Chapter 68:Invitation
169 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We are ambassadors of Alpshar, the great of the great and the king of kings. We bring here a letter from our great king to a jester who thinks he is a king and to his dogs."

A few seconds after these words were spoken, the guards in the room moved quickly and tried to stop them. Soon the guards outside the room also entered the room and restrained all the envoys of the kingdom of Alpshar. The nobles in the banquet hall watched in amazement and anger. No doubt this was a great insult to the kingdom of Asina and its nobles. When Richard stood up, all eyes turned towards him and they watched with interest to see what he would do. Richard approached the foremost of the envoys from the kingdom of Alpshar and took the letter from their hands and handed it to the guard next to him. Here was the man who had just used these disrespectful words, and he looked at Richard with no fear on his face.

Suddenly, small black lightning bolts began to emerge from Richard's right hand and Ethan, noticing this, watched his father carefully. Richard had now activated a level 8 gravity spell, powerful enough to make an elephant dance for hours. Richard moved his right hand and attacked the chest of the messenger standing in front of him with his bare hand. No one who heard the sounds made at that moment would ever forget them. The sound of bones breaking and flesh tearing in the chest was both disgusting and horrible. Richard pierced the man's chest with just his right hand and gently grabbed his heart and pulled it out of the hole. By this time, the poor man was already dead, but his eyes were still open and his heart was still barely moving as it was pulled out of his chest.

As Richard held the man's heart in his hand, blood gushed out of the man's chest and spilled onto the floor. Richard opened the man's mouth and put the heart in his mouth. The survival instincts of everyone who saw these gruesome scenes were working like never before, and so they were all silent. Richard signaled the guards and the remaining envoys were beheaded. The blood gushed out so violently that Richard was covered in blood, but he didn't care. A few servants came to Richard and, after asking permission, they began to clean the blood off him.

"Enough of this. Now read the damn letter" said Richard. The guard opened the letter and began to read. His voice, deep and resonant, easily filled the entire hall.

"Invitation

King Richard!

Prime Minister of the Asina Kingdom!

Know that I, as a ruler, have brought most of the human realm under our rule with our power and might. This unprecedented feat I achieved alone we did not inherit countries from our fathers like you. I have heard that you have found yourself an ally and raised banners to bring armies to my verdant homeland.       Let them come...…! For us, war is a celebration; Religion belongs to Merdonbia, law to Tiamat, but war to the southerners

Just as the hungry eagerly rush to food, So too does the southern warrior hasten to bloody battle. Bring armies by land and sea! Let us clash, the sword is the truest word! Magic, fortress, marble—what are they but toys? Masterpieces are written with swords alone!

Unleash the steel-armored eagles from the skies! But victory is yours only in words and tales… Perhaps you have put too much trust in your Easterner neighbor, We laugh at Tamerid  so-called empire.     I know Tamerid very well, Is there any difference between islanders and Tamerid? Your new friends mean nothing to me! The sounds of swords, the cries of death—they are music to me!

Did you think of yourself as something just because you defeated Avarya? Is a cowardly Avarian the same as a brave southern warrior? Do you think that winning two battles means you have built a great state? It takes big blood to build a big state, Do you have such abundant blood in your veins?

We are a mighty oak, you are just a ivy! Generals cannot compete with me!                  King of Asina! King Richard! We will meet face to face one day.

Come first, if you dare. Before time and death become obstacles to us! Don't be a sly jackal or a venomous snake!  Let us fight like wolves, like tigers!

This is an open war invitation from Alpshar to King Richard!"

With these last words, the reading of the letter concluded, and all the nobles in the room were incensed by its contents. After all, the letter was an open challenge, and there was also the disrespect shown by the messengers who delivered it. All of this was enough to anger even the lesser nobles of the Asina kingdom. Richard took a few steps forward to make himself visible to everyone and then scanned the tables where the nobles sat. The nobles watched Richard's reaction in silence, awaiting his decision.

"Gather the army! I will lead it" Richard declared in a booming voice. Since the front door was covered in blood and bodies, he left the banquet hall through the rear door. As Richard left, the nobles cheered loudly.

"YEAHH!"

"Long live King Richard Thunderbolt!"

"Long live Asina!"


After Richard's departure, some nobles also left, each contemplating gathering their own forces for the impending war. Empress Anastasia had watched the entire situation with concerned and finally turned to Ethan, saying, "Thank you for your friendship, but now I must take my leave." Anastasia, left through the blood-covered front door, showing that she was not a woman afraid of blood and After leaving the hall, Ethan quickly rushed to his father's room. Upon reaching the room, he heard Richard's booming voice and strained to hear what was being said.

"How could these rascals waltz into the palace and straight into the banquet hall without a care in the world!?" Richard exclaimed.

Ethan entered the room and immediately saw the scene before him. Before Richard, on his knees, was Balleron, the leader of the palace guards responsible for palace security. Ethan quietly took a seat on a chair and said, "Honestly, I'm curious about the answer to that question too" said. Balleron, the leader of the palace guards, began to speak nervously.

"Your Majesty, we were informed that a letter had arrived from the Alpshar kingdom, stating that it was an urgent matter. Once we were sure they were not carrying any weapons or anything else, I escorted them near the banquet hall to inform you of their arrival. But as we approached the hall, they suddenly started running. After that, you witnessed what happened" Balleron explained.

"What did you do when they started running?" Richard asked.

"We tried to chase after them with my team, but our armor was too heavy, and the envoys had no armor at all, so we couldn't catch up to them. Despite all these excuses, I admit my guilt and beg for your forgiveness," Balleron pleaded. Richard sighed and sat back in his chair, contemplating his decision. Then, when he made his decision, he turned to Ethan.

Richard asked, "What would you do if you were in my place, son?"

Ethan replied, "Despite all this disgrace, I believe death would be a heavy punishment. Even so, I think he deserves some form of punishment. I know he has a family to support, and losing his job because of this mistake would be fair enough punishment."

"You heard my son. Now hand over your sword and royal palace guard badge, then leave the palace" Richard said.

'As you command, Your Majesty,' Balleron said. He removed his sword and badge and respectfully handed them to Richard. After bowing in front of Richard, he turned his back and left the room. Later, Ethan looked at Richard, contemplating how to start the conversation.

"Just say what's on your mind, son" Richard said, sitting comfortably in his chair.

"I don't want to overstep my bounds, but I ask you to reconsider your decision"

8