Understood!" Luna said with a smile on her face.

"I'm quite tired now, so let's get some sleep," Ethan said, starting to remove his thick clothing.

As Luna began to head towards the door, Ethan grabbed her arm and asked, "Where are you going?"

"To Nemora's hut, I'm staying there."

"Why don't you stay here?" Ethan asked.

"I don't want to disturb you since you're tired," Luna replied.

Ethan held Luna's waist with one hand and lifted her legs with the other. "Ah! Ethan, what are you doing?" Luna exclaimed.

"I'm taking you to bed," Ethan said with a smile and entered the small bedroom inside the cabin. Luna, still in Ethan's arms, buried her blushing face in Ethan's chest. Ethan gently laid Luna down on the bed and he lay down on the other side. Luna pulled the blanket over her and looked at Ethan through the gap in the blanket. Ethan put his hands on Luna's stomach and pulled her to him. Luna was startled by this unexpected movement.

"Calm down Luna, I just want to hold you and I won't be with you, at least not for now" Ethan said and pulled Luna to him.

"For now!?" reacted Luna.

"What? You're the one who just said you belong to me and you really thought we weren't going to have sex one day?" Ethan said.

"no it's not like that, it's just... I don't feel ready," Luna said.

"Don't worry, I won't touch you unless you want me to or you're ready, but don't make me wait too long, okay?"

"Yes, I won't keep you waiting long," Luna said and put her head on ethan's shoulder. seeing this, ethan put his hands on Luna's waist and back and hugged her tightly. Luna hugged him back like a koala. Ethan looked at Luna's animal ears and bit them.

"Ahh. Ethan! Stop it!"

"I'm sorry, but they look delicious"

"Just control yourself."

"Okay, okay."

They both tried to go back to sleep in silence, but Ethan was trying hard not to touch the white ears dangling in front of him. Finally, he couldn't resist and put his hand to Luna's soft, furry ears and stroked them

"Mhmmmmm" 

Seeing Luna's docile reaction, ethan lowered his other hand from Luna's waist and began to gently stroke Luna's wagging tail. The tail was so soft that Ethan could become addicted to stroking it. Luna, intoxicated by this beautiful and pleasurable moment, began to slowly drift off to sleep. Ethan's warmth and caresses seemed to dispel all the evil around them and lift the dark clouds from above. As Luna fell into a deep sleep, Ethan, too, began to close his eyes, exhausted from days of travel.

"Luna..."

The next morning, Ethan woke up early and gently called Luna's name to wake her up. When Luna opened her light blue eyes, she saw the man who had changed her life in a charismatic way in front of her.

"Good morning" Ethan said, 

"Good morning" Said Luna with a smile.

Ethan started stroking Luna's head and Luna, feeling the ring on Ethan's finger, tried hard not to be jealous. after all, that ring was not for her but for another woman. Luna stood up to get these thoughts out of her head and hugged Ethan. Surprised by this unexpected hug, ethan took advantage of this situation and hugged Luna tightly

"Will you always be by my side?" Luna whispered in Ethan's ear.

Surprised by Luna's words, Ethan thought he might be having a nightmare and replied, "Yes, Luna, I will always be by your side, and I will never leave you."

"Promise?" Luna asked, still clinging tightly to Ethan with her delicate hands.

" promise."

Hearing this, Luna got up from Ethan's lap a few seconds later. "Sorry, I forgot we have to go now." she said, getting up and changing her clothes. Ethan also got dressed and took Luna's soft hands, leading her outside. Outside, the Beastpeople were making some kind of offering around the tree at the center of the village, and Ethan started walking slowly without disturbing them.

"Do you know what they're doing?" Ethan asked Luna.

"They're worshiping the nature god, Galleyia," Luna said.

As Ethan continued to watch with interest, he suddenly saw a baby wrapped in a diaper. A beastman took the baby from the hands of the beastwoman, the baby's mother, and put it near the big tree. After a few seconds, the branches of the tree moved and one of the long, sharp branches pierced the baby's body. The baby's cries of pain stopped and the baby's voice was silent. The beastwoman, the baby's mother, began to cry loudly and her husband, who was with her, tried to calm her down.

Ethan's eyes widened at the sight before him, watching the situation in disbelief. He clenched his fists and angrily began to advance towards the crazed beastpeople, but Luna grabbed Ethan's hand to stop him from leaving.

"What are you doing!?" Ethan yelled.

"You're about to do something foolish without even knowing what's going on, and I'm trying to stop you," Luna said.

Meanwhile, the beasthumans heard the voices of the two. Nemora quickly ran to Ethan's side.

"Ethan, let me explain," Nemora said.

"What are you going to explain? You're all part of a deranged cult!" Ethan said.

"Ethan, it's not what it seems," Nemora said.

"The young man's reaction is not surprising. you should listen to us before you jump to conclusions," said the village chief. 

"What the fuck are you talking about? You just killed a baby on purpose. A BABY!" shouted Ethan. hearing these words, the baby's mother's tears flowed even more.

"The greatest evil one can commit unknowingly is to speak without understanding," said the village chief. 

"What?" Ethan looked at the village chief with a questioning gaze. 

" one in every four born from beasthuman unions, is born with an illness and dies before the age of ten. What's worse, throughout their brief lives, they experience unbearable agony that only intensifies as they grow. Consequently, these afflicted beings end their lives because of the unbearable pain. So, we end their suffering while they're still young, and offer them as sacrifices to the nature goddess for their souls to reach heaven after death" explained Nemora.

Ethan was taken aback by these words and glanced at the baby's mother. He was deeply saddened by the baby's death, but he had still chosen to sacrifice it. Although this event didn't seem ethical to Ethan, he didn't see there was a more ethical alternative. Yet if he were in such a situation and had to kill her to prevent his child from suffering, he didn't think he could do it. Ethan put these unpleasant thoughts aside and turned to the village chief.

"I apologize for judging and disrespecting you foolishly," he said.

"Don't worry, young man. The greatest kindness a person can do is to realize their mistake. I forgive you on behalf of the entire village," said the village chief.

"Thank you, wise chief. I apologize once again for this unfortunate incident, and with your permission, we must leave as our journey is long," said Ethan.

"Of course, young man. May your path be clear. Also, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask of me," said the village chief as he turned and walked away.

Ethan looked regretfully at the living here beastpeople and went to the baby's mother and apologized to her specifically. After saying goodbye to Nemora before leaving, he and Luna got into the carriage and continued their journey to the capital.

7