Teachers Duties (2)
60 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As she sang the song the children settled down and looked at her; not long after the song started their minds calmed down listening to her sweet voice.

Singing the song repeatedly, the effect it had on the children was just as she expected. With their little minds calmed, their bodies relaxed releasing spiritual energy that made the children fall asleep.

Hearing the soft little snores coming from in front of her, she looked up. Sitting back in her seat, she folded her arms and smiled, ‘If you remove their silk robes they’ll look like ordinary children.’

‘Before, I truly become their teacher I need to find out more about this world. Besides that I need to figure out how to control this…’ Looking down at her right hand in the centre of her palm, shined a ball of sliver blue light.

Waving her hand the martial power dissolved. Looking down at the book she wrote in she sighed. ‘Will this help… I wonder how they will adjust to this.’

Clapping her hands twice, the sound echoed throughout the pavilion waking the sleeping children up.

Rubbing their eyes to clear their vision the confused children looked around feeling hazy – a few yawned. “Line up against the wall, it’s time for you little ones to relieve yourselves.”

Unconsciously they did as she said and walked out in single file out front while Rucheng followed behind them. Because she didn’t know where things were she left it to the children to show her.

As they were walking they passed by many pavilions that looked similar to the Silent and Wise pavilion. She also saw ‘elders’ who had on similar robes as herself but that was just in colour.

Her blue robe was simple whereas those of the others including Lady Hong were different because of the delicate clouds embroidery on theirs.

Opening her folding fan and waving it around to cool her off from the complicated emotions that she felt, she looked at her students that stopped and started using the toilet, two at a time; males in the one and females in the other.

As she waited for them she saw that the older students were walking around, laughing and some sitting on the ground meditating?

Seeing that their master frowned, one of the boys who was already done using the toilet walked up to her and tugged the hem of her robe, “Master… are you feeling alright?”

Looking down at him she smiled. Bending down she put her fan away and stroked his silk hair that hung down his shoulder. “What’s your name love?” she asked.

Hearing her call him love made his heart tremble. This was the first time in his life that he was called so intimately by anyone he knew. This type of intimate conversing was a first and not common.

Feeling that it was wrong and that he might get into trouble, he looked around making sure that no one heard her… seeing that the coast was clear he sighed in relief. Answering her he said, “Master, this one is called Lee Myung.”

“Well Myung-ah, do you remember what master said before?” she asked him looking forward to his answer.

Thinking clearly he answered, “About master losing memories?”

“Good… yes that. Master is having trouble understanding what all of this is… can you help master understand, Myung-ah?” she asked with a smile.

He looked around not understanding what she was referring to but agreed anyway, “Yes master, please ask away.”

“Masters first question is, what is this college’s name?” she asked him.

“The Heavenly University,” he answered with a matter of fact tone.

Rucheng, “Is it the only university?”

Lee Myung, “No, master, there's many more, one in each of the nine provinces. We are in the central province near the emperors Heavenly Palace. Besides the Heavenly University, the Divine Sect is on par with us.”

Rucheng, “Sect?”

Lee Myung, “Cultivation Sector, master.”

Rucheng looked at Lee Myung confused, “Cultivation?”

Lee Myung, “Martial power – the spiritual energy that flows through our bodies that’s powered by our cores.”

‘Cores?’… that glow? “Myung-ah, the thing that makes us glow?” she asked.

“Not ‘thing’ master, core, our bodies absorb the spiritual power in spiritual fruits and beasts. Plants and medicine that help us grow strong in realms… because of this we have competitions and kill each other,” he answered.

3